Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

Folski

17 hours ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Again thought that Sherlock episode was brilliant. Shame it's the season finale next week. 

Hmmm, for me it veered into Sherlock-I-don't-like territory.  Interesting twist at the end but I'm having trouble understanding how it fits into the rest of what happened.

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

The one where Scott dies and (hello to) Jason Isaacs dumps him back in the cell.

Then they do those "movements" to bring him back to life.

I get the feeling that was meant to be an incredible moment but I found it honestly hilarious.

I've seen the episode after that now and it's gotten slightly less hilarious. But it's still very weird.

I was going to say something in relation but realised it would be a bit spoilery. All I can say is just wait.

4 hours ago, Brumerican said:

I think Spurs v Villa was the first time I have watched an actual TV station in about 3 months .

I couldn't even be bothered with that!

I pay £12 (or thereabouts) a month for the licence fee but if it was optional I would cancel it.

Started watching Lucky Man on Now TV. UK detective drama with James Nesbitt. Not a bad start. 

Sometimes I just get bored of US shows and like the familiarity of UK based ones. 

3 hours ago, darrenm said:

I was going to say something in relation but realised it would be a bit spoilery. All I can say is just wait.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I finished it.

I mean what the actual ****?

I feel like that show was 90% of the way there to being really very good. So very close. 

Ridiculous

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I finished it.

I mean what the actual ****?

I feel like that show was 90% of the way there to being really very good. So very close. 

Ridiculous

Spoiler

What did you think of the mass school shooting scene though? I was shocked & thought it was well filmed.

I get why people hate the dancing/movement thing though. I admit I didn't mind it too much but each to their own.

18 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:
  Hide contents

What did you think of the mass school shooting scene though? I was shocked & thought it was well filmed.

I get why people hate the dancing/movement thing though. I admit I didn't mind it too much but each to their own.

Spoiler

If the movements weren't part of it then it would have been a good show.

Like if they just weren't in it, and the whole thing had been a lie, but it got them to that point and they somehow together stopped the shooting then yeah, that would have worked. That scene was good. Until the dancing!

• Like 1

Season 5 of Vikings starts here on Thursday. I enjoy it and I am looking forward to it. I like the characters and the fight scenes, even though it comes across as a poor man's Game of Thrones.

What is everyone else's take on the show?

9 hours ago, stuart_75 said:

The "movements" offended be greatly, what utter modern dance tripe. Felt cheated at the end because I was so intrigued and the ending was complete guff.

Spoiler

When the shooting scene started (or when the shooter appeared) I honestly thought "Wow, this is going to be good".

At that point I was thinking the dancing was ridiculous, but the point of the story was going to be even though it was all made up, it brought them together, improved them as people and made them work together at the end to take down this shooter. I thought they were going to rush the shooter, maybe get shot in the process, but save the school.

I honestly think that sort of ending would have been good, even with the movements being part of the story earlier. But them actually doing the dancing was insane. I mean I get that it distracted the shooter, but still. Again, the other half and I were giggling through the whole thing

That being said, what do people think of the ending?

Spoiler

Was it all real after all? She clearly did have a premonition about the shooting. So was she dead at the end and "getting to homer" was actually just dying? Or was she in another NDE?

Or, as the gf suggested, was the whole thing an elaborate suicide plot? 

I predicted that the whole story of the 5 captives in the cell was going to be made up like "The Usual Suspects" about halfway through the series, so I was chuffed when it looked like I was right. But now I don't really know.

54 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:
  Hide contents

When the shooting scene started (or when the shooter appeared) I honestly thought "Wow, this is going to be good".

At that point I was thinking the dancing was ridiculous, but the point of the story was going to be even though it was all made up, it brought them together, improved them as people and made them work together at the end to take down this shooter. I thought they were going to rush the shooter, maybe get shot in the process, but save the school.

I honestly think that sort of ending would have been good, even with the movements being part of the story earlier. But them actually doing the dancing was insane. I mean I get that it distracted the shooter, but still. Again, the other half and I were giggling through the whole thing

I was pissing myself at this point in the film. Like you, I thought something really interesting might happen but...

Spoiler

The school kids had just realised that the girl made up the whole story, well they are of that belief anyway due to the books they found. They literally think the whole thing is a load of rubbish. So why on earth would they stand up and do a stupid dance in front of a kid with a gun?!?

Also, these school shootings are usually one of the pupils bringing a gun to school, and it's usually an insecure lonely "**** this world" type kid. I can only imagine a kid like that would love to kill 2 types of people above all else, a football "jock" and a bully. Both of those people were doing that stupid dance, the shooter would have shot them the minute they stood up.

There was another really stupid point which I posted a few pages back but can't remember what it is now.

I think the whole thing would have been better if the shooter shot all the kids and then someone stops the shooter. So the dance did take them to a new dimension (death).

The best bit about the series was Sharon Van Etten acting/singing whilst locked up. Such a good singer. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 2

Just now, theboyangel said:

Really rate Sharon Van Etten - cracking voice and great songs

(Bit off topic - but if you like her Pieface then check out Angel Olsen's Woman - if you haven't already!) 

(Still off topic, but got the album and love it! In my top 10 for last year :) ) 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I was pissing myself at this point in the film. Like you, I thought something really interesting might happen but...

Hide contents

The school kids had just realised that the girl made up the whole story, well they are of that belief anyway due to the books they found. They literally think the whole thing is a load of rubbish. So why on earth would they stand up and do a stupid dance in front of a kid with a gun?!?

Also, these school shootings are usually one of the pupils bringing a gun to school, and it's usually an insecure lonely "**** this world" type kid. I can only imagine a kid like that would love to kill 2 types of people above all else, a football "jock" and a bully. Both of those people were doing that stupid dance, the shooter would have shot them the minute they stood up.

There was another really stupid point which I posted a few pages back but can't remember what it is now.

I think the whole thing would have been better if the shooter shot all the kids and then someone stops the shooter. So the dance did take them to a new dimension (death).

The best bit about the series was Sharon Van Etten acting/singing whilst locked up. Such a good singer. 

I thought that singing bit was cringe as **** to be honest.

Spoiler

Agree with your first sentence in the spoiler which is why

I think it would have been fine if they stopped the shooter, but NOT by doing the dance. As in the story was all bollocks, they don't believe it, but look it brought us all together and now we're doing this amazing thing together.

Also

Spoiler

I'm pretty sure a bullet from an assault rifle directly into your heart would kill you pretty quickly

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I thought that singing bit was cringe as **** to be honest.

Reveal hidden contents

Agree with your first sentence in the spoiler which is why

I think it would have been fine if they stopped the shooter, but NOT by doing the dance. As in the story was all bollocks, they don't believe it, but look it brought us all together and now we're doing this amazing thing together.

Also

Reveal hidden contents

I'm pretty sure a bullet from an assault rifle directly into your heart would kill you pretty quickly

To be honest it could have been a video of Sharon having a shit whilst singing and I'd still have loved it. Amazing artist (not a great actor, mind).

Yeh I think the series is good in the sense that, at least you think about it can talk about it, it achieves more than a hell of a lot of series do. But, the disappointment comes from it starting so strong and then ultimately just getting very... well... stupid. 

My theory

Spoiler

When French was in the house at the end, he got caught by the FBI man. but what was he doing there? 

I reckon he planted the books. If Prairie was blinded when she was a child in Russia, would she even be able to read English?

Maybe the FBI are in on Jason isaacs' work and want to cover it up by everyone thinking Prairie is mental?

We know that at least some of her story must be true.

Knwoing some TV shows these days though, there's probably "no explanation"!

Edited by Stevo985

The Tudors.

It's great, showing how awesome our history is. The guy playing young Henry doesn't come across like most people's idea of Henry VIII though, but he sure liked a bit of clunge.

And Natalie Dormer gets her bewbs out ;)

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â