Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

Folski

Watched the pilot for 'The Man in the High Castle', looks like it's going to have a much more linear story than the book which is necessary I suppose.  Couldn't agree with some of the casting/acting but there's enough in it to keep me interested if it gets commissioned.  Really enjoyed the Nazi New York and Japanese San Francisco.

That Marco Polo is alright, I've been watching that lately. Once you get past the constant references to the main character, Kublai Khan being the Grandson of Ghenghis you'll be alright. If you haven't seen Vikings either that is definitely worth a watch.

I tried to download Twin peaks the other week.

After about 10 minutes of watching it I was extremely confused. "This can't be what people on VT like can it?!"

To be fair, that's exactly what I thought after the first couple of episodes, and I really was watching Twin Peaks. It's very weird.

That Marco Polo is alright, I've been watching that lately. Once you get past the constant references to the main character, Kublai Khan being the Grandson of Ghenghis you'll be alright. If you haven't seen Vikings either that is definitely worth a watch.

All opinions. I've watched a few and I think it's rubbish. Good amounts of gratuitous Asian nudity mind  B)

• Like 1

I found Generation War rather disappointing, can't quite put my finger on why. I'm a huge fan of anything WWII related, but this one just didn't do it for me.

Finished it up now.  I liked it, but as I'm coming from a position of relative ignorance I felt compelled to read some of the criticism of the show from people who were there at the time.  I can see why the Polish would be offended, it seems bizarre that the Polish resistance would be painted are more of an anti Jewish faction than the Germans were and it's an unusual choice that they barely touched the Holocaust. There was precious little screen time for Nazis either.  I guess going for young, naive and sympathetic protagonists the makers of the show really did go for the easy option.  I can see why a lot of people see it as a missed opportunity. 

My favourite TV film ever is Heimat, which covers Germany from about 1920 to 2000. Even that is a bit of a whitewash job. Very few actual Nazis, and even those portrayed as semi-joke characters. Otherwise, it's brilliant, highly recommended.

My favourite TV film ever is Heimat, which covers Germany from about 1920 to 2000. Even that is a bit of a whitewash job. Very few actual Nazis, and even those portrayed as semi-joke characters. Otherwise, it's brilliant, highly recommended.

I presume you've seen Das Boot? Again it doesn't address political issues but it's bloody fantastic.

The new series of Suits has started.  As legal shows go it's a bit daft in places, but I'm hooked. 

And somebody please tell me there's going to be a second series of Gomorrah?

I presume you've seen Das Boot? Again it doesn't address political issues but it's bloody fantastic.
Of course. Same criticism - all the crew are 'good guys', except for the one token Nazi prat. It's great though, I agree.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â