Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

Folski

I'm constantly surprised how good The Shield is. Halfway through the second season. Can't decide if I should root for Vic or not yet! He seems like the good guy but some of his actions have made him look like a monster! 

Hannibal is brilliant, I'm surprised just how much I'm enjoying it. I was always a Lecter film and book fan but this has taken it to a new level IMO. I'm on series 2 at the mo.

Series Two was better than the first in my opinion - it just gets better and better.

For me, Mads Mikkelsen (sp!) is now Hannibal Lecter - he is chillingly good!

On the 3rd series of Battlestar Galactica now and this season in particular is definitely up there with some of the best TV i've seen.

Absorbing stuff indeed.

Hmmm...I've been interested in watching this, might have to give it a go. 

On the 3rd series of Battlestar Galactica now and this season in particular is definitely up there with some of the best TV i've seen.

Absorbing stuff indeed.

Couple of mates of mine wax lyrical about it. It's on 'the list' to watch after The Shield (along with House of Cards, Breaking Bad and numerous others!)

It's my favorite show. I typically like shows with a strong story arc and BSG tops the lot in that area. How it's all tied together is extremely well done.

Dunno if it's the most obvious thing ever, but season 3 has a lot of parallels with the Iraqi invasion and obviously aired during that time, but the roles are reversed I guess you could say.

I personally thought season 4 was the most exhilarating ones, so you have lots to look forward to. That's when all the pieces are connected. The episode 'Someone to watch over me' gives me shivers just thinking about it.

• Like 1

Dunno if it's the most obvious thing ever, but season 3 has a lot of parallels with the Iraqi invasion and obviously aired during that time, but the roles are reversed I guess you could say.

You've cheated and read Conor's reviews earlier in the thread. :)

Fwiw, I like the new Battlestar. Made it through all of the series with no drag. I don't think it's the genius work that some do but I really enjoyed it (apart from that bloody 'frack' nonsense).

Edited by snowychap

Just seen that they're doing a series of Philip K. Dick's 'Man in the High Castle' which is an alternative history had the nazis won WWII, could be interesting, I think the pilot is already out.

You've cheated and read Conor's reviews earlier in the thread. :)

Fwiw, I like the new Battlestar. Made it through all of the series with no drag. I don't think it's the genius work that some do but I really enjoyed it (apart from that bloody 'frack' nonsense).

I watched a few videos on youtube with the creator talking about the religious and political aspect of the show. How and why and all that good stuff. Something for the especially interest, I suppose :)

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â