Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

Folski

5 minutes ago, AJG23 said:

I was a bit disappointed when it came to an end, especially with no real conclusion or ending.

Yes, great cast as you say. Jason Isaacs and Jason Clarke as the brothers, they were both put in their place by their matriarchal Mother at times.

Yeah, I think the powers that be pulled the plug on it midstream

👎👎

Exploding Kittens on Netflix is good, dumb fun.

God gets sent back to earth by Heavens Board of Directors as a cat to heal a family, however Beelzebub has had the same treatment from Hell too!

it’s stupid but has some funny moments. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

Just watched the first two episodes of Wandavision on Disney.

It's absolutely **** shite.

It does get better and the gimmick of it is quite clever (it's travelling through time, each episode draws from a decade of TV, so eventually it gets to like a 90s and a 00s style episode which is where it peaks) 

It's possibly the only TV show I've turned off in absolute disgust though, shortly after the good episodes it did something which I absolutely hated, even had a little song to go along with it

Spoiler

It was Agatha all along...

Not a clue how it got rave reviews or how it's getting a spin off follow up 

29 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Just watched the first two episodes of Wandavision on Disney.

It's absolutely **** shite.

I stopped watching it after the second episode. I was so confused how they made such a weird and confusing TV series and what it had to do with the MCU.  

People convinced me to carry on… I did and episode 3 is where it starts to change. By the end I was in awe, it’s an amazing series with such a brave way of storytelling.  

9/10 - my favourite MCU series.

• Like 1

I Will power through as I've read elsewhere now it gets better but those 2 shows were as close to torture as possible. I get it's a parody or a send up of sorts but 2 episodes of really unfunny and dates gags and a laughter track (of the time of course) was long

17 hours ago, ender4 said:

I stopped watching it after the second episode. I was so confused how they made such a weird and confusing TV series and what it had to do with the MCU.  

People convinced me to carry on… I did and episode 3 is where it starts to change. By the end I was in awe, it’s an amazing series with such a brave way of storytelling.  

9/10 - my favourite MCU series.

Yeah I'd agree with that.  It started off quite weirdly and slowly but that was really just  setting the series up. It does get much better and was thoroughly engaging by the end.  

I'm looking forward to Agatha all along. 

On to the 3rd season of Mr Inbetween. This show never disappoints. Every episode has had me engaged from  the first minute to the last, and that's not easy, considering my attention - span. 

Edited by sheepyvillian
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Spoiler

When Ray tells his gullible new cell mate that he's in for rape, "But it's not like I rape women, only blokes." The relief when he realises Ray is having him at it. Superb writing and brilliant acting.

Mr Inbetween the 1st episode of the 3rd season,

1 minute ago, sheepyvillian said:

Watching Mary Steenburgen in Justified, she sure looks wonderful for her age, and without the obligatory manufactured face desired by ageing actors. 

Been a few years since I've seen in her anything so got to be careful here....but yep, full on gilf

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Been a few years since I've seen in her anything so got to be careful here....but yep, full on gilf

She made a few appearances in Curb Your Enthusiasm with her husband, Ted Danson, both playing themselves. 

1 minute ago, sheepyvillian said:

In my opinion, Jeff Bridges is in the top 5 of greatest actors.

Quite an impressive body of work. Hard to believe the same guy from The Last Picture Show was also in Tron 🤯

Not that you asked: Robert Duvall is my favorite 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

Quite an impressive body of work. Hard to believe the same guy from The Last Picture Show was also in Tron 🤯

Not that you asked: Robert Duvall is my favorite 

Duvall isn't bad at all. "Charlie don't surf." Brilliant in "Falling Down" too. A wonderful expression of understated acting.

As for Bridges, I'm always mindful of the Pauline Kael quote, "Jeff Bridges just may well be the least self - conscious actor ever." I'm inclined to agree.

Edited by sheepyvillian

6 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Duvall isn't bad at all. "Charlie don't surf." Brilliant in "Falling Down" too. A wonderful expression of understated acting.

As for Bridges, I'm always mindful of the Pauline Kael quote, "Jeff Bridges just may well be the most least self - conscious actor ever." I'm inclined to agree.

Most least? 

🤔

• Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â