Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

Folski

My Favourite Christmas special of all time :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmkeAlut7KI

Father Dougal reads a Shoot annual and I think he's older than 28 Jimzk.

There's a big fear of a scandal being created from Priests being found in a Lingerie section but not from leaving a dirty old Priest in a Children's Playpen...and teaching them how to swear :D (Although it was Dougal who left him there)

Can you explain how Jeopardy! works please, why do they seem to have written questions instead of answers?

It's probably something really simple and you only need to watch it once, right. I'm always surprised when people say they don't understand how Pointless works after watching once, though.

I wouldn't be good on that, even without knowing what you do. My handwriting is AWFUL.

It as my understanding (though I've seen very little Jeopardy!) that they give you clues and you phrase your answer in the form of a question.

They have a board up with different subjects and a few tiles for each, each worth different amounts of money depending on their difficulty. So an example of a clue might be something like... choosing a movie related tile and the clue being:

"Considered the greatest method actor of his time. He'll make you an offer you can't refuse."

To which the contestant would give their answer in the form of a question: "Who is Marlon Brando?"

That's not a very good example, but that's pretty much how it's gone whenever I've seen it.

EDIT - Also, big congratulations to NibblyPig.

Edited by Ginko

O i c. So where does the Jeopardy! come in to it? They all got guns pointed at their heads? It is in America after all. Can I watch an episode on YouTube? Ima go see, catch ya'll laterz (this is my American impression)

Ginko has it.

wiki

The first two rounds are spoken answer, then question. The final round is the photo I posted:

Once the Double Jeopardy! round is concluded, the Final Jeopardy! category is announced by the host, and a commercial break follows. During the break, barriers are placed to separate each of the contestant lecterns from one another, and each contestant is asked to make one final wager (between $0 and their total score), writing it down on the electronic display using the light pen. After the final commercial break, the Final Jeopardy! clue is revealed and read by the host. The contestants are given a time limit of thirty seconds to write their responses, again phrased in the form of a question. During the time in which the contestants write their responses, the iconic "Think!" music plays in the background. Contestants who provide the correct response are awarded the values of their respective wagers. Contestants who fail to provide the correct response, or to phrase their response in the form of a question (even if the response itself is correct), have that amount subtracted from their total scores.

O i c. So where does the Jeopardy! come in to it? They all got guns pointed at their heads? It is in America after all. Can I watch an episode on YouTube? Ima go see, catch ya'll laterz (this is my American impression)

It was going to be called "What's the Question?", but the creator, Merv Griffin (who's reportedly made $70 million off the publishing rights for the theme song alone) was told by NBC execs that the show needed more jeopardies.

At any point, if you answer a question wrong, you lose the value of the question (and can have a negative score).

It as my understanding (though I've seen very little Jeopardy!) that they give you clues and you phrase your answer in the form of a question.

They have a board up with different subjects and a few tiles for each, each worth different amounts of money depending on their difficulty. So an example of a clue might be something like... choosing a movie related tile and the clue being:

"Considered the greatest method actor of his time. He'll make you an offer you can't refuse."

To which the contestant would give their answer in the form of a question: "Who is Marlon Brando?"

That's rubbish - it's just a straight question and answer quiz, with some unnecessary noise words. Adds nothing to the format. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â