The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

56 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

I agree and I was being ultra critical as we should be because for an hour we were very frustrated, as bad as Germany were we were not much better for an hour.

We need to be better to beat France Belgium Italy and Spain cos France are out🤦‍♂️

I'm not a Pickford fan but that was the best I've seen him so it's between him and Jack, who flipped the game on its head, for MOTM.

Honestly as much as I love Mings it was Maguire stepping out of defence and linking up play that really helped us. Great display from him.

3 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

He wants to DETER City from bidding by him signing the new contract early--not the opposite.

I don't think persuading someone is classed as deterring them. 

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I wish he would sign a new contract before he continues to impress for England.  All this exposure will persuade City to pay very big money for him. 

I want Kane to rediscover his form so City focus all attention on him. The goal last night should do him the world of good.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, avfc1982am said:

I don't think persuading someone is classed as deterring them. 

I don't think you are understanding it. 

If he continues to play well then City will be persuaded to bid more for him. So, let's get him to sign the contract NOW, so even if he does play well and City decide they would pay more for him and meet our asking price, it'll be irrelevant because he's signed the new contract already.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Southgate is pissing me off now. He needs sacking from the job.

Watching this match and I'm surprised the Germans didn't take there chances, mean while though and Grealish is a sub.It's like we have nothing up front or even in the middle of the park.

I still can't believe Phillips gets picked just like that, I mean he has had no where near the trouble Grealish has had at being picked.

There's just something not right with how Southgate is with Grealish 

They play different positions. Phillips' position isn't as stacked as Jack's and Phillips' has been excellent in this tournament.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

The more I think, the more I get annoyed at this invented figure of £100m. As if we should be grateful that we could ever produce a player of that stature and therefore fold to the demands. 

His objective market value is way higher than £100m, but to us he's literally priceless, as no player we wouldn't be able to replace his overall impact, no matter how much we spent.

Edited by Mantis

11 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

If he continues to play well then City will be persuaded to bid more for him. So, let's get him to sign the contract NOW, so even if he does play well and City decide they would pay more for him and meet our asking price, it'll be irrelevant because he's signed the new contract already.

His price will also rocket up if he continues to play well, city won't pay £200 million for him

4 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Ahh. Makes sense now.....I think it's just the mention of city is starting to grate. The thing is he's got 4 years left on his current deal. There is no need to worry if we don't try to sell him. @Vive_La_Villa  My bad for misreading your post.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

With all respect, I seriously dislike posts like this. Why would you want to persuade city to anything other than F*** off?!

We've got our own club to think about, flogging the crown jewels shouldn't be considered never mind encouraged.

I used the wrong word.  What I meant is it if he plays well they could decide to pay silly money for him and he could be off. 

I don’t want that to happen. 

17 minutes ago, tinker said:

Not sure if anyone has posted this , Jack was voted England's 2nd best player against Germany,  after Pickford, by the BBC viewers 

"How you rated England's players in win over Germany"

Pickford made one decent save IIRC?

Why would anyone choose him above the player who clearly changed & won the game for England?

People are imbeciles.

Just now, Mantis said:

His objective market value is way higher than £100m, but to us he's literally priceless, as no player we could wouldn't be able to replace his overall impact, no matter how much we spent.

Exactly. Selling him would be a massive obstacle to our progress. 

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

I used the wrong word.  What I meant is it if he plays well they could decide to pay silly money for him and he could be off. 

I don’t want that to happen. 

Misread you post so my apologies. 👍

• Like 1

Stuff like this is slowly taking Grealish to the Beckham, Rooney, Ronaldo level of global stardom...

https://metro.co.uk/2021/06/30/stormzy-celebrates-englands-euros-2020-victory-at-fans-house-party-14849393/

Stormzy joined the masses in celebrating England’s epic victory against Germany at the Euro 2020 by randomly popping up at a fan’s house party. 

The Big For Your Boots rapper was spotted cheering on the England team at Boxpark Croydon during their big game, which resulted in Raheem Sterling, Harry Kane, Jack Grealish and co. leading us to the final 16 after winning 2-0. 

Showing his support in a Grealish #7 football shirt, Stormzy was in great spirits and joined in with the raucous celebrations as full-time was called and England went through to the next round. 

Â