Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

Folski

Douglas is cancelled. 

I tried to give it a chance....but it's really going nowhere, unless I am missing subtle digs at the industry ? 

Meh 3/10.

12 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Douglas is cancelled. 

I tried to give it a chance....but it's really going nowhere, unless I am missing subtle digs at the industry ? 

Meh 3/10.

It's actually quite a perceptive show. Gets better as it goes on.  There are twists later on. 

A solid 7/10 for me. 

On 24/07/2024 at 10:50, Designer1 said:

Didn't know that had started. I'm intrigued because I adore the movie and I like Taika when he's not going OTT (which he is capable of doing ***Love and Thunder***) - have you watched any of it?

Only two episodes available so far. Watched them last night and quite enjoyed it. It's clear they're trying to invoke the spirit of Goonies-type films from the 80s, a bit like Cornish's The Kid Who Would be King. I'm hoping it gets better as I was slightly underwhelmed so far (but then I did watch it at 1am so it might just be that I was too tired to give it my full attention).

3 minutes ago, choffer said:

It's clear they're trying to invoke the spirit of Goonies-type films from the 80s, a bit like Cornish's The Kid Who Would be King

Sounds like the subversive tone of the movie has been lost a bit in that case, which would be a shame :( 

19 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Sounds like the subversive tone of the movie has been lost a bit in that case, which would be a shame :( 

I can't speak to that as although I've seen the original film, I was 8 at the time. Always meant to go back and give it another viewing. Might well do that while I wait for more episodes to be available. 

• Like 1

Watched the first five episodes of the final season of Cobra Kai.

Yeah, I'm glad they are wrapping it up with this series. It's been a good bit of fun on the whole but it's definitely lost it's spark from the first couple of seasons, and the amount of recycling of storylines is getting silly now.

One big positive (again) though is Peyton List. She's a great actor and hopefully she'll go on to bigger and better things.

5 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Yeah, I'm glad they are wrapping it up with this series. It's been a good bit of fun on the whole but it's definitely lost it's spark from the first couple of seasons, and the amount of recycling of storylines is getting silly now.

One big positive (again) though is Peyton List. She's a great actor and hopefully she'll go on to bigger and better things.

I watched it all the other day, and I still can't get my head round why Karate is still so popular in the Valley? 

Also they're all in their late teens, shouldn't they be doing drugs, getting drunk, and trying to get it on with each other? What's wrong with those kids? 

Anyway, I'm gutted we have to wait till November for the final episodes. 

Edited by dAVe80

40 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

I watched it all the other day, and I still can't get my head round why Karate is still so popular in the Valley? 

Also they're all in their late teens, shouldn't they be doing drugs, getting drunk, and trying to get it on with each other? What's wrong with those kids? 

Anyway, I'm gutted we have to wait till November for the final episodes. 

Suspend your disbelief 😉

I have not watched this so I have no answers. The original film came out when I was 18 and already running wild, so it never resonated with me like it has with people a bit younger. Same but even more so with Goonies 

18 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Larry David telling Christian Slater he has gone "over his allotment" in regards to helping himself to the cavair. No - one does the "Unwritten Rules" like Larry David.

That’s why he’s the Social Assassin 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Also late to the party, but now the first three series of Yellowstone are on C5, we're watching that. Cheesy AF, but enjoyable. Like a 21st Century 'Dallas'. 

And for yet another bit of Euro police procedural, Ice Cold Murders (Rocco Schiavone) on C4 is fun. 

Edited by mjmooney

On 26/07/2024 at 10:54, Designer1 said:

Yeah I binged all 5 when they came out , I need closure on the story 

Seeing the story arc of Johnny in season 1 was great and I’ve enjoyed the little bits of nostalgia but they need to wrap it up now , indeed should have done after 2 seasons / 3 at a stretch

• Like 2

My (related) contribution to the cobra kai chat is that there are two Peyton Lists. A little slip up from the screen actors guild.

I’m vaguely more familiar with the one that’s not in cobra kai.

14 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Very late to the party, but thoroughly enjoying Mr. Robot.

How are you watching it. I'm trying to use ITVX app but the constant interruptions and ads are really ruining it.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â