Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

It's REALLY good.

But as I said on the last page, the second season get's a bit shit and finishes 6 episodes early and without actually finishing the story.

But it picks up again in season 3.

Literally came in here to post about season 2 in here. No ending to the football season at all, waste of a series. 

I think it was cut short because of the writers strike, still annoying though.

Anyone seen the Catfish TV Show? I was uncertain if the docu/film was legit or not, although I did enjoy it. As for this series, it comes across as being very set up, it all seems a bit too perfect. In which case, as it touches on some dark stuff, it's pretty messed, man.

I also saw an advert for Fried Chicken Shop on 4 this morning. Guh? Basically they've filmed drunk people ordering food in a typical open till the early hours fast food joint. I could go down town and see that shit any night of the week, who thought it would be a good TV show? Bizzare.

Just finished watching the season two finale of Homeland.

Wow. I'd heard season two was slower than the first but it didn't seem that way to me. I pretty much watched the entire two seasons in the space of a week though so I didn't have any time to wait in between episodes which may have had something to do with it.

Can't wait for season 3.

It's REALLY good.

But as I said on the last page, the second season get's a bit shit and finishes 6 episodes early and without actually finishing the story.

Literally came in here to post about season 2 in here. No ending to the football season at all, waste of a series. 

I think it was cut short because of the writers strike, still annoying though.

Indeed.

I think it meant while they were actually writing, it was a bit shit (it turns into a show abotu a volleyball team at one point. Meh) and then they had to end it without writing or filming the last 6 or 7 episodes.

Then it all gets summed up at the start of season 3 in the biggest "Summing up" since Red Dwarf Season 3.

But keep going. Season 3 picks up again (just started on season 4 myself and it's still good).

Also, Lyla Garrety. That is all.

Lyla was annoying, whiny, unlikeable, and not even that hot, the blonde girl who dated Riggins at the start was hotter.

Wah, wah, I'm Lyla Garrety. Feel sorry for me because I cheated on my recently paralysed boyfriend with his best friend... pfft.

Not many women are.

FWIW I agree she's annoying. And I think she has some sort of personality disorder judging by how many times in 3 seasons her personality and opinions seem to have completely changed.

Must say I'm kinda with Ginko there. She was sooo **** miserable and moany that it actually made her unattractive - which is some job considering what she's got 'going on'. Tyra OTOH. Smokin'.

Teh girl who's just popped up in season 4 looks pretty hot too

although I think it's another amazing telegraphed storyline. She's clearly going to shag Tim Riggins, which is going to get him in trouble with Lyla (assumign they're still together, as he was **** the new hot girl's mom in the previous episode which confused me a bit)

It's REALLY good.

The writers strike did that to a lot of shows

Hahaha now that's where we're the complete opposite.

Danes does NOTHING for me because of how incessantly annoying her character is.

So I guess I see where you're coming from on the Lyla thing now! (although I'd argue that Clare Danes is barely "normal" person attractive, let alone celebrity attractive, annoying or not)

You don't like Carrie Mathison as a character?

I think in this instance, it's not a case of finding her attractive through her character, but more of a case of finding Clare Danes herself attractive because she's pretty and because she's a damn fine actor.

I think Carrie Mathison is a great character and Danes does a fantastic job with her.

I htink she does a good job.

It depends what you mean by a like her as a character. I think she's perfectly portrayed and puts across exactly what she's meant to put across. So in that way I like her chracter because I think it's a "good" charcater.

But I don't LIKE her. In fact i hate her. But as I said, I assumed that I was meant to hate her (and like Brody) even though

she's the "good guy" and he's the "bad guy"

which i thought was the point of it.

But yeah, she's the most infuriating charcater since Chloe off of 24

Edit: I do know how to spell "character"... honest

Edited by Stevo985

To be fair she's meant to be irritating. Unless you are bi-polar (or work with bi-polar people) then it is hard to 'get' her mindset. I think she portrays that... impulsive streak followed by an almost immediate comedown quite well.

Re: Catfish. It is a documentary (allegedly), but I think they made it all up for shock value. It works on its own merits but I felt a bit cheated.

Exactly. I like her character because I don't like her character.

Oh, and I'm enjoying Catfish. But I do quesiton whether it's real or not, and felt the same way after I watched the film.

Â