Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

Folski

13 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm watching the OA at the moment. 4 episodes in I think.

I think it's pretty good so far, although there's several things that have happened that are already really stupid.

I'm watching it with this trepidation, though, due to what you guys have said about the ending

I liked it. I could see why people wouldn't like the ending but it surprised me and I thought it wrapped things up. Some people will never be happy with a shows ending but I don't expect a mind blowing philosophical finale from something that is basically entertainment. 

11 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

I understand that you'd count it as a negative but the clues are there I just wasn't quick enough to spot them! 

I'll put the main thing below that made it really enjoyable for me and it's up to you if you want to look. It's not really a spoiler almost more like reading notes you'd get for a book, but again it's your choice.

Reveal hidden contents

There are 3 timelines that get shown and it's not always clear when whats happening. The young guy who is falling in love with Dolores is also the man in black just 30 years later after he's been visiting the park for that long. You may have noticed that those 2 characters never appear in scenes together. Some of it takes place just when the park 1st opens (34 years earlier) a lot takes place 4 years later and the the man in black story (Ed Harris) is 34 years from the opening of the park. There are subtle clues such as the logo is different at the train station. Obviously the logo has been updated over the course of time.

I wouldn't recommend anyone read that before watching the show. Knowing the "big reveal" of the finale in advance isn't going to make it any more enjoyable.

• Like 4

Just now, LakotaDakota said:

I wouldn't recommend anyone read that before watching the show. Knowing the "big reveal" of the finale in advance isn't going to make it any more enjoyable.

But it's not a big reveal. It's telegraphed all the way through the season. What is the big reveal that I mentioned?

You have basically explained a large chunk of what is revealed in the final eposide and said it is not a spoiler.

Did you know Bruce Willis was dead all along before watching Sixth Sense?

Sure there are clues all along but knowing the outcome of something before it happens isn't generally a good thing. You even said yourself that you didn't love it until it was revealed/you worked it out and then went back and rewatched it...

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

You have basically explained a large chunk of what is revealed in the final eposide and said it is not a spoiler.

Did you know Bruce Willis was dead all along before watching Sixth Sense?

Sure there are clues all along but knowing the outcome of something before it happens isn't generally a good thing. You even said yourself that you didn't love it until it was revealed/you worked it out and then went back and rewatched it...

It's not revealed in the last episode it's there all along. There are far bigger 'reveals' & twists throughout the series.

A lot of people talked about it in this thread (without putting it in spoiler quotes) because it seemed obvious to them. 

And yes, someone did ruin 6th sense for me and even had an ex tell me what was in the box when we were buying the tickets for "Seven." That was really annoying.

"Let it Shine" on the BBC (Saturday)

Easily one of the worst programmes I have seen on a Saturday night.  It was pure curiosity to be honest as they looked to have spent a right few quid on it.

Almost everyone got through to the next round but none of them in reality can sing.  Truly awful and I felt embarrassed for them.  I can sing better than most of these which gives you an idea.  There is a crowd behind the judges but there are only a few 100 people there maximum,  they make it look like an arena but it's a shed.

2/10

6 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

I understand that you'd count it as a negative but the clues are there I just wasn't quick enough to spot them! 

I'll put the main thing below that made it really enjoyable for me and it's up to you if you want to look. It's not really a spoiler almost more like reading notes you'd get for a book, but again it's your choice.

Reveal hidden contents

There are 3 timelines that get shown and it's not always clear when whats happening. The young guy who is falling in love with Dolores is also the man in black just 30 years later after he's been visiting the park for that long. You may have noticed that those 2 characters never appear in scenes together. Some of it takes place just when the park 1st opens (34 years earlier) a lot takes place 4 years later and the the man in black story (Ed Harris) is 34 years from the opening of the park. There are subtle clues such as the logo is different at the train station. Obviously the logo has been updated over the course of time.

I really shouldn't have read that, should I? :(

6 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

I liked it. I could see why people wouldn't like the ending but it surprised me and I thought it wrapped things up. Some people will never be happy with a shows ending but I don't expect a mind blowing philosophical finale from something that is basically entertainment. 

I'm enjoying it more than I'm enjoying Westworld, I have to be honest.

Although something's just happened that had me and my GF laughing all the way through the end credits, and I don't think it was meant to be funny!

Edited by Stevo985

Billy Bob in Gothic or something. 

Don't normally like watching stuff with hour long episodes (apart from WTD), but that 1 episode has got me hooked.  Looking forward to episode 2.

I've got a weird thing with Billy Bob.. I can watch him in anything and I find it really good.. Fargo, Gothic or somethin.. Bad Santa.. I just find him really cool for some reason :lol: 

Goliath! i havent seen it i just saw that he won best actor at the golden globes last night

the crown won best tv show beating GoT, stranger things and Westworld, the people vs OJ simpson won best limited series, i agree with OJ but im surprised with the crown

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Easily one of the worst programmes I have seen on a Saturday night.  It was pure curiosity to be honest as they looked to have spent a right few quid on it.

Almost everyone got through to the next round but none of them in reality can sing.  Truly awful and I felt embarrassed for them.  I can sing better than most of these which gives you an idea.  There is a crowd behind the judges but there are only a few 100 people there maximum,  they make it look like an arena but it's a shed.

2/10

I absent mindedly left BBC1 on after Pointless Celebrities, and it was off within 4 seconds of me noticing Gary Barlow was singing on my TV.

Edited by dAVe80
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

I absent mindedly left BBC1 on after Pointless Celebrities, and it was off within 4 seconds of me noticing Gary Barlow was singing on my TV.

I was working on my laptop and it was on the TV,  I did not react quick enough and it was on all the way through.  In my defence,  it was a car crash of epic proportions and if someone started watching it after 20 mins or so it would look like Gervais and Merchant had thought this up as an office follow up.  They have loads of "Big Guns" presenting it (The half alright bird off bake off and Graham Norton + half of Spandau Ballet + Barlow + D Minouge.  

The ingredients point to a half decent show on the face of it.  It is the worst programme I have seen for a long time.  Some of the "Hopefulls" had never even sung with a microphone before or in front of anyone but their Mom and it really did show.  Please watch some o it on YouTube or something as it crossed the line in that it looks and acts like a mok - documentary.  So shit it is funny.  They are only looking for 5 people,  there are about 8 through from the 1st round already.  Biggest boy band in the world coming up. 

4 hours ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

2/10

Saw a trailer at my dads. It angers me that my license fee pays for this kind of **** bilge. Utter bastard tripe. Take That suck big hairy dongs. This is why I don't watch TV live anymore, it's poo.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Although something's just happened that had me and my GF laughing all the way through the end credits, and I don't think it was meant to be funny!

What?

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

Saw a trailer at my dads. It angers me that my license fee pays for this kind of **** bilge. Utter bastard tripe. Take That suck big hairy dongs. This is why I don't watch TV live anymore, it's poo.

I think Spurs v Villa was the first time I have watched an actual TV station in about 3 months .

59 minutes ago, darrenm said:

What?

Spoiler

The one where Scott dies and (hello to) Jason Isaacs dumps him back in the cell.

Then they do those "movements" to bring him back to life.

I get the feeling that was meant to be an incredible moment but I found it honestly hilarious.

I've seen the episode after that now and it's gotten slightly less hilarious. But it's still very weird.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â