Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

Folski

29 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

"Michael J Fox 'bout to be Michael J ****** Up in a minute!"

Absolutely gutted that, on NOW TV, it ends after 8 seasons. What's that all about?

Edited by sheepyvillian

37 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

It's not a spoiler in anyway. That was my point. He was in the last season part 1. Then, he and the writer had some dispute, causing the whole of part 2, of the final season, to be rewritten without his character. I was merely intrigued to how they will deal with that unexpected absence because, apparently, he had a clause in  his contract that his character could not be killed off..

It's no big secret. 

I didn't know about it. 

6 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I didn't know about it. 

Like I said, knowing about it is not going to spoil anything because otherwise, no one would have knew about it. It's not the character whose left, it's the actor. Maybe, they'll go all "Dallas style" and make it seem like it's all one big dream.

I finally got round to watching Good Omens. Had started it once many moons ago but it didn't really connect with me. So many people recommended it that I started again, stuck with it and am almost finished. 2 episodes of series 2 left to go.

Tbh I've enjoyed series 2 much more than series one. Partly because the two leads and Miranda Richardson are taking up most of the screen time and partly because the thin young michael macintyre clone chap who I find it hard to watch hasn't been in it so far. Whatshisname from fresh meat and bad education and annoying things with his dad.

But yeah, I was wrong first time round. It's great

On 16/08/2024 at 02:55, stuart_75 said:

Anyone tried Bad Monkey on Apple TV+ yet? I have the first 2 episodes to watch.

We have watched the first four episodes. As I said in a previous post, my wife & I are big fans of Carl Hiassen’s writing. It’s pretty entertaining in spite of Vince Vaughn. He strikes me as the type that some find charming while others find him somewhat annoying. I am firmly in the latter camp. He only has one note to play in his repertoire and here he milks it for all it’s worth 

Pretty much every other character in the show with a speaking part is quite good and saves the show.  I am a big fan of Michelle Monaghan, she elevates anything she’s in, and it’s certainly the case here. Just wish she had more camera time. Her role here is a big departure from her typically serious work. She’s very funny and flirty and criminal and it shows that she’s clearly having fun

IMG-0708.jpg

TL;DR- worth watching in spite of Vince Vaughn 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

We have watched the first four episodes. As I said in a previous post, my wife & I are big fans of Carl Hiassen’s writing. It’s pretty entertaining in spite of Vince Vaughn. He strikes me as the type that some find charming while others find him somewhat annoying. I am firmly in the latter camp. He only has one note to play in his repertoire and here he milks it for all it’s worth 

Pretty much every other character in the show with a speaking part is quite good and saves the show.  I am a big fan of Michelle Monaghan, she elevates anything she’s in, and it’s certainly the case here. Just wish she had more camera time. Her role here is a big departure from her typically serious work. She’s very funny and flirty and criminal and it shows that she’s clearly having fun

IMG-0708.jpg

TL;DR- worth watching in spite of Vince Vaughn 

I'm 3 episodes in and enjoying it. Not laugh out laugh funny, but amusing onetheless. Michelle Monaghan 😍

20 minutes ago, stuart_75 said:

I'm 3 episodes in and enjoying it. Not laugh out laugh funny, but amusing onetheless. Michelle Monaghan 😍

Pretty much our take as well 👍👍

The woman playing Eve, Meredith Hagner, is also really good

Edited by Nor-Cal Villan
  • Like 1

Getting through my re - binge of Justified. Now on season 8 with the Crowe brothers. Caught another great line from Rayland Givens, " You know your trouble? You're  born to lose, lose well for once, you might earn some respect. "

Incidentally, the actor playing the character who Rayland says that to, is the one who played the arrogant character in Breaking Bad, who ended up getting his car blown up by Walter. I knew he was familiar 

2 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Getting through my re - binge of Justified. Now on season 8 with the Crowe brothers. Caught another great line from Rayland Givens, " You know your trouble? You're  born to lose, lose well for once, you might earn some respect. "

Incidentally, the actor playing the character who Rayland says that to, is the one who played the arrogant character in Breaking Bad, who ended up getting his car blown up by Walter. I knew he was familiar 

Such a great show 👍👍

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Other way round surely? 

Oh yes, good point.

It was strange though having the exact same type of show on both main terrestrial channels at the same time. Looked like a ratings war. 

1 hour ago, Genie said:

It was strange though having the exact same type of show on both main terrestrial channels at the same time. Looked like a ratings war. 

Surely, in the era of streaming and 'catch-up TV' this no longer matters? 

Just now, mjmooney said:

Surely, in the era of streaming and 'catch-up TV' this no longer matters? 

Probably does for a lot of the people that watch cooking shows but yeah I guess people can record one/stream one later. 

It just surprised me as unusual scheduling as they are basically exactly the same thing.

On 03/09/2024 at 07:11, VILLAMARV said:

Knew the name rang a bell. Woody Harrelson's missus in the first True Detectives wasn't she.

She was one of the lead characters in a series The Path about a cult/religious movement a few years ago. Aaron Paul from Breaking Bad played her husband.

It was excellent….tried to copy and paste the IMDB page in case anyone was interested but couldn’t get it to work….☹️

• Like 1

Finished the first series of Sherwood last night and immediately moved onto the second series. The first was excellent really very very good not just the acting but the whole premise was original and the story was well thought out. The second series has started fairly well and I look forward to watching it all over the next week.

Edited by Seat68
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â