The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

I think Jack has, to a degree, been used unfairly as a yardstick by which to judge the last three managers. He has in fact been injured more or less for the entire season, stretching back into pre-season. 

I'm more than happy to give such a naturally gifted young player as many chances as are viable. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He is only 20 years old, he will make mistakes and learn from them, he has so much potential. He has so much natural ability, it's scary, just cut him a bit of slack

Yes i would rather cut Jack some slack than someone like Gabby. We saw the potential last season. He was also outstanding in div 1 for Notts county. He could be a big player for us next season.

30 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

It remains to be seen if he continues to be an idiot on social media. Although to be fair when you have Richards calling fans clowns, youth players making fun of senior players and Lescott offering to 'bang out' fans, then he's not alone in this and his role models are atrocious.

You make a good point here mate. The senior players at the club who we need setting a good example to the younger lads are doing the complete opposite. I don't know how impressionable Jack is but he may well be influenced the likes of Richards, Gabby and Lescott and the example they set is appalling.

I think the recent social media stuff is neither here nor there for me. He didn't see eye to eye with the manager or simply didn't like him. It happens all the time as I said earlier in this thread and it certainly happened here when O'Neill left and a few players went public with how pleased they were. I'd rather he hadn't have done it, in fact I'd rather players refrained from using social media full stop, but in the grand scheme of things this was no big deal.

Edited by markavfc40

1 hour ago, BOF said:

most gifted youth we've developed in years.

I think that's a bold statement.  And an incorrect one imo. 

I've seen very very little gift if I'm honest. Certainly none that appears sustainable.

I honestly think it's about time we stopped pussy footing around these players.

Forgiven him and being all nicey nicey is all well and good but when has it ever got results in football.

If jack grealish is going to make it as anything in football then hel do it with or without us. 

He's 20 years old! Stop pissing about on social media and just flipping well get on with it.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

You make a good point here mate. The senior players at the club who we need setting a good example to the younger lads are doing the complete opposite. I don't know how impressionable Jack is but he may well be influenced the likes of Richards, Gabby and Lescott and the example they set is appalling.

At no point does he need to follow in their footsteps. 

17 minutes ago, BOF said:

My point doesn't hinge on where exactly he sits in someone's subjective Villa youth player league table.

I never said it did. I just disagreed with that particular point.

I then went on to say why I disagreed with your overall point.

He's 20 years old. He's on a massive wage. He needs to step up. Simple as.

• Like 1

The time when you could get by on talent alone is long gone.

You need dedication, hard work and luck to make it at the top level.

Jack had talent, it remains to be seen if he has anything more.

• Like 1

I dont know what to make of Jack, some very brief flashes of talent but also so many times of ineffectiveness.  Are we as fans so desperate for something to grip onto that we make a few flashes something more and 15 minutes every half a dozen games we hope can turn into consistent excellence every game or is he really just a player with a few tricks that sometimes work but nothing more than that.  I'm not sure we have enough evidence for either yet.  History suggests the latter, my hope is the former

I think a better potential yardstick for Jack has been John Terry's career. When he first broke into the Chelsea team about the same age as Jack, he was a mouthy, horrible word removed of a person. And now he's 30+ and matured he's....... still a mouthy, horrible word removed of a person.

QED

4 minutes ago, mwj said:

I think a better potential yardstick for Jack has been John Terry's career. When he first broke into the Chelsea team about the same age as Jack, he was a mouthy, horrible word removed of a person. And now he's 30+ and matured he's....... still a mouthy, horrible word removed of a person.

QED

Lol he certainly is that, but he knuckled down on the pitch and forged a successful career. He's not likeable but that doesn't matter if he's putting in performances every week. 

Whether Jack is open minded to learning the lessons from other professionals though is doubtful. Merson tried but Jack failed to turn up. 

Just now, Jay.P.A said:

Played well today. Should build the team around him.

Hmm

Against a completely switched off Chelsea second team 4-0 up ?

He did, what, ok ?  Having just decided to play now the guy he didn't like has gone ?

I'd want to see an awful lot more before he became a regular, let alone build a team around him.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Hmm

Against a completely switched off Chelsea second team 4-0 up ?

He did, what, ok ?  Having just decided to play now the guy he didn't like has gone ?

I'd want to see an awful lot more before he became a regular, let alone build a team around him.

Sorry mate, I was taking the piss

• Like 1

You can see he has some ability, even from a short cameo.

Too bad he isn't a professional (yet at least)

Kudos for actually going over and applauding the fans, that took some courage 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â