Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

Folski

5 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

I’m starting to think I am the only living person who doesn’t watch both The Bear and The Boys

I gave up on The Boys after s2. Season 1 was kinda fun, then I lost interest during s2. 

5 minutes ago, sne said:

I gave up on The Boys after s2. Season 1 was kinda fun, then I lost interest during s2. 

I’ve never had one urge to watch it. I probably, might have watched The Bear had my wife not started it without me back whenever it premiered originally. But that train has left the station. For whatever reason I am completely immune to FOMO, so no matter how much people tell me I am “missing out” it doesn’t impact me in the least. I already have more music/ books/TV/film/sports than I can ever consume, so for me it’s as if the things I don’t consume don’t even exist 🤣

• Like 2

Just finished season 1 of The Bear and it's alright, struggling to see what all the fuss is about tbh but it's definitely watchable

• Like 1

On 06/07/2024 at 20:57, sne said:

Same here 

2 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Same here 

I binned it after less than 2 episodes, not my kinda thing.

On 06/07/2024 at 20:50, Nor-Cal Villan said:

I’m starting to think I am the only living person who doesn’t watch both The Bear and The Boys

You're not. I've never seen an episode of The Boys and I've never even head of The Bear.

• Like 1

On 08/07/2024 at 08:36, Bizzzle said:

Just finished season 1 of The Bear and it's alright, struggling to see what all the fuss is about tbh but it's definitely watchable

Stick with it, Season 2 is a step up.

• Like 1

IMG-0151.jpg

Read the book years ago and now finally made time for the series. Good stuff, great cast that overcomes the at-times cartoonishly jingoistic writing. We only have the last episode left and will finish tonight. Hard to believe how long ago this was, as the story begins in the later years of the Clinton administration 

On 06/07/2024 at 20:50, Nor-Cal Villan said:

Nope <waves> 

• Like 1

The Fishes episode of The Bear. Acting doesn't get much better than that. Berthnal and Odenkirk riffing like a pair of great guitarists. Jamie Lee Curtis was superb too.

My mother is 78yrs old, and she seems always on the verge of tears. That fear of not being there to provide a love and warmth that only a parent can. The kind of love that can never be replicated.

Edited by sheepyvillian
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, sheepyvillian said:

The Fishes episode of The Bear. Acting doesn't get much better than that. Bertnhal and Odenkirk riffing like a pair of great guitarists. Jamie Lee Curtis was superb too.

My mother is 78yrs old, and she seems always on the verge of tears. That fear of not being there to provide that love and warmth that only a parent can. The kind of love that can never be replicated.

Classic episode up there with the best of anything in recent years, on a par with the 12 days of Christine inside number nine and I don’t say that easily

• Like 1

On 06/07/2024 at 14:06, Nor-Cal Villan said:

I’ve never had one urge to watch it. I probably, might have watched The Bear had my wife not started it without me back whenever it premiered originally. But that train has left the station. For whatever reason I am completely immune to FOMO, so no matter how much people tell me I am “missing out” it doesn’t impact me in the least. I already have more music/ books/TV/film/sports than I can ever consume, so for me it’s as if the things I don’t consume don’t even exist 🤣

I started the Bear and couldn’t see what the fuss was about. A stressful kitchen? No thanks - enough stress in my own life and I did my time working in restaurants and have no inclination to relive any of it.

• Like 2

Just watched the first two episodes of s2 of The Responder. Solid, gritty show, Martin Freeman is quite good. Blown away that Cole Palmer’s found time to be in both this and Baby Reindeer 😉

IMG-0169.webp

Edited by Nor-Cal Villan

On 06/07/2024 at 21:06, Nor-Cal Villan said:

For whatever reason I am completely immune to FOMO, so no matter how much people tell me I am “missing out” it doesn’t impact me in the least. I already have more music/ books/TV/film/sports than I can ever consume, so for me it’s as if the things I don’t consume don’t even exist 🤣

This is my take also. 

So I haven't watched some TV series. So what? I did something else. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â