Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

Folski

GoT beats The Wire for pure escapism...The Wire was more challenging to watch, because it made you think...

But you cannot deny that this phenomenon is brilliant television.

Just watched it on Sky Atlantic +1, I knew what was going to happen but it still shocked me seeing it brought to life, especially as it was very similar to how I pictured it in my head when I read the books. Amazing stuff!

Fearless television... not sure how much everything is deviating from the books, and I don't care. GoT is beginning to challenge The Wire for "Best Show Ever"....

if you do care, spoiler about what you saw tonight -

iirc robbs wife isnt there, but she then isnt in the books anymore either so again they seem to have made a sensible decision to tie up some loose ends that martin hasnt, also liked how they stabbed her in the stomach, added to the "i can see whats under a dress" line earlier, was a good touch

This episode showing Tulisa's demise explains why they took so many liberties with her character from the books. In the books, if I recall, she's not much of a character and she's not from Volantis, she's from Westeros from a small family that are bannermen to the Lannisters and therefore betray them when she marries Robb. I don't recall her being pregnant in the books either and she's still alive I think but since she's been killed off in the TV show I suppose it answers the question that she won't be important in the future books anyway, so you're right, another loose end tied up.

As for the TV show peaking, this is where the books peaked for me. That's not to say that there's not plenty of other stuff to look forward to in the future, but so far in the books, nothing has topped the Red Wedding for me.

Ha, the hot girl with the blanket was the best. Especially right at the end when you can see the reflection of the TV in the window and you know what's coming :D

i think so, assuming that they dont rush the 2nd half of book 4 next week then the next series will start with a bang too

huge spoiler from a frankie boyle tweet -

Sorry if I spoiled Game of Thrones for anyone. When they make the episode where the dwarf guy kills Tywin Lannister I'll say **** all

orrible bastard, good job id already read it

You clearing in the woods. That's a book spoiler in the TV thread, how the hell was I supposed to know you would do that?

THINK!

• Like 2

i think so, assuming that they dont rush the 2nd half of book 4 next week then the next series will start with a bang too

Sorry if I spoiled Game of Thrones for anyone. When they make the episode where the dwarf guy kills Tywin Lannister I'll say **** all

You clearing in the woods. That's a book spoiler in the TV thread, how the hell was I supposed to know you would do that?

THINK!

yes because the bit where i said "huge spoiler from a frankie boyle tweet" and " orrible bastard, good job id already read it" didnt suggest that it was from the book....

or the bit where i talked about the start of the next series before the spoiler...

That was absolutely astonishing by the way. I'd already had it spoiled, but I did not know how or why. 

Having not read the books I can't imagine they didn't do it justice. Magnificent television and I agree with my learned friend Maqroll, I think it's topping The Wire for me. 

THINK!

yes because the bit where i said "huge spoiler from a frankie boyle tweet" and " orrible bastard, good job id already read it" didnt suggest that it was from the book....

or the bit where i talked about the start of the next series before the spoiler...

You make a fair point, but it's not clear enough considering the content. 

Never watched Game of Thrones, just seems to have an air of that type of middle-aged women going mad over vampires and/or pirates thing to me.

You're wrong. So, so wrong. 

I thought that too for what it's worth. You'd love it, trust me.

Unbelievable.

Just seen it. 

Ridiculously good.

There was about 15 minutes left and I was thinking "This isn't that good..."

I'm genuinely shocked. Brilliant TV. I'm actually sweating.

THINK!

I'm in DDID's boat. 

I'd make spoilers like that more clear. Annoying.

Nah, I watched the Wire for the second time recently, and it is astonishingly good.

Today's episode has to be the Empire Strikes Back moment of TV though

I'd have loved to have seen the cinema reactions in 1980 btw!

Edited by villarule123

Wow.

Sat there just blankly watching the credits. Didn't know what to do. 

The only other time I can think of TV stunning me that much was season 3 of Breaking Bad. Incredible. 

• Like 1

Never watched Game of Thrones, just seems to have an air of that type of middle-aged women going mad over vampires and/or pirates thing to me.

Amazing that the ending overshadows the two other very pivotal developments...I wish this was like a weekly serial that ran 52 weeks a year!

Villaajax, it's nothing like that crap, by the way. I hate all that vampire shit too. GoT is dude-friendly

Edited by maqroll

Jesus Christ, people actually think that GoT is anything like Twilight, The Vampire Diaries or True Blood? Absolutely mental.

I do actually quite enjoy True Blood for all its silliness.

Spoilers from last night's episode.  Well worth watching if you are up to date or don't give a shit about Game of Thrones. 

I love the one with 4 people on the sofa, and 2 of them have clearly read the books  :D

Ha, the one with the two girls on the left of the screen screaming, then another girl and a guy on the right of the screen? Yeah, that girl looked so freaking smug, clearly read the books.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â