The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

44 minutes ago, av1 said:

Some people think that his attitude needs to change for him to fulfill his potential. I agree his attitude isn't right, but i also think his ability is overplayed. 

The kid will never make it imo. 

My fear is that maybe he thinks he already has made it :(

3 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Nothing to say about him I've not said many many many times before.

If he continues this way I think next season could be his last at the club.

I think in a more offensive team he would look better, not sure we will see that under Bruce. Where he played today what were is options, no runners, little movement, marked tightly giving little options going forward. Even Messi would have struggled today.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Didn't think he was that bad. 

Was much more involved in the game than Adomah or Hogan. 

I agree, he wasn't very good but the other 2 were worse, Jack wanted the ball there was just nothing on for him

• Like 2

Once again terrible today, totally anonymous. 

His best moment came when he basically got tackled twice but the ball ricochet off him back into his path. 

He just receives the ball, takes all momentum out of whatever attack is building, then lays the ball back to the defence/middle of the park. 

He has totally lost the ability to breeze past people. Why does he NEVER receive the ball then keep moving forwards? 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, villa4europe said:

What he does is receives the ball looks up for a pass sees **** all on and then passes it back...

He could beat a man and see where it takes him;)

like his last goal.....he can do it, why doesn't he do it more.

Edited by TRO

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Reminds me of gareth barry when he runs 

Its interesting how we all see the game differently......there is not one jot of jacks game I see in Gareth Barry.

17 hours ago, screwdriver said:

All number 10s have to earn their corn on the wing and earn the free role. Just like Merson did and Ashley Young. I bet Hazzard started out wide aswell.

That is actually interesting Danny Murphy alluded to players playing in a number of position to learn the full game....I think we as fans can get a bit hung up with playing out of position......the Pro's don't seem to be so concerned with it......Mon was forever switching players around.

Quite often I have read so and so Manager doesn't know what he is doing.......could it be it's us that don't get it as opposed to them.

Edited by TRO

14 minutes ago, TRO said:

Its interesting how we all see the game differently......there is not one jot of jacks game I see in Gareth Barry.

I meant in terms of pace, Barry was slow and greallish is just as slow. grealish is composed on the ball but i dont see much else from him.

• Like 1

Nothing would give me more pleasure than to see Jack dominating his position and dominating the ball in to the bargain.

He is friends with Delle Ali and he should be up there sparing with him, in terms of performances.

Its a bloody tragedy for us, what he is producing.......I sincerely hope he can find his mojo from somewhere.

A fully functioning all singing and dancing Jack Grealish, would have us rising 

like a Phoenix from the ashes.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Could probably make  pretty sweet 2 minute highlight video out of his best moments this season.

But sadly that's not really enough over a 46 game season.

Really needs to up his tempo, movement, vision, intensity and most of all level of consistency if he is to become the player we hope he would be. 

• Like 1

Poor season overall but still managed 5 goals and finished 2nd top scorer. 

Has the potential to offer so much more and could be the midfield goal scorer we need from midfield. Shame he plays for a manager who'd prefer Bacuna or ask jack to think about his defensive duties first. 

I find him so frustrating - clearly he has the ability but there are still doubts over his application.

I want to see him running at defences - we know he can do it.

Too many times he slows down play (even with players alongside or ahead of him) or takes the easy option.

I'd love to see him knuckle down and put some urgency in his game (I know he looks naturally lethargic/relaxed on the ball) and could do with that extra yard of pace too.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â