Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

Folski

Just started The Newsroom series 1.

What a terrific first episode.100 mile an hour dialogue but I expect nothing less from Aaron Sorkin. Jeff Daniels knocks every scene out of the park.

Think I'm gonna like it.

I really enjoyed that series. The pilot was my favourite episode though.
  • Like 1

Revolution series 2 seems to have disappeared from my Sky Plus schedule

Has it ended mid-series ?

Mid season break, lots of American shows are on it, pissing me right off
Yeah I always wait for the whole series to record before I watch anything like this... Draw back is when you have lots of them together and fill the disk up

I'll watch John Adam while I wait for revolution to resume and finish ..

Just started The Newsroom series 1.

What a terrific first episode.100 mile an hour dialogue but I expect nothing less from Aaron Sorkin. Jeff Daniels knocks every scene out of the park.

Think I'm gonna like it.

I really enjoyed that series. The pilot was my favourite episode though.

Just finished episode 4. Where it ends with a 10 minute breaking news scene with Coldplays Fix You playing.

Never thought a Newsroom would get me so emotional!

Powerful stuff.

Watched Hinterland last night, don't know if it was on across all BBC, probs not but it's on i player.

Thought it was very good, slow moody pace, dark tale of murder set in an Aberystwyth Children's home, so you know, lightweight knockabout stuff. Filmed in that fashionable scandanavian style even down to being bi lingual and having sub titles in places.

and 

Not my usual thing but actually kept a decent sense of suspense for something that had to be set up and solved in 90 minutes. I'll look out for the next one (there are four).

Thought it it looked ok, but the writing was weak, the main detective was on screen 90% of the time and had no character development whatsoever. And the actual investigation seemed to involve looking into rumour and conjecture rather than evidence. The acting of some of the peripheral characters was dire.

Also I live in the area (and I know this means nothing to the quality of the program) but they kept turning left down a road that was a dead end and driving off, and it was driving my mild OCD mental.

Not to mention all the shots of them driving along he Old Welsh Mountain Road which runs from Rhayader to Devil's Bridge, ok its one of the most scenic roads in Britain but its in the wrong bleeding direction!

Revolution series 2 seems to have disappeared from my Sky Plus schedule

Has it ended mid-series ?

Back on wednesday 8th, I think.

Edit: That's for the US - I don't know how long it takes to get to Sky.

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 1

Watched Hinterland last night,

I'll look out for the next one (there are four).

Watched it on Iplayer and enjoyed it too. The next one is on 9pm Monday 13th January BBC Wales

Without giving anything away was Sherlock any good last night?

Definitely worth a watch, on I player. 

I've it on sky plus, people called just as I was sitting down to watch it so couldn't but I thought it looked a bit poor so I was thinking was it going to be worth my while watching at all at all.

I really enjoyed Sherlock last night. The cases weren't as good as other episodes, but the awkward 'bromance' between Sherlock and Watson was the best it's ever been last night. Very funny.

Edited by Ginko

I'm not sure how I feel about last night's Sherlock, it made me laugh a lot but I wanted to see more case work.

I think everything's been set up for quite an action packed third episode though.

tumblr_myy6nqhpdS1qd04lco4_500.gif

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â