The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

4 minutes ago, JONESYVILLA said:

I would be laughing too if Man Citys wheels fell off, not sure why people get wound up when someone has a different view to them.

20 posts in all negative on the same thread just after joining two days ago. Yesh i wonder why 🙄

• Like 1

No sentimentality about ‘paying dues’ we shouldn’t sell Jack because he’s earned the right. He’s earned the right to be paid whatever he demands. It’s still a business and the contract runs for another four years. For all of the noise it’s entirely possible he never wanted out in the first place. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

If he does go, and it’s a huge if at this point, do you think we’d spend the money on top of what we’ve spent on Buendia and (hopefully) Bailey?

We have too, could be a toxic full house opening game

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Chine said:

Nose ? Dirty Leeds ? Shiteh? Manure? I’m confused 

The least convincing disguise I've seen since the Policeman from allo allo.

Some real sad cases around.

• Like 2

How do release clauses work in terms of the structure of the payment? Could we say that the release clause is only triggered IF the the structure of the deal is what we want? (ie, 80% of the fee upfront and the rest in instalments or whatever). Or is it a case if the fee is hit regardless of the structure it has to be accepted? 

3 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Honestly if you wanted to be more believable at least comment in some other threads and show you actually have some knowledge of what is happening at Villa.

Some of what you’ve posted just screams visiting fan with no absolute clue at all.

I post on this thread as its the most active and I worry that without Grealish we are in real trouble. My brother, Jimmy, has only seen him play live 2 times at VP and it would be nice to go with him again to make it 3.

4 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

How do release clauses work in terms of the structure of the payment? Could we say that the release clause is only triggered IF the the structure of the deal is what we want? (ie, 80% of the fee upfront and the rest in instalments or whatever). Or is it a case if the fee is hit regardless of the structure it has to be accepted? 

Has be 100 percent up front

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Would imagine we’d want it paying on our terms hopefully 

3 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Very good question. I assume that the terms of payment form part of and are detailed within the overall clause itself. 

The fact that the club have offered him a new contract and he still haven't signed is a bad sign.

It means he is considering his options, and we don't like that. As Villa fans we'd like to think this would be an easy decision for him. But it clearly is not.

20 minutes ago, JONESYVILLA said:

You cash out when your assets are at their most valuable, his stock is high now off the back of a few appearances at the Euros, not so much if his shins give again.

Can't blame people for being suspicious because this sounds exactly like what United fans were saying last summer.

I don't know how a Villa fan who's been watching him all year could think Jack's stock will be going down this year. No offense at all mate, it just reads like something a City fan would say.

• Like 1

Theres never been a player quite as universally loved as Jack. Truly unique. Players do come and go but none like this. He has defined an era of hope, restoration and we were hoping it would go beyond that to perhaps some form of glory. City have ruined is before, if it happens again after all that heartache getting back to this point it will be pure despair. Thats the truth. Jack gives us a reason to be optimistic and we know we can hold our own again in this league because of him. Without him, we look a different side and im sick of City dropping £60m on every player 20 times over so that they can have a bench worth half a billion every week. Then they can just take our favourite son for £100m on top of that, all whilst under a ridiculous ffp investigation when the whole world knows they’ve cooked all their books. Laughable really but it does make you think whats the bloody point

• Like 2

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

The fact that the club have offered him a new contract and he still haven't signed is a bad sign.

It means he is considering his options, and we don't like that. As Villa fans we'd like to think this would be an easy decision for him. But it clearly is not.

Who said he hasn't signed it? 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â