Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

Folski

Sherlock is fantastic, Luther less so imo. I'm yet to be convinced by Idris Elba in anything other than the Wire.

Although to be fair, Luther has Ruth Wilson in it, which is always a bonus.  :wub:

Edited by Designer1

I...and just finished off the second season of The Wire (even better than the first season imo)

Absolutely superb TV all round.

Well I'm shocked by that because series 2 is the least liked series by pretty much everyone, where series 1 along with series 4 the highest rated. Edited by Oaks

I...and just finished off the second season of The Wire (even better than the first season imo)

Well I'm shocked by that because series 2 is the least liked series by pretty much everyone, where series 1 along with series 4 the highest rated.

I liked series 2 too, think until the 5th it gets better every series

• Like 2

I have watched The Wire quite a few times now, I've only watched series 2 once.

Saying you like it is one thing, but better than series 1? It's clear it didn't air well, they essentially went back to series 1 story in series 3.

Edited by Oaks

Well I'm shocked by that because series 2 is the least liked series by pretty much everyone, where series 1 along with series 4 the highest rated.

I wasn't a fan of series two after the pace of the first. Three is better in retrospect and four is far and away the best stand alone TV series ever made. 

You know, series five deserves more credit than it receives. It's ballsy

I wasn't a fan of series two after the pace of the first. Three is better in retrospect and four is far and away the best stand alone TV series ever made. 

You know, series five deserves more credit than it receives. It's ballsy

I've always been a 1-4-3-5-2 man myself, there are parts in 5 I don't think particularly worked well.

Season 2 improves on a second viewing. It's really good. i think the first time you watch it through you're fooled into not liking it because it's suddenly not all about the drug war and it's about this seemingly dull subject of the ports.

But second time round when you don't care about that it seems much better. At least that's how I saw it.

If I had to rate the seasons I'd go

4-1-3-2-5

As DDID says, Season 4 is out there in a league of it's own. Utterly superb.

Season 5 is weakest, imo. But it's still fantastic television and better than 90% of anything else you'll see.

I have watched The Wire quite a few times now, I've only watched series 2 once.

Saying you like it is one thing, but better than series 1? It's clear it didn't air well, they essentially went back to series 1 story in series 3.

I have no doubt that how well season 2 aired had pretty much nothing to do with subsequent storylines.

It's not one of those shows.

I stand by my opinion.

I enjoyed season 2 because I had a larger investment in the characters due to the brilliance of season 1, I also found myself fully immersed in the Sobotko family story line which was superbly written drama.

Looking forward to season 3.  :thumb:

Decided to acquire "The Thick Of It" as everyone is raving about it.

Also grabbed "Green Wing" as it was one of my fave comedies, the missus will enjoy it :)

• Like 1

BSG Miniseries is inbound. Conor will be pleased ;)

3 episodes in to the first season. Decent enough.

Some of the acting is as cheesy as I remember, but I'm enjoying it.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â