Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

Folski

CED wait till the first half of season 3. Remember what time this aired. During the dirty part of the Iraq occupation, after the country was conquered.

Best tv I've ever seen that first half of season 3.

I watched the whole of series one of BSG and it never really did anything for me (apart from the smoking hot blonde and Asian bird). Just seemed like a cheaply made Sci-Fi show and I'm not really into Sci-fi. I might give season 2 a go...

BSG is a 4 season show, and it's one story arc. Seasons 3 and 4 are the best. Watching just series 1 is akin to watching the first 40 mins of Lord of the Rings and saying you don't like it. 

My mate is not a scifi fan but I made him watch it. It's his 2nd fav show (after the Wire) which is a result for a non sci fi fan. 

It's just great TV. 

The major problem I have with American TV is that they absolutely flog the guts out of it. 

The X Files was excellent for the first 4 series and then went to shit. 

Buffy the Vampire Slayer should have ended after season 4 (do I mean 4? The one where she fights the god?)

Lost went on too long hence the shocking ending. 

The Office USA was never good but ten (10?!) **** seasons? 

Ditto for 30 Rock 

I could go on but they have no concept on when to end it there and leave well alone. Its all driven by $ and IMO the creativity suffers terribly. 

And I often argue that the problem with British shows is that they don't push themselves enough creatively and do too few episodes. 

The IT crowd only had 24 episodes over 4 years.

The inbetweeners only had 18 episodes over 3 years.

I'd personally rather have them spit out too many episodes with a few misses than not enough episodes.

British comedy is top notch but all the other shows are awful. I've watched so many of them and liked none.

I actually laugh when there is a lot of British people on screen acting. It makes no rational sense, but it still happens.

I can't even get close to investing in a show. I just expect British TV to be a comedy. I even find attempts to build excitement for a British show amusing. Dr Who is like a parody, the talking about it and ads and interviews with cast etc. Somehow I think it's like a spinal tap spoof.

Makes no rational sense. None what so ever.

Oh yes, lots of adults watch it. I've seen a few of the recent ones, usually at Xmas. It's mind boggling, frankly, I'm sure only the smartest of kids would be able to keep up with it. I've never really enjoyed it much, although I do love Sci fi

What annoys me about British shows like that is I always think they try and do too much with special effects, so that it ends up looking shit.

Remember that show on ITV where they hunted dinosaurs or something. Primeval maybe?

I've never really seen much of it so can't comment on whether it was good. but the special effects looked crap. Like they've stretched the budget too far.

I always feel shows like that would benefit from reigning it in a little bit.

I've tried to like it but I find Doctor Who awful.

There was a programme on BBC4 last night about Stalin fighting the Nazis called World War Two: 1941 and the Man of Steel. It was on too late for me, did anyone watch it?

But The Inbetweeners hit it's peak in the first 6 episodes.

By series 2 it was already going downhill.

Speaking of which, a sequel to the Inbetweeners Movie has been confirmed for next summer.

The major problem I have with American TV is that they absolutely flog the guts out of it. 

The X Files was excellent for the first 4 series and then went to shit. 

Buffy the Vampire Slayer should have ended after season 4 (do I mean 4? The one where she fights the god?)

Lost went on too long hence the shocking ending. 

The Office USA was never good but ten (10?!) **** seasons? 

Ditto for 30 Rock 

I could go on but they have no concept on when to end it there and leave well alone. Its all driven by $ and IMO the creativity suffers terribly. 

And I often argue that the problem with British shows is that they don't push themselves enough creatively and do too few episodes. 

The IT crowd only had 24 episodes over 4 years.

The inbetweeners only had 18 episodes over 3 years.

I'd personally rather have them spit out too many episodes with a few misses than not enough episodes.

Isnt that why they are so good. Look at Fawlty Towers they only made 12 episodes I think and they are classics. Better to put all the quality into limited number of episodes for me

• Like 1

I've been pretty spoilt with my viewing pleasure the last couple of weeks. 

Watched the first 8 episodes of the final season of Breaking Bad and just finished off the second season of The Wire (even better than the first season imo)

Absolutely superb TV all round.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â