Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

Folski

Welcome to Wrexham season three episode one.

That Man Ure keeper did that deliberately, did the dirty word removed ever get retrospectively banned?

Should have been.

8 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Finished Dark Matter, what a great show.

Ended really well too so surprised it’s got a second season.

Agree it was great. Don't think a second season has been confirmed though?

15 minutes ago, saturdaygig said:

Agree it was great. Don't think a second season has been confirmed though?

Renewed for second season in August 

I know this is mainly a recommendation to watch thread however I have just endured Daddy Issues on BBC and would recommend you never watch it! 

painful and completely unfunny, despite having Aimee Lou Wood (Sex Education) and David Morrissey playing the leads - totally avoid! 

12 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Started watching something called Brassic on Netflix. 3 episodes in and enjoying it a lot. Tis good fun so far. 

It's ok and has some good episodes but does get more ridiculous each season.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, theboyangel said:

I know this is mainly a recommendation to watch thread however I have just endured Daddy Issues on BBC and would recommend you never watch it! 

painful and completely unfunny, despite having Aimee Lou Wood (Sex Education) and David Morrissey playing the leads - totally avoid! 

I've seen the trailers and that was enough for me to file it under 'avoid'. Though I'm intrigued as to how bad it actually is ....

7 minutes ago, Jon said:

I've seen the trailers and that was enough for me to file it under 'avoid'. Though I'm intrigued as to how bad it actually is ....

Genuinely terrible. There are comedies that are intentionally awkward/uncomfortable to watch but this manages it because it's so bad and just not funny.

I dare you to watch an episode 😂

Edited by theboyangel
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Based off the second series starting, watched the first couple of episodes of the 1st series of Sherwood yesterday. Shaping up nicely. 

I can't work out what era this is supposedly set in.  I've seen a review stating mid/late 90s, but to me it seems more current. 

But then the lead character played my Morrissey hasn't aged. 

But one of the main female characters was vaping. I'm confused. 

23 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Finished Dark Matter, what a great show.

Ended really well too so surprised it’s got a second season.

I thought it was decent. Went a bit mental in the last couple of episodes and had me thinking WTF is going on here, but all in all a good effort. Jennifer Connelly still scrubs up nice.

• Like 1

On 20/08/2024 at 21:38, sheepyvillian said:

Loving that Eddie Vedder and Neil Finn track in the "Bolognese" episode of The Bear. 

Not seen the Bear but was it 'Throw your arms around me'?

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

Watching a show called Obliterated on Netflix. Easily the dumbest show ive ever watched. Cant stop watching it however

Yeah I mentioned this last week, if you're a fan of copious sex, gratuitous violence and very large penises you're in for a treat 😂

4 hours ago, Jon said:

I can't work out what era this is supposedly set in.  I've seen a review stating mid/late 90s, but to me it seems more current. 

But then the lead character played my Morrissey hasn't aged. 

But one of the main female characters was vaping. I'm confused. 

Is it going for a Sex Education vibe?  Set in modern day UK, whilst the aesthetic is very 1980s US high school, with everyone driving round in old cars whilst having smart phones.

1 minute ago, rjw63 said:

Yeah I mentioned this last week, if you're a fan of copious sex, gratuitous violence and very large penises you're in for a treat 😂

pfft . only my three favourite things!

wait.....👀

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

pfft . only my three favourite things!

wait.....👀

I like how the lesbian has the best knockers

spacer.png

• Thanks 1

Belatedly finished the Rebus series. Very much mixed thoughts on it. By taking away all that accumulated experience from the books to show him as a more insecure younger version was interesting, but you do miss the gravitas and heft that Ken Stott brought to the role. 

And the show suffered a bit from some inexplicable decision making. 

The dynamic between Rebus and Siobahn is so different from the books too, and again I miss that element. 

Nevertheless, assuming a second season is on the way I'll look forward to it.

Also watching New Amsterdam which is unintentionally hilarious. But we've powered through the more ridiculous early season episodes and it's settled down a tad in the 2nd season.

Edited by Rodders

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â