Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

Folski

Did anyone see the dolphin documentary on BBC last night? It was absolutely brilliant. Nature documentaries have become a bit same-old-same-old recently and I thought this would be another one of them but it wasn't. It had so much new stuff. New information, never-before-filmed things like the megapod. Thoroughly enjoyable and who knew Spinners were more interesting than Bottle-nosed dolphins but they are! :)

Part 2 is on next Thursday where they cover the mightiest dolphin in the sea, the killer whale. Can't wait :) I highly recommend watching part 1 on iPlayer if you missed it though.

It's part of a series .. Week 1 was polar bears ... I've recorded them to watch with the kiddies at some point

No this is a 2 part series on dolphins called spy in the pod. Part one on again later today on BBC1.

Sorry , I want clear...

The other ones were called spy on the ice (polar Bears) and spy in the huddle (penguins)

By series I mean they have made a series of "spy on" documentaries

The penguin one made up my mind that I'm not coming back in the next life as a penguin ...

Watched Hinterland last night, don't know if it was on across all BBC, probs not but it's on i player.

Thought it was very good, slow moody pace, dark tale of murder set in an Aberystwyth Children's home, so you know, lightweight knockabout stuff. Filmed in that fashionable scandanavian style even down to being bi lingual and having sub titles in places.

Not my usual thing but actually kept a decent sense of suspense for something that had to be set up and solved in 90 minutes. I'll look out for the next one (there are four).

Just watched Sherlock… can anyone return that lost hour and a half of my life please.

Glad I'm not the only one. Kind of. It was disappointing, nothing more. Though I guess you were overreacting a little for effect.

Not really, considering the actual cost of each episode it was a complete waste of an episode. Would much rather have had the explanation in 10 mins and bang, normal service resumed

Watched Hinterland last night, don't know if it was on across all BBC, probs not but it's on i player.

Thought it was very good, slow moody pace, dark tale of murder set in an Aberystwyth Children's home, so you know, lightweight knockabout stuff. Filmed in that fashionable scandanavian style even down to being bi lingual and having sub titles in places.

Not my usual thing but actually kept a decent sense of suspense for something that had to be set up and solved in 90 minutes. I'll look out for the next one (there are four).

Its next up in my schedule after the Bridge S 2 ep 2. Saga returns YAY!

Just watched Sherlock… can anyone return that lost hour and a half of my life please.

Glad I'm not the only one. Kind of. It was disappointing, nothing more. Though I guess you were overreacting a little for effect.
Not really, considering the actual cost of each episode it was a complete waste of an episode. Would much rather have had the explanation in 10 mins and bang, normal service resumed

I see what you mean. In fact the entire episode could have been condensed into 30 minutes. It felt bloated and stretched and it just didn't, sparkle.

As I said a few pages ago, it was way too Doctor Who.

• Like 1

and 

Thought it it looked ok, but the writing was weak, the main detective was on screen 90% of the time and had no character development whatsoever. And the actual investigation seemed to involve looking into rumour and conjecture rather than evidence. The acting of some of the peripheral characters was dire.

Also I live in the area (and I know this means nothing to the quality of the program) but they kept turning left down a road that was a dead end and driving off, and it was driving my mild OCD mental.

Living local is a curse - there's a film called Submarine, by Richard Ayoade that was filmed very local to me. Just about every shot was somewhere I played as a kid, but they would walk out of a door and onto a park or a beach that were 2 miles apart. That's part of the art of filming, I know, but for me it made watching it really tricky.

As for Hinterland, I thought it left plenty of clumsy clues to a back story for the main man to be fleshed out later. I also thought it did well to include spaces in it, a nice change from everything currently churned out by Welsh TV (Casualty, Sherlock, Who which don't allow 5 seconds of downtime). It wasn't Breaking Bad, but it was very watchable (for me).

Living local is a curse - there's a film called Submarine, by Richard Ayoade that was filmed very local to me. Just about every shot was somewhere I played as a kid, but they would walk out of a door and onto a park or a beach that were 2 miles apart. That's part of the art of filming, I know, but for me it made watching it really tricky.

As for Hinterland, I thought it left plenty of clumsy clues to a back story for the main man to be fleshed out later. I also thought it did well to include spaces in it, a nice change from everything currently churned out by Welsh TV (Casualty, Sherlock, Who which don't allow 5 seconds of downtime). It wasn't Breaking Bad, but it was very watchable (for me).

I'm only 12 minutes into it and I already know they weren't driving from Aberystwyth to Devil's Bridge in the car and when they arrived at the Devil's Bridge Hotel (which incidentally was never a children's home in that time period) they arrive from the wrong direction. That kinda thing bugs me, especially as I haven't been there for at least 5 years but I did spend the odd weekend in Ysbyty Ystwyth with family as a kid so the roads are kinda ingrained in me. Bah! I shall continue though….

Edit: In fact moments later they give that away as a road sign is in shot pointing in the correct direction :D

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â