Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

Folski

On 16/08/2024 at 10:55, stuart_75 said:

Anyone tried Bad Monkey on Apple TV+ yet? I have the first 2 episodes to watch.

So far, it looks bad. Suspect I’ll still watch it but mostly so I can play “spot the plot hole” and “find the joins on the bad cgi”. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, HeroesAndVillans said:

Have heard so much about House MD from loads of people and have watched quite a few clips online which I enjoyed so I'm finally giving it a go tonight.

Hated it with a passion. But what the feck do I know. On the bright side, at least I can't hit you with any "Spoilers.😉

• Haha 1

Just now, sheepyvillian said:

Hated it with a passion. But what the feck do I know. On the bright side, at least I can't hit you with any "Spoilers.😉

Fair enough mate haha! Won't be for everyone, personally I try and give shows the first season unless I think they are utter crap. I would have never finished Breaking Bad if my brother didn't force me through the first episode and I ended up loving that.

Just now, HeroesAndVillans said:

Fair enough mate haha! Won't be for everyone, personally I try and give shows the first season unless I think they are utter crap. I would have never finished Breaking Bad if my brother didn't force me through the first episode and I ended up loving that.

Breaking Bad, I'm well into double figures on re - binge. 

I just didn't like the whole alternative universe atmosphere to House MD. And, the fact it was on channel five didn't help matters.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Breaking Bad, I'm well into double figures on re - binge. 

You know what, I never finished Better Call Saul despite really liking it. It's just one of those I stopped watching and then picked it up again more and more infrequently. El Camino I am not sure I'll bother with, I'd only watch it for Krysten Ritter. 🤣

Now that you mention it, though, I finished Breaking Bad in 2022 and haven't watched it since. Got the house to myself this weekend so there's something to do!

4 minutes ago, HeroesAndVillans said:

You know what, I never finished Better Call Saul despite really liking it. It's just one of those I stopped watching and then picked it up again more and more infrequently. El Camino I am not sure I'll bother with, I'd only watch it for Krysten Ritter. 🤣

Now that you mention it, though, I finished Breaking Bad in 2022 and haven't watched it since. Got the house to myself this weekend so there's something to do!

Funny enough, it took me a while to get through BCS. It just didn't have, for me, the same impact as BB. Then again, BB sets a very high bar. 

I would recommend Justified if you haven't seen it. I'm currently re - binging for about the 20th time. Great show with 6 watchable seasons. 

Edited by sheepyvillian
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, sheepyvillian said:

Funny enough, it took me awhile to get through BCS. It just didn't have, for me, the same impact as BB. Then again, BB sets a very high bar. 

I would recommend Justified if you haven't seen it. I'm currently re - binging for about the 20th time. Great show with 6 watchable seasons. 

I'll give Justified a go, cheers.

Yeah, BCS is quite a "slow" show which isn't necessarily a criticism, it just feels like a come-down after Breaking Bad. It is still brilliantly written and directed but it leans so far into the relationships between characters that it can be a bit boring for some. Adding to that universe was always going to be a tough ask and I think they did really well though.

• Like 1

If you like action, bad language, violence and lots of sex and nudity, Obliterated is the show for you :hooray:

Finished the final series of Lost In Space last night. I enjoyed it. It’s ridiculous, with many, many, many convenient moments and inexplicable escapes, but I liked it. Sci fi fun, even if the main family in it are annoying, know it all do-gooders.

• Like 1

That new Flintoff programme, another two episodes in, absolutely superb. It's very much the usual 'underdog' story but it really does it well. Massive fan.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â