Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

Folski

Natalia Tena plays Osha and she is very attractive. You might have seen her before in the Harry Potter films. She wasn't a main character, she played the wife of the teacher who was a werewolf in The Prisoner of Azkaban, or whatever it was called. Then she was in the rest of the films here and there too.

"Or whatever it was called."

Look at this guy pretending he's too cool to know details about Harry Potter.

B)

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 2

Game of Thrones

really a spoiler for the last episode? Are we supposed to know that Theon Greyjoy is being held in the same place as Jamie Lannister and Brienne were being held?

I don't KNOW this myself, but I noticed when Jamie was negotiating for his release (the bit where he was trying to eat with one hand in the last episode) that there was a banner behind him depicting a large X with a red man tied to it.

Looky:

Jaime_The_Climb.jpg

Have I just been super observant, or is this common knowledge?

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

Game of Thrones is the worst show to watch weekly. It's best saving the whole series to watch over a weekend. At least half the episodes nothing happens in. Yet when viewed back to back it's great.

I really enjoyed watching season 2 again from start to finish in March this year to refresh me on the show. But so far this season has been like that one, very slow building to likely a very exciting finish.

Game of Thrones

really a spoiler for the last episode? Are we supposed to know that Theon Greyjoy is being held in the same place as Jamie Lannister and Brienne were being held?

I don't KNOW this myself, but I noticed when Jamie was negotiating for his release (the bit where he was trying to eat with one hand in the last episode) that there was a banner behind him depicting a large X with a red man tied to it.

Looky:

Jaime_The_Climb.jpg

Ha, well done. You have been super observant. Well, that is assuming the TV show hasn't changed things yet again from the books. Good job! Again if things haven't been changed from the books, the guy torturing Theon has been mentioned in the TV show on a couple of occasions, albeit very briefly.

Game of Thrones

Looky:

Jaime_The_Climb.jpg

Ha, well done. You have been super observant. Well, that is assuming the TV show hasn't changed things yet again from the books. Good job! Again if things haven't been changed from the books, the guy torturing Theon has been mentioned in the TV show on a couple of occasions, albeit very briefly.

hooray for me!

I'm not THAT observant, because I can't even remember who that guy is, that was holding Jamie and Brienne.

But I happened to notice that X thing and thought "They'll probably mention that in a minute" and didn't remember until after last night's episode that they still hadn't made that connection

hooray for me!

I'm not THAT observant, because I can't even remember who that guy is, that was holding Jamie and Brienne.

But I happened to notice that X thing and thought "They'll probably mention that in a minute" and didn't remember until after last night's episode that they still hadn't made that connection

The standard you saw was a man being flayed, the flayed man is the sigil of the Boltons. The man who had Jamie and Brienne is Lord Roose Bolton who is a bannerman to the Starks and therefore on Rob's side. That's pretty much all you're supposed to know up until this point I think.

• Like 1

Oh Lost was the absolute worst for fillers.

But in no way do I think Game of Thrones is filling. It's consistently excellent.

I wouldn't say filler. More uneventful. It's terribly boring to watch one episode per week. It's at its best watched back to back as for every eventful episode there is 2 slow paced uneventful ones.

But viewed as a season watched from start to finish it works great. Nobody watched the wire weekly, the show was the same. Viewed as a season it was superb.

Oh Lost was the absolute worst for fillers.

But in no way do I think Game of Thrones is filling. It's consistently excellent.

I wouldn't say filler. More uneventful. It's terribly boring to watch one episode per week. It's at its best watched back to back as for every eventful episode there is 2 slow paced uneventful ones.

But viewed as a season watched from start to finish it works great. Nobody watched the wire weekly, the show was the same. Viewed as a season it was superb.

I won't disagree that it's slow paced, especially towards the start of the seasons. But that's very VERY different from filler. Some of the greatest TV shows of all time have been slow paced, at least in parts (The Wire, Sopranos, Mad Men etc). But I wouldn't call any of their episodes "filler"

I'd also agree that it's best watched back to back. I think that's the same for any TV show really, apart from possibly sitcoms.

That being said, in no way is it "terribly boring".

Obviously you can't account for taste, and if you think it's terribly boring then so be it. Each to their own.

BUt there's no way I'd call Game of Thrones, however you watch it, "terribly boring"

I generally watch drama series once a week (even on DVD). It's what I'm used to. The most frequent would be one episode a day. Occasionally I might watch two episodes back to back (did that with The Killing), but NEVER three or more.

Suppose the word terribly boring was a bad choice. When I watch an episode the first thing I hope for is for something to actually happen. So I'm hoping this episode is eventful rather than slower paced.

I totally understand it's all to build up to an eventful season end like the previous two seasons. It's just the episode entertainment levels vary widely. Especially compared to the show I watch it back to back with. Mad Men.

Which has been consistently entertaining every episode, better week to week viewing than Game of Thrones, despite game of thrones being the better show imo.

If you get my meaning there.

• Like 1

I agree mj, I'd prefer access to an entire season though. To watch at my chosen pace. Like house of cards. Took 3 weeks to watch 13 episodes.

I'd like to watch 1 episode or maybe 2 per evening when I'm at home. Or with series that build ton climax ending like Boardwalk Empire or Game of thrones I'd maybe watch the last 3 in one sitting.

If I could choose that is.

Breaking Bad is a nightmare for me to watch weekly, despite a lot of people thinking it has a slow pace. I started watching as Season 3 began airing, so I burned through seasons 1 & 2. At most I probably watched 4 episodes back to back, ahem.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â