Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

Folski

As anyone seen Dark Winds? I'm finding myself drawn to it, after reading a few snippets about the show. It's seems to have a similar vibe to that very good, Jeremy Renner, film Wind River. 

Edited by sheepyvillian

2 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

As anyone seen Dark Winds? I'm finding myself drawn to it, after reading a few snippets about the show. It's seems to have a similar vibe to that very good, Jeremy Renner, film Wind River. 

Saw it, love it! Huge, huge fan of the Tony Hillerman books on which the series is based. Great cast & music selections.

This is at least the third series/films of these characters/stories, as there was a film Dark Wind (the only non-documentary film by Errol Morris) with Lou Diamond Phillips (1991) and a three-film series on PBS in the early 2000s. Robert Redford had been involved at some level in all the film versions of the Hillerman books 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

Saw it, love it! Huge, huge fan of the Tony Hillerman books on which the series is based. Great cast & music selections.

This is at least the third series/films of these characters/stories, as there was a film Dark Wind (the only non-documentary film by Errol Morris) with Lou Diamond Phillips (1991) and a three-film series on PBS in the early 2000s. Robert Redford had been involved at some level in all the film versions of the Hillerman books 

Good man! I shall hopefully find somewhere to watch it. I'm currently with Disney, NowTV and Netflix, hopefully one of them.

17 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Good man! I shall hopefully find somewhere to watch it. I'm currently with Disney, NowTV and Netflix, hopefully one of them.

I watched the first series on the Alibi channel box sets on Virgin. Hopefully the second series will be showing soon. Earlier in the thread the movie Wind River was mentioned, I think there is a sequel to that coming out soon.

Edited by AJG23
Adding more text.
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, AJG23 said:

I watched the first series on the Alibi channel box sets on Virgin. Hopefully the second series will be showing soon. Earlier in the thread the movie Wind River was mentioned, I think there is a sequel to that coming out soon.

I mentioned Wind River when asking about Dark Winds. Enjoyed that immensely. 

I'm thinking about renewing my Prime subscription, especially now they have coverage of CL. I think that's where I will be able to watch DW, so two for the price of one.

28 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I mentioned Wind River when asking about Dark Winds. Enjoyed that immensely. 

I'm thinking about renewing my Prime subscription, especially now they have coverage of CL. I think that's where I will be able to watch DW, so two for the price of one.

I actually got a 30 day free trial on Amazon Prime yesterday, they might be offering them just now for just that reason, encouraging people to sign up after the free month expires, they have first pick of the Tuesday CL games in the group stages.
Dark Winds is available on Now TV just now I think.

Edited by AJG23
Adding text
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, AJG23 said:

I actually got a 30 day free trial on Amazon Prime yesterday, they might be offering them just now for just that reason, encouraging people to sign up after the free month expires, they have first pick of the Tuesday CL games in the group stages.
Dark Winds is available on Now TV just now I think.

I'm all good with Now TV. I'm not sure I'll get the free month but there's no harm in trying. 

20 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I'm all good with Now TV. I'm not sure I'll get the free month but there's no harm in trying. 

I’ve had numerous 7 day and 30 day free trials on Amazon over the years, the last few times I tried to take up the 30 day one I was knocked back, but it worked yesterday.

Just now, AJG23 said:

I’ve had numerous 7 day and 30 day free trials on Amazon over the years, the last few times I tried to take up the 30 day one I was knocked back, but it worked yesterday.

So have I tbf. It looks like they want it up front this time. I'll subscribe again when the CL starts. 

On 27/08/2024 at 06:56, Seat68 said:

Based off the second series starting, watched the first couple of episodes of the 1st series of Sherwood yesterday. Shaping up nicely. 

First series was pretty good. 

However, 2 episodes into S2 and it's just far more brutal. E2 was just really sad and upsetting.  

On 27/08/2024 at 06:59, Genie said:

Ted Lasso looks like it’s getting a new series, although early indications are that it will not include Ted Lasso himself. 

There's never been a show I've wanted to enjoy so much and left so disappointed. If you get on it, please let me know if it's worth a second shot. 

I think I mentioned before but it was like Benidorm with a football club tagged on. 

On 24/02/2015 at 07:56, YLN said:

Better Call Saul is pretty rubbish. It's watchable, because I want to know what happens, but it's about as clever as a mid level GTA mission. It's fine, but Odenkirk is not a leading man, and Mike is doing his best whoever he is in Community impression.

I am rewatching Better Call Saul from the start and I couldn't disagree with myself any more. It's absolutely fantastic. I have no recollection of anything that happened in it. It's like I never watched it the first time. 

I feel like I was just watching it to see what happened before Breaking Bad, but now I'm watching it because it absolutely stands on its own two feet. Great show

Edited by YLN
  • Like 4

On 27/08/2024 at 06:59, Genie said:

Ted Lasso looks like it’s getting a new series, although early indications are that it will not include Ted Lasso himself. 

9 hours ago, T-Dog said:

There's never been a show I've wanted to enjoy so much and left so disappointed. If you get on it, please let me know if it's worth a second shot. 

I think I mentioned before but it was like Benidorm with a football club tagged on. 

Season 3 can get in the bin so please don't do another. Really enoyed the first 2 seasons though, but it ran its course fairly quickly.

4 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Brassic is pretty funny, main character has stolen Barrenechea's haircut though ;)

And the brunette in it is pretty special.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Andy_10 said:

And the brunette in it is pretty special.

No way has a body like that knocked out a kid, bit of a stretch (oooer missus, K.W gif etc etc)

• Like 1

Im a fan of her face.

Shes no Jennifer Connelly, but shes quite lovely in my humble opinion.

I quite like the show too. Its got some interesting characters in it.

Edited by Andy_10
Added point.
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â