Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

Folski

54 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm 4 episodes in to Westworld at the moment.

Gotta say, it's yet to grab me. Nothing's really happening.

but it is...seriously everything is happening right in front of you but its only the last 3/4 episodes that tells you the relevance of what its showing you, took me until episode 6 to really get in to it i think

the biggest twist in the whole series is revealed within the first 20 minutes if you know what you're looking for

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

we had some top tens and best ofs for games, films and music, what about TV? its a diluted market but theres some incredible tv, was thinking of splitting it in to best overall and best new but thinking about it its been a great year for new tv, so will split it in to best series and best limited series

best series - stranger things - i just bought in to and loved the whole thing, the look the feel the sound was all great

best limited - OJ simpson - the acting was incredible, not so much cuba gooding jr or travolta but the female lead and cochran were superb

OK, top 10, broken down into Drama and Comedy. 

Drama:

1. Game of Thrones
2. The Night Of
3. Stranger Things
4. Deutschland 83
5. Ash vs Evil Dead.

Comedy:

1, Atlanta
2. Silicone Valley
3. Catastrophe
4. Fleabag
5. Mum

1 minute ago, AVFCDAN said:

Gomorrah

The night of

Stranger Things

Westworld

Everything else.

Gomorrah is on the list of things still to watch. I'm looking forward to it very much. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm 4 episodes in to Westworld at the moment.

Gotta say, it's yet to grab me. Nothing's really happening.

I was exactly the same mate. The first 5 or 6 episodes were just about holding my attention but now, having finished it, I realise that I really need to watch it again, and will be doing so this week.

As a series it was brilliant, and I now realise that the relevance of those first episodes flew right over my head at the time. Stick with it for sure!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

OK, top 10, broken down into Drama and Comedy. 

Drama:

1. Game of Thrones
2. The Night Of
3. Stranger Things
4. Deutschland 83
5. Ash vs Evil Dead.

Comedy:

1, Atlanta
2. Silicone Valley
3. Catastrophe
4. Fleabag
5. Mum

erm... What?

Stranger Things, Westworld, The Night Of, Ash vs Evil Dead, Planet Earth II.

Honourable mention for Braindead.

The reactions to Westworld always interest me. I was absolutely hooked by the end of the second episode, I thought it was pretty clear at that point that all wasn't as it seemed, and had a few hunches already, two of which were right, one was way, way off base.

My anecdotal experiences so far suggest that the people not gripped in the first few episodes have absolutely no idea what's going on. Basically, if you're not enjoying it, I think you need to up your game. :P 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 3

Or the people gripped in the first few episodes are fan boy types who aren't used to seeing naked bodies and thus hooked

im not really sure why I even bothered seeing it through to the end tbh it was duller than an episode of eastenders 

Edited by tonyh29

5 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Or the people gripped in the first few episodes are fan boy types who aren't used to see naked bodies and thus hooked

im not really sure why I even bothered seeing it through to the end tbh it was duller than an episode of eastenders 

You surprise me ;-)

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

The reactions to Westworld always interest me. I was absolutely hooked by the end of the second episode, I thought it was pretty clear at that point that all wasn't as it seemed, and had a few hunches already, two of which were right, one was way, way off base.

My anecdotal experiences so far suggest that the people not gripped in the first few episodes have absolutely no idea what's going on. Basically, if you're not enjoying it, I think you need to up your game. :P 

Well obviously not all is as it seems. And I can guess the general direction it's going to take (or at least I think it's going to take).

It just seems that everything that's happened so far could have been done in one episode. 

I'm not saying it's bad. I wasn't hooked after 4 episodes of The Wire either and that's the greatest TV Show ever made. Just that if it wasn't for the rave reviews I'd have binned this off already.

And for the record, my missus REALLY isn't enjoying it. But that genuinely is because she has no idea what's going on :D

Edited by Stevo985

Rewatching It's Always Sunny from the beginning this last week. So many hilarious moments. I've been binging on it like crazy, I'm already on season four.

Just finished watching 'Who Pooped the Bed'. Absolute genius.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 3

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â