Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

Folski

Just started season 5 of The Sopranos, it's a better show than I remembered it to be.

Great acting, most of the characters are totally reprehensible :crylaugh:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Just watched an old Sopranos episode D Girl. Amy Witt. How gorgeous was she?

Do you mean Alicia Witt? Big fan of hers, really good actor and she also is a musician. And yes, she is extremely beautiful. 

7 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

Do you mean Alicia Witt? Big fan of hers, really good actor and she also is a musician. And yes, she is extremely beautiful. 

That's the one. What a beauty, and still looks good. Apparently, her Mom and Dad were both found dead together at their home, which is kind of spooky. 

6 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

That's the one. What a beauty, and still looks good. Apparently, her Mom and Dad were both found dead together at their home, which is kind of spooky. 

Yeah, I actually knew that story. She actually had her debut in the original (David Lynch) Dune, back when she was 5 or 6

IMG-0325.jpg

Edited by Nor-Cal Villan
  • Like 1

On 26/07/2024 at 10:54, Designer1 said:

Watched the first five episodes of the final season of Cobra Kai.

Yeah, I'm glad they are wrapping it up with this series. It's been a good bit of fun on the whole but it's definitely lost it's spark from the first couple of seasons, and the amount of recycling of storylines is getting silly now.

One big positive (again) though is Peyton List. She's a great actor and hopefully she'll go on to bigger and better things.

It's just getting stupid now. It's still fun but definitely lost something. 

22 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

I forgot just how great some of the lines were in Justified. Theos button man, Nicky Augstine to Boyd Crowder, "I love the way you talk, using forty words when four will do".

Truly great show…and it has Alicia Witt in s5 👍👍

Edited by Nor-Cal Villan
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

First series is excellent, second not as good. 

Just finished season 1 it was brilliant.  Going to start 2 later

Spoiler

Its massively far fetched to be honest. I dont think even the smartest people on that planet could have figured some of this stuff out.

The witch though was utterly predictable. I knew she took her own life. Thats the first person i would have thrown in the fire just to rule out having to kill anyone

40 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Such a beautiful scene with Canute and Emma. I'm going to miss this show. 

I'm still seething about how it wasn't properly finished. 

9 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I'm still seething about how it wasn't properly finished. 

Not quite there yet, but I'm guessing how it's going and ending. No flies on Emma, that's for sure. 

Edited by sheepyvillian

On 04/09/2023 at 18:59, mjmooney said:

Only a matter of time before somebody decides to make a Lucy Letby dramatisation. 

channel 5 tonight are  making a case that she is innocent 

Just now, tonyh29 said:

channel 5 tonight are  making a case that she is innocent 

This has been picking up for a few weeks now that media are allowed to publish their concerns.

You won't find many people who will claim outright that she's innocent, but there are incredibly few experts in healthcare or statistics who support the guilty verdict, and more and more are speaking out against it.

She might have done it, but the evidence used to convict her is widely considered inadequate to prove the case beyond reasonable doubt. 

My other half is a clinical investigator into maternal harm cases, had a few of her mates around for dinner and drinks a few weeks ago, got onto this topic, and they were absolutely scathing about the expert witnesses that earn a tidy packet for going on the stand and saying what they're told.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â