Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

Folski

BSG.

Still enjoying it, but there's various bits that annoy me. Nothing important.

I'll spoiler it but it's very minor

The press conferences that the president has on her ship. Something about them just seem so weird. Like it's all fake (obviously it's fake, it's a show. But I mean within the context of the show).

And everyone has press passes and that sort of thing. I just find it really strange.

It was the same with the independent investigation thing about the water tank explosion. Who were those people on the panel? How was it suddenly so official, like they do that sort of thing every day.

As I said, it doesn't matter, but those bits annoyed me for some reason

I also don't like StarBuck. But I think that stems from her 24 days, where she was a **** pain in the arse

They're trying to continue with life and democracy and civilian government, even in the face of apocalypse. You've to remember she's some education secretary who was 255th in line of succession to office of president.

I say no more because everything in BSG is relevant. It's one story arc show. There is lots of character development and events.

Remember the word Pegasus. It's not a spoiler. But when you know what I'm talking about that's where the show becomes brilliant.

Edited by CVByrne

Haha! I'm doing about 2 episodes a night.

I've got loads of time to kill on Saturday so I'll power through a load then.

And I get what you've said up there. It's not the fact that

they have those things that annoy me. It's just the way they happen. I just find it weird. As I said it just looks very "staged".

But I get that the whole thing is them carrying on as normal and, as a result, it's turning into a microcosm of the world. The politics, the military, the press, the legal system, the religion etc. Even the ships themselves are basically like their own countries.

It's not important, as I said. Doesn't affect the show. Just a random observation.

On a more positive spin, the Baltar/Cylon angle intrigues me no end. At first I was sure she was just in his head. Now I'm not so sure!

Haha! I'm doing about 2 episodes a night.

I've got loads of time to kill on Saturday so I'll power through a load then.

And I get what you've said up there. It's not the fact that

they have those things that annoy me. It's just the way they happen. I just find it weird. As I said it just looks very "staged".

But I get that the whole thing is them carrying on as normal and, as a result, it's turning into a microcosm of the world. The politics, the military, the press, the legal system, the religion etc. Even the ships themselves are basically like their own countries.

It's not important, as I said. Doesn't affect the show. Just a random observation.

On a more positive spin, the Baltar/Cylon angle intrigues me no end. At first I was sure she was just in his head. Now I'm not so sure!

The climax to Season 1 is very interesting actually. You reminded me about the final few episodes. I think you will enjoy it.

As for Baltar, well he's my favourite TV character ever. Unlike Lost everything has its purpose from even the very first episodes.

One thing that'll shine through is that BSG is not like other shows. Don't expect happy endings. It's a crippling and relentlessly dark show, don't be expecting characters to be changing for the better.

It becomes very different to what you'll initially think the show is headed.

Oh and you know the survivor count that starts each episode. That's the most depressing thing about the show. The ever decreasing number.

What episode are you on. Episode 4 is the response of the writing team to Syfy telling them to have a happy episode. Like a birthday or something.

While episode 6 is the first taste of the Bush Era America that this show is an allegory of.

Can't remember what episode 4 was. Happy?

Starbuck getting lost and then found again?

The episode I've just seen is

where they've caught a cylon and Starbuck is questioning and torturing him.

Which reminds me. Right when he's about to die the cylon whispers somethign to the president. "**** is a cylon"

I rewound it over and over and for the life of me couldn't hear the name he said. Was I supposed to?

So episode 6 or 7 probably

Remember I've seen all this before. Although having watched the first few I realise I don't think I watched every episode. And I certainly watched it more casually.

Edited by Stevo985

Yeah that's where so many people made the mistake, watching casually when this is not the show for that. It requires full attention, though after each episode and also a 2nd watch of the entire show throws up so much more.

They have a party in the flight deck for a pilots 100th sortie and a missile goes off and kills them all. So Starbuck has to start training new pilots.

Syfy text Moore and said. "We get it." :D

First the suicide bomber on galactica, that is Al Qaeda and the idea that the enemy is among us and we can't see them. Then of course the torturing of the prisoner. He doesn't deserve the same treatment as a human would because he's the enemy. This is Guantanamo treatment of terrorists. Or suspected terrorists.

The first of many interesting links between BSG and Bush America.

You've watched as far as episode 8

That episode is very interesting for the conversation between Starbuck and Leoben the Cylon. Its where we find out that Cylons are monotheists, they believe in a single God while Humans are polytheists and believe in multiple Gods.

Religion is an important and strong theme in BSG

I'm going to disagree with CVByrne. 

I thought S1 & S2 were the best of BSG, after that it had too much of Roslin's mumbo-jumbo and Baltar's character wasn't as good. 

Baltar was fantastic in S1 & S2.

Also, Stevo not liking all the press-passes and journalists.

I think it was because one of the surviving ships was a ship full of journalists, who now have nothing else to do, and no other skills. 

Edited by ender4

What are peoples views on Supernatural? It's always interested me but I've never actually watched it properly.

I've been tempted to watch Supernatural as well, but i can't find anyone who has watched it and can give an opinion good or bad.

If anyone has watched it, please let us know what you think.

What are peoples views on Supernatural? It's always interested me but I've never actually watched it properly.

I've been tempted to watch Supernatural as well, but i can't find anyone who has watched it and can give an opinion good or bad.

If anyone has watched it, please let us know what you think.

I agree I loved the first couple of series of BSG, then I became bored and only just bothered to keep up with it.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â