The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

3 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

He comes across as a really likeable bloke as well, you can see in the training videos most people love being around him. 
Only criticism from me is when he says “yeah no”… come on Jack 😂

Yeah no, unfortunately that’s also a slightly annoying trait of our Deano. I miss some of the first half of his press conference responses because I’m thinking ‘well, is it yes or no Dean?’. Not sure if it’s just a brummie thing or a recent inclination to buy more thinking time whilst simultaneously covering both negative and affirmative answers. As bad as it sounds, I think I prefer the non-contradictory ‘errrr’!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, TRO said:

I think its more to do with understanding the relationship between defence and attack.....I am not trying to be holier than thou, but the quality of defenders in todays football, is so much more advanced than yesteryear.

The result is, its harder to score.....ask yourself how many headed goals have been scored or assisted so far in this tournament( probably one of the most likely ways of scoring).....but heading the ball seems to be frowned upon today.

How many talented teams have gone out so far......How many times have the pundits turned to "Team Work" "Mental Attitude" "Desire" "Intensity"....all these things are crucial, we sometimes call it "Application"....Courage and Bravery are paramount.

The old saying is so right " Hard work beats talent, when talent fails to work hard"......

You have to have both, one won't do.....mistakes will always happen, even to the best, but the will and desire to succeed is priceless......That's what Villa had in 1982.....I am hoping its creeping back.

There's been plenty of headed goals. England have 2 out of four..The whole quality of football is more advanced than yesteryear as is the equipment, better balls, better boots, everything down to even the shin - pads. And certainly, better pitches , hence, the desire to play to feet. As for hard work,  that's a given, but it's limited without guile and spontaneity. 

I think football should be played in a way that is easy on the eye, but being aesthetically pleasing doesn't preclude hard work and determination as was proven today by the wonderful performance of John Stones. He combined all those assets that you mentioned with the silkiness of a Franz  Beckenbauer, which was quite fitting considering today's opponents. 

We were a little too cautious at times today for my liking. As soon as Jack came on board the buzz was palpable and that's what World class players do, create excitement just by their presence. He changed the whole dynamic of the game. What a gift we have.

2 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I think football should be played in a way that is easy on the eye, but being aesthetically pleasing doesn't preclude hard work and determination as was proven today by the wonderful performance of John Stones. He combined all those assets that you mentioned with the silkiness of a Franz  Beckenbauer, which was quite fitting considering today's opponents. 

And then classic Stones he almost cost us the win by letting Muller cruise through toward goal… thank heavens that wasn’t the Muller of a few years ago or the ball would have been the other side of the post! I largely agree with you though.

9 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

And then classic Stones he almost cost us the win by letting Muller cruise through toward goal… thank heavens that wasn’t the Muller of a few years ago or the ball would have been the other side of the post! I largely agree with you though.

Incredible failure by Muller.

3 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Honestly I take it as very good news. Ashley does not make stuff up. I am very surprised by the rumour, but pleasantly so.

He's absolutely doing his best to make himself a go to villa reporter but he's also an excitable fan. It's why I prefer him to Evans. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

I highly recommend going on their forum and reading the match thread from about page 12, some of the responses are beyond pathetic, I absolutely love it :crylaugh:

Do you use Google translator?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Junxs said:

Did it annoy anyone else that the experts in the studio didn't really acknowledge JG input in the game, Sterling was getting all the plaudits. I thought he was awful bar the goal, kept running into players and tripping over his own feet, even played them through for Muller to miss.

Think if Saka or Foden had come on and changed the game like that then they would have gone wild.

Think only Linekar mentioned that the 3rd biggest cheer of the night was when Grealish came on. Other than that nothing.

Found it strange

Shearer said he changed the game to be fair.

England simply isn't worth watching at the moment, unless Jack plays. The same would apply even if I were an Englishman.

What an impact he made. That will have meant the world to him, but I don't think it'll be enough for a starting place. Shitgate plays not to lose, and it's just unforgivable, considering what he's got at his disposal. 

• Like 1

I’m really struggling with my bias.

In the last 18 months he’s become world class.

Arguably he should have been in the England squad for 2 years (25 caps)

My friends no longer disagree with me.

he’s just such a joy to watch, other teams are happy when hr doesn’t play 

1 hour ago, Adam2003 said:

He wasn't expecting Sterling to hit a wayward pass like he did. Still, I'm glad you mainly agree with my assessment of him. He's a pleasure to watch when he plays like that. I thought McGuire was superb too. He showed grit and determination and set the standard for the whole team. No doubt, Mings had cause to feel aggrieved, but, in all honesty , I feel Southgate was right to pick that trio at the centre of defence. If there is one thing Mings could improve it's his distribution , especially at this level.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â