Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

Folski

Another good episode of Game of Thrones this week although I'm going to enjoy it just a little less from now on.

Ros! Not Ros! Noooooooooooooooooo!

Still a cracking episode again, perhaps a slight gear change down but still incredible.

Ha! I've think you're one of the few people who might've liked her. Not sure if you've read the books, but most of the "fandom" are happy she's gone. Personally, I had no problems with her.

Also thought this quote summed up GoT pretty well:

"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention."

I just love Esme Bianco 

:wub:  and now she's not in it...:(

I was never interested in reading the books but after a couple of mates read them all I bought the lot at Christmas. I'm really struggling though, I've not even got off Game of Thrones yet. I don't find them terribly engagingly written, and couple that to just not finding myself with the desire to read much anymore leaves them sat on my shelf looking forlorn.

Anyone watch Hannibal? Worth giving a go? I saw the last 10 mins or so, and as such it was impossible to judge, but I got the impression that it'd be worth my time. Will have to look up when a repeat is on/on demand it

I started watching Banshee and quite enjoyed the first series. Usually it's the type of series i'd hate, stupid story, unrealistic themes, and pretty crap characters. (like The Following), but Banshee didn't really annoy & irritate me in the same way The Following did. Complete turn your brain off entertainment but thought it was good. Will watch the second series. 

I tried Hannibal, but it just didn't engage me at all, kept drifting in and out of all the episodes. 

I watched the season 4 finale yesterday of Friday Night Lights.

It was brilliant.

Completely predictable (it's the exact plotline I predicted after watching the first episode), cheesey as hell and a total cliché.

Bloody loved it though!

Oh and any FNL fans (Stevo). Season 5 starts on Tuesday. For some reason my Sky box didn't automatically set it despite being series linked from season 4 (it usually remembers shows even from season to season ...). So I went looking on my own and found it just in time.

From Friday, Challenge are going to start showing re-runs of Fun House and freaking Knightmare again.

Spellcasting; F... *... C... K... Y... E... A... H. 

550w_knightmare_4.jpg

• Like 2

Knightmare creeped me out as a young child. I used to think the kids who failed really died in the game and didn't come back. I was very young, mind.

• Like 2

Knightmare creeped me out as a young child. I used to think the kids who failed really died in the game and didn't come back. I was very young, mind.

Haha yeah so did I :D Used to scare the hell out of me! I remember one day in the playground my mate Aaron was saying he wanted to go on it and I shouted at him so much a dinner lady had to get involved.

• Like 2

Just watched the latest episode myself. My memory might be fuzzy as it's been a while since I read book 3, but I seem to be thinking they took quite a few liberties with the storylines of multiple characters in that one.

I had exactly then same feeling and the same problem with fuzzy memory. There were several occasions when I found myself thinking, "Huh? That doesn't resonate with my memory". The wall climb bits I'm sure were pretty different.

Just watched the latest episode myself. My memory might be fuzzy as it's been a while since I read book 3, but I seem to be thinking they took quite a few liberties with the storylines of multiple characters in that one.

I had exactly then same feeling and the same problem with fuzzy memory. There were several occasions when I found myself thinking, "Huh? That doesn't resonate with my memory". The wall climb bits I'm sure were pretty different.

I seem to think that in the book Jon and Ygritte didn't climb the wall at all, but I could be wrong. The main part I thought was weird was the whole thing with Melisandre meeting with the Brotherhood Without Banners. I don't remember that at all. I'm also pretty sure that Gendry stays with the Brotherhood and that's the last you've heard of him up until the most recent book, almost like George R. R. Martin forgot about him. I don't recall anything about Melisandre taking him - I assume - back to Stannis. Again, I could be wrong, it's been a while since I've read the books.

So what TV show to watch next.

I'm thinking between

Person of Interest, Justified or The Shield

I love Battlestar Galactica, Breaking Bad, The Wire, Game of Thrones, Boardwalk Empire etc.. so not "preferred" genre. 

Too many seasons, I don't like shows that run on forever. That's why I've never watched the Shield thus far, 7 seasons seems too much

Edited by CVByrne

I agree that can happen, but they're all really good. Some seasons are better than others of course. The next season which starts airing in a couple of months is the final one apparently.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â