Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

Folski

Nearly finished s5 of Mad Men now. Episodes 11 and 12 are two of the best episodes of TV i've seen.

Absolutely flawless writing and just head and shoulders above most things.

It's comfortably among my favourite TV series ever and i'm going to be genuinely gutted when i've watched the last episode (we've been limiting ourselves to 2-3 episodes a week so as not to rush it).

• Like 1

On 3 January 2017 at 21:40, sharkyvilla said:

Just watched the Amanda Knox documentary on Netflix.  I'm never sure how biased these things are but it seems like a fairly simple acquittal considering all the press coverage there was over the whole thing.  Either way it sounds like the Italian police were incompetent and that English journalist was a stereotypical scumbag.

Just watched it, starting with her being interveiwed immediately made me sceptical but by the end of it I was fairly convinced by the outcome 

Spoiler

Blatantly rudy

The shortfall of the documentary was not slaughtering the journalist, he was almost a parody, not sure if in an attempt o come across as fair and unbiased they let him off a bit easy, same could be said for the lead cop

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Just watched it, starting with her being interveiwed immediately made me sceptical but by the end of it I was fairly convinced by the outcome 

Reveal hidden contents

Blatantly rudy

The shortfall of the documentary was not slaughtering the journalist, he was almost a parody, not sure if in an attempt o come across as fair and unbiased they let him off a bit easy, same could be said for the lead cop

Yeah it's entirely possible she's a complete psycho and like you found it hard to watch her being interviewed but at the end of the day seems irrelevant.  The journalist really reminded me of Barry Scott from the Cillit Bang adverts.

3 hours ago, slovenian said:

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is back :clap:

Yeah and they're just as edgy as ever, tackling the issues their own way.

I like that they're always trying to do something different, too.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

I'm on episode 4 of "the OA" new on Netflix. It's pretty wacky so far - not convinced but certainly interesting.

Definitely not run of the mill, freaky in places and just had a crazy psychedelic dream sequence.

Stop right there. 8 hours of my life wasted. What started out promising ends up smacking you round the face and laughing at you.

Awful.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, slovenian said:

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is back :clap:

I was really excited, for about 2 minutes. Why do so many American sitcoms feel like they have to tick the box of 'musical episode'? They're all just absolutely dreadful, IMO.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, stuart_75 said:

Stop right there. 8 hours of my life wasted. What started out promising ends up smacking you round the face and laughing at you.

Awful.

I was gonna say this but some people do apparently like the ending. So I thought it best to let them make their own mind up.

It's not actually bad. It's just that it could be a sketch on the Mitchell and Webb look. 'i will now protect everyone through the medium of...'

I'm watching the OA at the moment. 4 episodes in I think.

I think it's pretty good so far, although there's several things that have happened that are already really stupid.

I'm watching it with this trepidation, though, due to what you guys have said about the ending

Still getting through Westworld too. 8 episodes in now I think.

It's still incredibly underwhelming. If it wasn't for how highly rated it has been I'd have given up on it by now.

18 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I was really excited, for about 2 minutes. Why do so many American sitcoms feel like they have to tick the box of 'musical episode'? They're all just absolutely dreadful, IMO.

False.

Image result for the nightman cometh

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It's still incredibly underwhelming. If it wasn't for how highly rated it has been I'd have given up on it by now.

I wasn't blown away either but everyone seems to think it's amazing :unsure:

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Have you read any of the explanations about timelines? I admit to not really loving it until an 'aha moment' and then went back a re-watched everything again before the final episode. 

It's a completely different show once you understand a tiny bit about what they've done. It isn't really a spoiler just something which isn't clear until you know what to look for.

35 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Have you read any of the explanations about timelines? I admit to not really loving it until an 'aha moment' and then went back a re-watched everything again before the final episode. 

It's a completely different show once you understand a tiny bit about what they've done. It isn't really a spoiler just something which isn't clear until you know what to look for.

No I haven't. 

If a TV show requires me to read about it to explain it then I count that as a negative. 

I'm enjoying it, I'm just yet to see why it's so highly rated. 

37 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

No I haven't. 

If a TV show requires me to read about it to explain it then I count that as a negative. 

9 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

No I haven't. 

I understand that you'd count it as a negative but the clues are there I just wasn't quick enough to spot them! 

I'll put the main thing below that made it really enjoyable for me and it's up to you if you want to look. It's not really a spoiler almost more like reading notes you'd get for a book, but again it's your choice.

Spoiler

There are 3 timelines that get shown and it's not always clear when whats happening. The young guy who is falling in love with Dolores is also the man in black just 30 years later after he's been visiting the park for that long. You may have noticed that those 2 characters never appear in scenes together. Some of it takes place just when the park 1st opens (34 years earlier) a lot takes place 4 years later and the the man in black story (Ed Harris) is 34 years from the opening of the park. There are subtle clues such as the logo is different at the train station. Obviously the logo has been updated over the course of time.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â