The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

1 hour ago, Okonokos said:

For me, if we can sign 2 top quality/world class level players, I'd want a CDM and a wide forward. Then any other transfers can be for squad depth like another CB and a striker.

Ditto

• Like 1

So happy to get the win without him. That'll shut all the "Villa are a one man team up", even if only for a while. 

What a shallow/lazy thing to say or even imply, especially when it's coming from pundits. 

We've got quality all over the pitch and can have a go against any team, and you don't do that when you're a one man team. 

Just now, Zatman said:

Its also not just any team we have beaten, its not a Newcastle or Fulham. Its actually away to the greatest Premier League team and manager of all time

Our 7-2 against Liverpool pales in comparison to tonight's result! 😂

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Never change a winning team, eyh?

Pretty small time. Top teams change their squad win or lose. Whole point of a squad is to name a team that's best suits winning against the opposition at hand.  Not blindly name the same 11 just because they beat a completely different setup.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, May-Z said:

Feels a lot like the mystery shin problem that kept him out during our Championship season.

Can't remember how long that was. Maybe ten games?

Could this be a similar time frame?

If it is a similar time frame (3 months-ish), then thats his season pretty much done.

Lets hope thats not the case.

8 hours ago, May-Z said:

Feels a lot like the mystery shin problem that kept him out during our Championship season.

Can't remember how long that was. Maybe ten games?

Could this be a similar time frame?

If it means history repeating itself then I am all for Jack returning and taking us on another 10 game unbeaten run and getting us into the top 4 this season.  :D

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Okonokos said:

For me, if we can sign 2 top quality/world class level players, I'd want a CDM and a wide forward. Then any other transfers can be for squad depth like another CB and a striker.

I think you are correct, and the absolute priority of the two positions would be the No.6. There are two really good players in the Premier League that would fit our profile, Kalvin Phillips and Declan Rice. Something remarkable would have to happen for either of those to be obtainable to Villa, so I think we’re scouring the world for an alternative.

Â