Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

I remember when Catfish aired first and there were discussions as to its authenticity. The conclusion seemed to be that it was definitely a true story but that they re-filmed some of the earlier bits in order to turn it into a full programme. So for example they had stuff like the real texts and emails, but earlier on in the story IRL before they realised what they had on their hands, they maybe didn't film some of the original reactions etc. But that it is not a fabrication.

My word, they've upped the pace a tad haven't they?

Yarp :clap:

It's worked though hasn't it? They spent so much time in the second series developing the characters that now the pace has upped and the threats are regular you actually give a shit who lives or dies.

I think it has worked but then the speed of the second series didn't really bother me either. It might have bothered me had it gone on longer than it did, but I think they even judged the length of the slowdown correctly. I think the poo and the fan are about to be acquainted soon. I can't see us being able to stop and catch our breath now for a while :D

Tyra OTOH. Smokin'.

Hell yeah. Much prefer her to Lyla, she has such an annoying voice.

I've pretty much been off uni all week apart from 6 hours so all I've done is watch it. On season 4 already which is incredibly bad.

God knows what they are doing to the Walking Dead, bloody woeful and boring oooo look there is some good zombie makeup though. Very very poor, surprised its been reviewed for a 4th season. The acting apart from the obvious is also painfully bad.

House of Cards on the other hand, excellent defiantly worth a watch.

Oh no is it?

Thought it had started promisingly enough :(

I meant it's bad that I've watched all those episodes in a week! 

Only 6 episodes in and I think it's my favourite season already.

Oh no is it?

Thought it had started promisingly enough :(

I meant it's bad that I've watched all those episodes in a week! 

Only 6 episodes in and I think it's my favourite season already.

Oh I see!

Excellent news. As I said, I thought it had started really promisingly, although, again I BET I can predict what will happen :)

I also saw an advert for Fried Chicken Shop on 4 this morning. Guh? Basically they've filmed drunk people ordering food in a typical open till the early hours fast food joint. I could go down town and see that shit any night of the week, who thought it would be a good TV show? Bizzare.

I saw that trailer today, and having worked in a food place at drinking hours I am looking forward to watching it. Interested to see if they portray the amount of shit staff get off the public. If it's just a vehicle to laugh at drunk people falling over or saying silly things it will be an opportunity missed IMO.

Enjoyed the last Mad Fat Diary tonight. And Black Mirror was good too, although I preferred last week's episode.

I also saw an advert for Fried Chicken Shop on 4 this morning. Guh? Basically they've filmed drunk people ordering food in a typical open till the early hours fast food joint. I could go down town and see that shit any night of the week, who thought it would be a good TV show? Bizzare.

I saw that trailer today, and having worked in a food place at drinking hours I am looking forward to watching it. Interested to see if they portray the amount of shit staff get off the public.

What, like, literally? I'm sure that happened somewhere, guy took a shit and threw it at the employees like a monkey.

If it wasn't on at the same time as the football, I might've put it on. Ah, who am I kidding, i would definitely watched it and will probably watch it on +1 anyway  :unsure: 

I was initially a bit 'eh?' with Black Mirror last night, then I went on twitter and saw a bunch of people thinking 'it isn't such a bad idea'. I find good satire usually has a few people thinking 'this doesn't seem to bad'.

Still, I prefer the episodes with a more human story at its heart, rather than dealing with society as a whole e.g. the final episode of last season and the first of this.

I saw that trailer today, and having worked in a food place at drinking hours I am looking forward to watching it. Interested to see if they portray the amount of shit staff get off the public.

What, like, literally? I'm sure that happened somewhere, guy took a shit and threw it at the employees like a monkey.

If it wasn't on at the same time as the football, I might've put it on. Ah, who am I kidding, i would definitely watched it and will probably watch it on +1 anyway  :unsure:

Haha not experienced that, have had food thrown at me though.

Thought Monday's Black Mirror was ok.

What ruined it for me was the lead's constant whining through 90% of the episode. That sort of not quite crying not quite screaming noise that she made ALL the time.

By the end I was on the verge of muting it because that sound was like nails on a chalkboard.

Thought Monday's Black Mirror was ok.

What ruined it for me was the lead's constant whining through 90% of the episode. That sort of not quite crying not quite screaming noise that she made ALL the time.

By the end I was on the verge of muting it because that sound was like nails on a chalkboard.

Agreed. Her constant whining was very annoying.  

Season 4 of Friday Night Lights is some of the best TV I've watched, by far my favourite season so far.

4, 3, 1, 2 in that order FWIW.

Without giving away too much, why is it so good? As it just looks like its about annoying American high school jocks. I'm obviously way off the mark due to your post, so whats it all about?

Without giving away too much, why is it so good? As it just looks like its about annoying American high school jocks. I'm obviously way off the mark due to your post, so whats it all about?

PLEASE SPOILER-TAG ANYTHING that is ahead of Sky Atlantic pace

Season 4 of Friday Night Lights is some of the best TV I've watched, by far my favourite season so far.

4, 3, 1, 2 in that order FWIW.

I dunno, I guess it just is. I'd say it'd helps if you have an interest in American Football but it's still enjoyable enough without it. I'm not saying that everyone, or even you, will enjoy it by the way. It really does step up a gear season 4 and 5 though.

Â