The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

3 hours ago, maqroll said:

if there was ever a season to really make his mark, it's this one. whats his current contract status/

Contracted to the end of next season I believe.

27 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

No. But a playmaker of the quality some suggested he was, would have produced some kind of magic in that time.. I just don't think he is as good as we had hoped. 

He did show that quality at the end of the 14/15 season. He had a terrible year last year and needs to fix that. 

3 minutes ago, Richard said:

He as had one decent game forfo us when it looked lie he could be a top player.  He is Lee Hendrie mar

Yes. That's why people who have worked with him have spoke about his potential. Why two national teams were desperate for him to join them. 

I really don't get the negativity before he's had the opportunity to fix his mistake. 

• Like 1

The critiscism of Jack is fair enough, he has not delivered just yet on his talent. He done himself no favours with his behaviour last summer, which has lost him a lot of support of the fans. He looks like he may have learned his lesson this summer though, as we have not seen any reported misbehaviour in the news. This is a big season for Jack, for me he still has a chance here so I won't be writing him off just yet. He needs to deliver this season though, and if he is to be a success at the top level he needs to be scoring around 10 goals this season, with a similar amount of assists. So far in his career apart from the very beginning, he has been more show, less end product.

i think he will deliver this season, looked ok when he came on vs wednesday, first 2 touches he was fouled...pretty much every time he got the ball they doubled up on him, he's going to have to get used to it and get past it, should be starting ahead of bacuna, can see the thinking that bacuna should offer more help to the RB but the reality is that he doesnt

last summer was blown way out of proportion and where we were as a fan base we slaughtered him rather than rallied round him, now its almost like a section of our fans are waiting for him to fail so they can say "i told you so"

15 minutes ago, Richard said:

He has had one decent game for us when it looked like he could be a top player.  He is Lee Hendrie mark 2

He was decent the other day against Wednesday so I'm presuming that's the one game you're referring to.

Just now, Ooh-Ah said:

He was decent the other day against Wednesday so I'm presuming that's the one game you're referring to.

Saying he has had one decent game sort of suggests it is a whole game not the odd 5 or 10 minutes here or there so No I was not referring to the game on Sunday

49 minutes ago, PatrickCousens said:

Wow. 

Let's just see how he gets on this season? 

In the right set up he can be a very effective player for us, quite surprised by the vitriol he's attracting here.

There's not much vitriol - in fact, where almost every other player in our squad has been labelled as "shit" in one way or another, Grealish has remained largely unscathed. Everyone wants him to achieve big things at Villa, and we all hope he lives up to that. 

I posted the stat because it's an odd one (and there will be substitution appearances like Saturday in there) and also because the same happened for other players and was used as a stick to beat them with (classic "no wins in games Gil has played in" was one).

Equality and all that B)

1 hour ago, Richard said:

He has had one decent game for us 

Bollocks. 

Everton, West Ham, Liverpool, Crystal Palace, Leicester, Chelsea, SHA. That's off the top of my head. 

He's 20 years old and has started less than 20 games for the club. Sporadically. The last 12 months have been rubbish and he's held his hands up. 

Give the lad a break. 

• Like 1

He needs to deliver more end product that's for sure. But he has also been unlucky at times that his good work hasn't paid off. 

Maybe I'm a bit of a fanboy but I can immediately remember 3 occasions where he has put Gabby through on goal only for him to expectedly fluff his lines.  With a proper goalscorer ahead of him I expect him to deliver more assists. If he doesn't then it's a problem. 

He's had good games. Plenty of them. QPR is another and I believe that was his full home debut?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â