The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

Just now, Follyfoot said:

One of the greatest days in BCFC history 

we're not going to retire the shirt number

we're not going to talk about him like he's still our player (like they've said we would do)

we DO have another 100m to spend to further widen the gap between the two teams

if i was a nose i certainly wouldn't be jumping for joy today

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

You conveniently leave all the good things about moving to that new company out of your analogy 

What?

Moving to a company in shithole of a city filled with people who have ridiculous accents?

I fail to see what positive there are other than being able to say that you were part of the “Company of the year”

Just now, dudevillaisnice said:

Ideally. Let’s be honest though if tomorrow Chelsea came in for Watkins etc they are off. 

To be fair, none of those being " off " would hurt like Jack anyway.

Obviously love all our players, but it's just not the same.

6 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

Same, but think it’s a generational thing, there’s no where near the loyalty these days.

Yeah I agree, I’m only 44 but the difference me and the younger generation on things like this seem to be massive the more topics we discuss.

Just now, tomav84 said:

we're not going to retire the shirt number

we're not going to talk about him like he's still our player (like they've said we would do)

we DO have another 100m to spend to further widen the gap between the two teams

if i was a nose i certainly wouldn't be jumping for joy today

Yes, and we wont have to spend every penny of the transfer fee, and more, just trying to stave off bankruptcy.

4 minutes ago, El Zen said:

Saying a player is too good for us just sounds like giving up to me. Like we’re holding him back and that staying with us would be akin to charity. You probably didn’t mean it like that excactly, but any notion of him deserving to leave and being too good really doesn’t sit right with me right now. We’re much better than that, and who’s to say how good we’d be this season if he chose to stay? 

But we literally are holding him back. It hurts to say it but it's true. If he'd moved last summer he'd be a champions league player, he'd probably be nailed on in the England squad and he'd probably have a trophy or two to his name already.

I love that he didn't leave last summer and I'm dying for him to stay this summer. but holding him back is exactly what we're doing.

And I agree we'd be much better this season with him here. But we are still an absolute mile away from Man City. He's 26, he wants to play at the very top. And now he will.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

It's all being set up for "he wasn't actually all that good at Villa, but look how great Man City have made him"

Conversely, the narrative is Grealish will have to justify the transfer fee and all the hype and can he handle the pressure? This will all be new to him. 

Just now, DJ_Villain said:

What?

Moving to a company in shithole of a city filled with people who have ridiculous accents?

I fail to see what positive there are other than being able to say that you were part of the “Company of the year”

Is this Manchester or Brum in the analogy haha

• Haha 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â