Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

Folski

Despite saying otherwise I've started reading the books. Only about a quarter into Game of Thrones but roundly enjoying it. Knowing what's coming constantly is a bit of an annoyance and I don't think GRRM is that good of a writer in truth but its enjoyable enough.

Can't wait for the series to return though.

They're on my (admittedly quite long) list of things to read.

My Dad got them for Christmas so they're readily available for me :D

Definitely recommend the books too. I've never been a fan of "epic fantasy" but this story is fantastic.

• Like 1

Does anyone on here watch Sons Of Anarchy?

I wanted to start watching something that I had heard of but hadn't seen before and I decided on this. I watched a couple of episodes of the first season and became hooked. A few weeks before Christmas I ended up going through seasons 1 - 5 in less than two weeks! I watched almost 70 episodes within 10 or 11 days. ****! That sounds quite sad really doesn't it. I assure you that I do have a life and I do go outside.

Does anyone on here watch Sons Of Anarchy?

I wanted to start watching something that I had heard of but hadn't seen before and I decided on this. I watched a couple of episodes of the first season and became hooked. A few weeks before Christmas I ended up going through seasons 1 - 5 in less than two weeks! I watched almost 70 episodes within 10 or 11 days. ****! That sounds quite sad really doesn't it. I assure you that I do have a life and I do go outside.

Done the same thing

I know I've said it before (plenty of times :)) but anyone with an interest in the GoT series really should read the books. They are utterly fantastic and really give the charcters and story the flesh it deserves.

I've read the books - they are very good and well written but the major complaint is that GRRM got carried away and let the project run away with him - like a Tarantino film there is a great deal of uneccessary padding that could/should have been edited out because it does get a bit waffly.

I also found the "Red Wedding" particularly difficult, it was superbly well written and executed but for me, I only really invested in the characters of Jon Snow, Robb Stark, Tyrion and Daenerys so to lose Robb so "early" on in the series was really tough. I couldn't give a **** about Theon and the Iron Islands stuff -That said, the TV version of the "Red Wedding" is going to be so **** epic!

Edited by Eames

Bye bye Fringe. 5 years eh? The ending was OK. Nothing great.

I can't help feel that they could've shown us a bit more of the altered time i.e. shown us Walter and Michael in 2167 maybe. In the end they chopped it about as abruptly as they could have.

Just watched the last episode and have to agree there. Although the ending was Ok, could have been better.

Edited by AVFCforever1991

I didn't like Forbrydelsen II. Not a patch on the original.

I agree. But it would have been an unbelievable feat of TV to have it as good as Season 1. The last series is something of a return to form though. Really enjoyed it. (Still not up to season one standards though).

Spartacus 

Wow

Just when i thought it couldn't get anymore brutal it did

Do I have to stay out of this thread now too if people start commenting on stuff that hasn't aired on British TV yet. I've done you and everyone else a favour by spoilering the bit that shouldn't have been viewable.

Anybody been watching "The Following"

I think its brilliant James Purefoy is awesome I instantly recognise him as Mark Anthony from Rome another series which he was excellent in

I'm glad to see Kevin Bacon back acting again i wish he would can the cheesy adverts though

How can you not like Kevin Bacon? I think he's a good sport for doing those adverts, He obviously has a sense of humour, he did Footloose after all.

I've been watching The Following. I like it, though...

...I find the Poe worship pretty cheesy. It detracts from Purefoy's character. They're trying to paint him as a highly intelligent and manipulative killer, but the Poe stuff just makes him sound like a little fanboy at times. It takes it too far I think. I'll still watch it though, it is pretty good.

Also, can't wait for GoT to start back up again. Book 3 is my absolute favourite. Everything happens, all kinds of shit goes down. Brilliant. It's gonna be tight y'all!

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â