Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

Folski

Game of thrones and Breaking Bad have topped The Wire on the IMDB chart.

Link

a poll Radio 1 did for new years day in 1990 when they asked their listeners what the greatest singles of all time were.  Bros came in first and second.

I'm pretty confused now. You seem to be saying the Bros weren't actually all that good

• Like 1

Without spoiling anything, is today's episode another huge one or is it just setting it up nicely for s4?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dramatic_structure

Episode 10 had a lot of satisfying moments, but it was definitely a 

denouement. For some characters at least.  I won't spoil specifics, but there were partial resolutions for two or three of the story threads which had been neglected for a couple of episodes and obviously from what happened last week.   I think it has to be like that, it works much better than just being on at 100 mph all the time.  Just going from your avatar I presume you have played a Call of Duty single player campaign?  If Game of Thrones was like last week every week then there would be no gravity to the huge moments because they would get lost in all the explosions and beheadings.

• Like 1

The Returning on Ch4 is good, decent music from Mogwai too. Based on a French film for a few years back, called 'they came back'

It's The Returned (Les Revenants - which I think also means "ghosts" in French). Better than the translation the US got, which was "Rebound".

Anyway, yeah, it was good, will watch next episode. Liked C4's touch of having actual French ads in the first break. And the music was excellent - didn't realise it was Mogwai (never heard anything by them before, must check them out).

Watched it now and must say its done enough to get me to watch the second episode but as its not one of my usual genres I'm reserving judgement.

The soundtrack album is great it was released a good few months ago, which is kinda odd, I know the music,specifically recorded for the series even though its a first showing

There are a few people talking about the new episode of Mad Men as being Mad Men's red wedding. Shit just got real. This episode is rife with callbacks to every previous season (as this whole season has been), and the ending is the moment that every episode up to now has been building to. I'm kind of surprised that the critical reactions have been mostly meh, especially given the number of just great scenes.

I don't think any of that qualifies as spoiler... and even if it is, Mad Men's overarching mood is foreboding doom always delivered with the twist that the doom that comes about is 180 degrees from the doom that was foreshadowed*.

I don't think I've ever said "Oh ****" out loud at a television and meant it at much as I did tonight.

The fate of the free world wasn't hanging the the balance. The myth of the Polar Bears wasn't explained. The Cylons weren't revealed as being part of a never-ending cycle of death and rebirth. But, **** christ. Two worlds collided here in a way, that after 6 seasons, was more important and devastating to our main "protagonist" than any show in recent memory.

****. That was just AWFUL. Don shuffling around his own lobby, totally lost and helpless, was something we've never quite seen through all these years. This marked a turning point. As Mr. Nowalk said, this is the point of no return. It's all different now.

-- The_Primordial_Dr_Zoidberg

Seriously, much like you, I spent the last 15 or 10 minutes of the episode just repeatedly saying "****" under my breath, and then when Don started telling Sally that she "didn't see what she thought she saw" I let out a "**** you, Don Draper."

Just, seriously, this was painful in the best/worst way. I think it was even more devastating than the Red Wedding on last week's Thrones.

-- Dr. Clint Handsome

And Matt even ended the episode in silence.

-- Mmmmm

The silence over the credits here was deafening Not quite as much as on GoT last week, just for the sheer visceral reaction anyone with a soul had after that final shot. The finality of it all was tough to sit through in silence.

But the closed doors in the well-lit hallway going into the silence here was less eerie but far more foreboding. We knew what all the death in GoT meant- an entire storyline ended, brutally. In Ma[d] Men, something happened that will inform the rest of the series, and, hoo boy, it ain't good.

-- The_Primordial_Dr_Zoidberg

I screamed "oh my god" out loud like three times in a row, and had to rewind the TV. **** more intense than the Red Wedding. The creepy music and Rosemary's Baby/Shining vibe added to it nicely.

-- HowLovelyToBeAWerewolf

It's like a huge chunk of wall falling to the floor, revealing something that tells you the building is doomed ... and will collapse faster and more completely than you could ever have believed.

I keep thinking of Shakespearean analogies with this show. The most horrifying thing about Othello is how completely Iago is able to demolish the Moor as a man, deconstruct him brick by brick until he's "without form, and void"--the ghost of a titanic hero who seemed solid & coherent no time ago at all. And yet Don has no Iago in his life ... unless his name is Dick Whitman.

-- Jhimmibhob

Which is why I don't think the final episode is Don commits suicide, because that's, like, only been foreshadowed since at least the titles.**

Though wouldn't that be the ultimate: spend seven series reinforcing that the foreshadowing doesn't come to fruition and...

Game of Thrones finale was a nice way to end the series. Not the big hitter of many episodes but very much felt the end of a great deal of little arcs and plots we've had running for a season (or in some cases longer).

Now, to wait for series 4!

The whole game of thrones thing is starting to annoy me now, I have watched a few episodes of it and I think it's alright (I like the little womanising dwarf alcoholic thing) but other than that it doesn't interest me.

It just seems to be a massive craze that is innescapable (I don't mean coming into this thread because this is the TV thread so it's to be expected) but you just can't get away from it.

It's like that **** 50 shades bollocks all over again just a group hysteria. Fair enough watch it enjoy it but I wish they would allow people who don't watch it to get on with their lives and not be pestered about it constantly

Why is the last episode of every season of Game of Thrones mind numblingly boring? 

It can't be limbs of,f boobs out all the time though.  I suppose just one pair wouldn't have hurt tonight though.

After episode 9, another episode as high-tempo as that wouldn't have worked in my opinion. GoT season finales wrap up the stories whilst setting the next season up nicely. It's just the way it has to be and it works perfectly.

I'm doubley sad. Not only is it the last episode of GoT for a while, but this week will see the last of 'If GoT took place entirely on Facebook' :(

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â