The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

6 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Who has fluffed more chances? Who has failed to realise the ball to a team mate for a tap in because they'd rather try and beat another defender more times?

cant play both IMO and Jack is more team focuses IMO 

they cant both be in same team but Jack does offer more end product. his finishing is a hell of a lot better and so is his creativity.

we need go wih Jack, McCormack and Adomah behind Kodjia and I think we will look good

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

they cant both be in same team but Jack does offer more end product. his finishing is a hell of a lot better and so is his creativity.

we need go wih Jack, McCormack and Adomah behind Kodjia and I think we will look good

Because he has scored a couple of goals this season, his finishing is hell of a lot better. Grealish couldn't get in the team last season, when Ayew was scoring for us. He needs to do a lot more to prove he deserves to be in the side ahead of Ayew.

I think that, out of the usual front four, Grealish is the one who should worry most about losing his place. There's very little end product and as much as Ayew can frustrate fans he is also the one who seems to be the most creative out of him and Grealish so far this season. 

1 hour ago, villarocker said:

I think that, out of the usual front four, Grealish is the one who should worry most about losing his place. There's very little end product and as much as Ayew can frustrate fans he is also the one who seems to be the most creative out of him and Grealish so far this season. 

Agree - Grealish persistently slows the game down. Beat the full back, full back recovers, then passes the ball backwards.

He has an ambundance of talent - but until he learns to more direct and develop an end product - I think he need to be a fringe player not a starter.

• Like 2

4-5-1 for me.

Kodjia top, McCormack, Jedinak, Westwood/Tshibola as the central midfield with Adomah and Ayew wide (yeah... I know he's not really a wide player. Give him a freer role along with McCormack).

If we are getting pegged back or need to defend, substitute one of Adomah/Ayew/McCormack and put on a defensive midfielder (... which would be one of Gardner/Westwood/Tshibola depending who is on the pitch already).

18 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

So he's playing well and receiving universal praise. He misses a game through injury, returns with a very average display against an extremely well organised defensive side and he's suddenly a fringe player?

Jesus wept. 

Sorry, No thats not the case. He's recieved praise from certain posters, but not universally. Although he's done ok I don't think he has has been at the level he should be yet this season or ever in a villa shirt. Considering all the hype he gets I think he still has a long way to go and as yet should not be a definite starter in first 11.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

So he's playing well and receiving universal praise. He misses a game through injury, returns with a very average display against an extremely well organised defensive side and he's suddenly a fringe player?

Jesus wept. 

I dont understand your point, is he above criticism if he has a bad game? I don't see what the problem is? People are untitled to highlight the flaws if he doesn't play well 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Zatman said:

Looks good to me too. I like the balance of that forward line. A bit of everything. 

I have been one of his biggest critics over the years, but on closer inspection I have started to see his potential/qualities. Jack is more of a "floater" than a "burster", he is one of those players who makes gliding past people look easy but has not yet quite figured out that final bit of cutting edge movement get into the most dangerous position. More panache than ace and power.

Not everything Jack does comes off, he can be infuriating sometimes. But, he is still developing as a player and looks for his team mates when the chance arrives. Ayew has skill, but, is selfish. Passing to a team mate seems a last resort for him. For now, I'd go with Jack.

7 hours ago, KHV said:

He should be playing in the number 10 position

The annoying thing, for me, is that we have 3 players who should all be in the "number 10" position - McCormack, Grealish and Ayew.  Ayew is more debatable in terms of creativity, I guess, but it's where he'd function best IMO - taking the ball slightly deeper and running at defenders.

Spoilt for choice in one area and trying to fit them all in wherever we can.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I dont understand your point, is he above criticism if he has a bad game? I don't see what the problem is? People are untitled to highlight the flaws if he doesn't play well 

I don't think you read my post? Of course I don't think he's above criticism. I've criticised him myself, plenty of times. I was commenting on the general shift in tone of the thread after one average performance. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

15 minutes ago, bobzy said:

The annoying thing, for me, is that we have 3 players who should all be in the "number 10" position - McCormack, Grealish and Ayew.  Ayew is more debatable in terms of creativity, I guess, but it's where he'd function best IMO - taking the ball slightly deeper and running at defenders.

Spoilt for choice in one area and trying to fit them all in wherever we can.

Yep, thats the problem RDM has created. He is now trying to shoehorn everyone in out of position

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â