Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

Folski

The season 1-5 boxset is on Amazon for about £50. I'd say that's a pretty good deal.

That's a decent deal for a big fan of the show wanting to keep the collection for posterity. Not for someone who's still to watch it.
It would have pretty good resale value on ebay or elsewhere though

I just watched that Charlie Brooker thing, I didn't find it or funny or interesting at all. Seems people have been hypnotized into liking his act because he's put out there as a thinking man's entertainer.

Yeah that's it.

We've all been hypnotised into liking his show. He's brainwashed us so he can just read out the dictionary on TV and we'll all tune in and drool over him. ALL HAIL OUR BROOKER OVERLORD!!!

Or, you know, we might just have different taste than you.

One of the two anyway.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 2

Only got two episodes of The Wire left :(

I've quite enjoyed s5, it nearly lost me a couple of episodes in but its a testament to McNulty, Lester and Bunk that such a bizarre storyline just about stayed believable.

Spoilers contain very spoilery stuff so don't click unless you want to be spoiled/disappointed.

Seeing Poot in the shoe store was odd. Omar getting done the way he did was believable and if it all ends with Marlo the way I think it will then it makes the s2 ending even more poignant, 'nothing ever changes'. Which is why the wire is so good, it doesn't fall victim to clichéd endings or go the way you want it, its as real as a TV show can be. For all the good guys work, omar trying to avenge his friends and whatnot, the bad guys can win and the status quo will always be, just maybe under a different name or face.

Edited by Ingram85

I just watched that Charlie Brooker thing, I didn't find it or funny or interesting at all. Seems people have been hypnotized into liking his act because he's put out there as a thinking man's entertainer.

Yeah that's it.

We've all been hypnotised into liking his show. He's brainwashed us so he can just read out the dictionary on TV and we'll all tune in and drool over him. ALL HAIL OUR BROOKER OVERLORD!!!

Or, you know, we might just have different taste than you.

One of the two anyway.

I'm just trying to rationalize why he seems to be so revered, sometimes it does happen that people/things do get more acclaim than they perhaps deserve (do they ?).

If people can take enjoyment from what he does, then all the best to them.

I'm just trying to rationalize why he seems to be so revered, sometimes it does happen that people/things do get more acclaim than they perhaps deserve (do they ?).

If people can take enjoyment from what he does, then all the best to them.

I think he's a bit like Stewart Lee in a way. I think he's got a clear personal viewpoint on things and that this comes through in what he does. I guess if you happen to share some of his views, then the stuff he does will give you that warm feeling - like he's written and performed this for you, specifically, almost.

For example if you hate soaps, and he takes the mick out of stupid soap scripts, or something, then it's exactly what you kind of want to hear someone say.

Also as with Stewart Lee he's clearly a clever bloke and not afraid to push at the boundaries of what is funny, or fair subject matter. He doesn't pull his punches. He also kind of builds a narrative like Lee does, and embeds the punchline somewhere to be found later.

I don't get those black mirror things he wrote, though.

Oh and I really like the Philomena Cunk things that he has on. Comedy genius some of them.

Is it OK to have a bit of a crush on Philomena Cunk? I don't mean Diane Morgan the actress who plays her (although I do fancy her obviously), I mean the character.

Edited by dAVe80
  • Like 2

I've got nothing against him as a person, seems like a real good guy actually. I'm just don't like the Screenwipe stuff because I feel as if the angry man having a rant routine is played out and boring. I think he's better when he's a guest on other people's shows and isn't following a script, just being himself.

"And ever growing sense of dread" keeps repeating in my head. The song is on YouTube already, great stuff...

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XTU-7aLmhlo

Didn't see you'd already posted this. I'm so glad somebody uploaded this, my sister talked most of the way through it (and the rest of the programme), informing us of every comment her friends made on some subject. "Rachel said blah blah blah blah, then Sophie said blah blah blah blah" and repeat. Who cares? Really, who cares?. Her group of friends are about 8 years younger than her and they kind of see her like a mother figure, it's all very weird.

"And ever growing sense of dread" keeps repeating in my head. The song is on YouTube already, great stuff...

Didn't see you'd already posted this. I'm so glad somebody uploaded this, my sister talked most of the way through it (and the rest of the programme), informing us of every comment her friends made on some subject. "Rachel said blah blah blah blah, then Sophie said blah blah blah blah" and repeat. Who cares? Really, who cares?. Her group of friends are about 8 years younger than her and they kind of see her like a mother figure, it's all very weird.

Pics of GTFO... Wait your sister is older than 23, right?  :ph34r:

Pics of GTFO... Wait your sister is older than 23, right?  :ph34r:

Believe me you don't want pictures.

• Like 1

I've got nothing against him as a person, seems like a real good guy actually. I'm just don't like the Screenwipe stuff because I feel as if the angry man having a rant routine is played out and boring. I think he's better when he's a guest on other people's shows and isn't following a script, just being himself.

...he's primarily a writer. If he follows a script it's because he's written it, so he is being himself.

• Like 1

We couldn't get through the first episode of The Wire. Too slow, nothing interesting was happening and it wasn't gripping us at all.

189.gif

:P

My advice is stick with it.. you get rewarded in the end. Took me a few episodes to get into it and season 2 wasn't the strongest but seasons 3-5 are some of the best TV you'll ever watch. It all comes together and you'll be thankful you put the time in. I've watched all 5 seasons in the last 8 weeks and was sad when it finished!

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â