Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

Folski

Looking for a new comedy show around 20-30min long. Preferably without a laugh track.

Seen: Curb, Sunny in P, Arrested Dev, Party Down, Parks and Rec, New Girl, Workaholics, The League.

Maybe time for some British series? Any tips?

Not British, but Community is excellent.

I'm pretty sure the voice over guy said before the show that we'd find out...

...how Sherlock survived his suicidal jump off the building, but we didn't! I feel somewhat cheated.

Aside from that the episode was enjoyable enough. I like that he's the arrogant sociopath with a god complex like he is in the books.

I assumed that the final "explanation" - after all the 'fan' ones - was the correct one? Dived onto the inflatable mattress, got the cyclist to knock over Watson to buy time,  acted dead, switched the corpse with the lookalike from his mate's morgue. You think not?

I thought that too and it's certainly the most likely one, but wasn't that the one that he explained to Anderson (the fan club chairman) to which Anderson then figured out he must be fibbing because he'd never tell the truth to him of all people? I assumed Sherlock was just toying with him for a laugh and it was just another fictitious explanation.

Also, Archer and Community are great shouts for a new comedy show 20-30 minutes long with no laughter track. Both can be found online to stream easily enough.

I'm pretty sure the voice over guy said before the show that we'd find out...

...how Sherlock survived his suicidal jump off the building, but we didn't! I feel somewhat cheated.

Aside from that the episode was enjoyable enough. I like that he's the arrogant sociopath with a god complex like he is in the books.

I assumed that the final "explanation" - after all the 'fan' ones - was the correct one? Dived onto the inflatable mattress, got the cyclist to knock over Watson to buy time,  acted dead, switched the corpse with the lookalike from his mate's morgue. You think not?

I thought that too and it's certainly the most likely one, but wasn't that the one that he explained to Anderson (the fan club chairman) to which Anderson then figured out he must be fibbing because he'd never tell the truth to him of all people? I assumed Sherlock was just toying with him for a laugh and it was just another fictitious explanation.

Double bluff, I reckon. It doesn't really matter - half the fun of it is that this sort of speculation ensues, which I'm sure is what Gatiss and Moffatt intended. 

Yeah, you're probably right to be fair. It'd be more fun for Sherlock if he told him the truth but knew that he'd question it and never know if it really was what happened, a bit like what Gatiss is doing to the audience.

It was a nice touch that Sherlock's parents were played by Wanda Ventham and Timothy Carlton, i.e. Cumberbatch's mum and dad.

Edited by Ginko

Yeah, you're probably right to be fair. It'd be more fun for Sherlock if he told him the truth but knew that he'd question it and never know if it really was what happened, a bit like what Gatiss is doing to the audience.

Haha I need to watch it again as I interpreted that bit as 

Anderson had gone mad what with the laughing and the ripping the things off the wall and the whole of that Sherlock explanation was another imagining of Anderson's, that or Sherlock did the 'Batman exit'.

I know Sherlock was there telling him he worked out Anderson had set up the Jack the Ripper crime scene but Anderson would know that as he did it and the telling off could have been a symptom of Anderson's guilt?

Haha I need to watch it again as I interpreted that bit as 

Anderson had gone mad what with the laughing and the ripping the things off the wall and the whole of that Sherlock explanation was another imagining of Anderson's, that or Sherlock did the 'Batman exit'.

I know Sherlock was there telling him he worked out Anderson had set up the Jack the Ripper crime scene but Anderson would know that as he did it and the telling off could have been a symptom of Anderson's guilt?

Could be, could be. Didn't know that about Cumberbatch's parents BTW! 

I read an article online asking Cumberbatch about what it was like having his real parents playing Sherlock's parents and he touched on 'the explanation' of the cliffhanger from last season and said that it was explained really well, so I assume the Anderson explanation is the real one and he wasn't going crazy.

Who knows though? Well, Gatiss does I suppose.

I thought the explanation was a bit "meh" too. There were too many variables to consider, my mind can't comprehend a sociopath like Sherlock entrusting such an elaborate plot. So many people. It felt like a cop out to me. 

It was a bit too "Doctor Who". 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

I think we've hit the Pulp Fiction what's in the suit case dilemma, if we knew we would ultimately be disappointed. So they played around a bit. Of corse it might have been the right answer, we probably will never know.

Documentary on the Terracotta Army was on ch 4 the other night

Pretty interesting , hope I'm alive when they finally open Qin's tomb ... It's gonna make Tutankhamen's tomb look like a paupers grave .... Isn't it ?

going OT...

i didnt like it when i was there, not sure if cos i'm younger and didnt get the buzz when it was discovered, its top 5 on my dads bucket list, but when you go through the door and someone says they've never found a complete one, only smashed ones, not sure why it surprised and disappointed me so much! guess id never really thought about it, i just assumed they were still whole and they were excavating round them!

Posted Image

wasnt expecting them to be out the back with the plaster of paris putting them back together

Posted Image

Sorry only just noticed this post

I went there in 2000 so wasn't so well known as it is now ... I was met by looks of surprise / disappointment when I told people it was all smashed to pieces , I think as you say people thought it was just sitting there intact

But tbf they have done similar with lots of archeological finds around the world over the years and deep down I guess I'd rather see it restored using as much original material as they can than visit a scene of wrecked clay

Was amazing to think when I went in 2000 with Mrs H , we were pretty much the only people there that day , watch that TV show and now it gets thousands of people a day

Dan the Man

Just a plug for a prog coming up centred around a bit of a friend of mine.

He goes to the occassional gig and has got me backstage at a couple of things a couple of times.

I don't share the whole 'Kiss' thing, but I do know he's totally ok.

PQ17 documentary on BBC1 with Clarkson

Fascinating program and I have a new person to add to my "Hero" list

Leo Gradwell ... Exceptional courage and such modesty

I saw this because it was on between 2 programmes I wanted to watch. It was really interesting. Two things boiled my piss about the whole thing though. The dickhead who made the disastrous call that killed all those men is now a 'Sir' whereas Leo Gradwell 'only' got a DSC for his actions and would have got the higher award were it not for him disobeying orders. The very orders that the 'Sir' killed everyone else with. Made no **** sense.
  • Like 1

watched season 1 of Banshee thought it was quite enjoyable and random with the Natvie American and Amish people in it, teh main bad guy was a bit weak but rest was good.

started watchng The Following and its a bit dull so far, James Purefoy is good but rest of it is just not that interesting so far, granted only 5 episodes in

Did anyone see the dolphin documentary on BBC last night? It was absolutely brilliant. Nature documentaries have become a bit same-old-same-old recently and I thought this would be another one of them but it wasn't. It had so much new stuff. New information, never-before-filmed things like the megapod. Thoroughly enjoyable and who knew Spinners were more interesting than Bottle-nosed dolphins but they are! :)

Part 2 is on next Thursday where they cover the mightiest dolphin in the sea, the killer whale. Can't wait :) I highly recommend watching part 1 on iPlayer if you missed it though.

watched season 1 of Banshee thought it was quite enjoyable and random with the Natvie American and Amish people in it, teh main bad guy was a bit weak but rest was good.

started watchng The Following and its a bit dull so far, James Purefoy is good but rest of it is just not that interesting so far, granted only 5 episodes in

timed the right, i think both have the 2nd series starting by the end of jan

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â