Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

Folski

19 hours ago, villa4europe said:

shogun up for the most emmys (25) no surprise there

Thoroughly deserved. I was happy to see Fargo season 6 getting some recognition too. If ever a show was a lament to the "Trump Yellers" this was it.

• Like 1

The boys has been a misstep this season, gone a bit too far whereas it's commentary on America and trump was perfect in previous seasons, the central story arc was weak as were the new characters, Ryan is a terrible character 

Hopefully ends on a high with 5 but feels like it's run it's course 

On 18/07/2024 at 22:07, hogso said:

The Boys season 4 finale. Woof! 

I didnt even now that was the finale. Lame

Ove all i would say this is the worst season of the lot

Rewatching Narcos. The seasons with Pablo Escobar is still fantastic TV and I forgot how good Wagner Moura was in it. 3rd season with Cali not so good this time.

• Like 1

Just warming to season 3 of Vikings Valhalla. Queen Emma, showing the men how you accommodate "Power". It was worth it just for Godwin's expression. 

I'm looking forward to the struggle between Harald and Manikaes. 

Edited by sheepyvillian

Finished Those About To Die. Roman politics scheming mixed with some gladiator stuff, some chariot racing and some T&A so people keep watching. Some gore in it and some less than stellar CGI in places. Not great but OK.  Perfectly fine 6/10 summer fare.

On 20/07/2024 at 17:37, Demitri_C said:

I didnt even now that was the finale. Lame

Ove all i would say this is the worst season of the lot

I preferred 4 to 3 but I liked both.

The first two seasons set the bar so high though.

13 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I preferred 4 to 3 but I liked both.

The first two seasons set the bar so high though.

Yeah definitely. First season was best for me

34 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah definitely. First season was best for me

2 was the peak for me, this scene in particular 

At it's best the boys is a commentary on the united states, just told in the context of superheroes and a funny speaking anti hero who swears a lot

Replace supes with terrorists and this says so much about American society (or at least how I perceive it)

It dipped in Season 3 but I still thought they did an ok job linking homelander to trump, Season 4 lost it, firestarter or whatever her name is was too on the nose whereas storm front was believable 

Very disappointed with the last couple of episodes of Vikings. Rushed and throwaway, with plotlines unresolved - looks like they're hoping to get another series, to finish it properly by getting to 1066. My bet is they won't. Damp squib ending to what had been an epic series. 

Anyone seen 'Dead Hot' on Prime?

Really good, funny, absorbing, whodunnit, missing/ dead person mystery.  

The main character does come across as an annoying clearing in the woods, but I think he's meant to.

Well worth a few hours of your time.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Anthony said:

Anyone got any opinions on Time Bandits on that Apple?

Didn't know that had started. I'm intrigued because I adore the movie and I like Taika when he's not going OTT (which he is capable of doing ***Love and Thunder***) - have you watched any of it?

Edited by Designer1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Didn't know that had started. I'm intrigued because I adore the movie and I like Taika when he's not going OTT (which he is capable of doing ***Love and Thunder***) - have you watched any of it?

No, the first I even knew it existed was a 5 star review in the Grauniad:

Gilliam was not involved in the production, but he will surely be pleased to see his legacy so beautifully preserved, in all its daftness and with all its wit.

Am always wary of extreme good/bad reviews, so I tend to try to get a broad selection. Whilst I could hunt around for other reviews though, I prefer to come here cos there's a good mix of views and lots of honesty.

Edited by Anthony
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Very disappointed with the last couple of episodes of Vikings. Rushed and throwaway, with plotlines unresolved - looks like they're hoping to get another series, to finish it properly by getting to 1066. My bet is they won't. Damp squib ending to what had been an epic series. 

No fourth season, apparently it was always going to be three and done.

• Sad 1

Obviously not a good TV show but I've heard so many bad reviews about the "comedy" Piggies that I definitely won't watch it, even though I think Mark Heap is immensely funny.

I'm not sure why he even signed up for this if it's so bad.

28 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Obviously not a good TV show but I've heard so many bad reviews about the "comedy" Piggies that I definitely won't watch it, even though I think Mark Heap is immensely funny.

We cautiously watched the first episode. We tried really hard, but my gf and I couldn't find anything redeeming about it. Actually, no, we both agreed that one of the actors looked talented, but had nothing to work with. There are no characters in it, only character traits, and one per individual. You don't care about any of them. None are people you would root for, and the only ones you care about enough to want bad things to happen to, are the team that came up with it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

No fourth season, apparently it was always going to be three and done.

Yeah, I heard that. I could have sworn that they originally planned to go up to 1066, which is the accepted end of the Viking era, with the death of Harald Sigurdson/Hardrada at Stamford Bridge and Harold Godwinson at Hastings. Trouble was, there was too much to cram into the eight remaining episodes. The escape from Constantinople was ridiculous, with Harald rocking up in Norway five minutes later - when if you read the books, the 'real' story of the escape was way more epic with huge dramatic potential, but it was ignored. Then the whole Emma/Harefoot/Prince Edward/Earl Godwin/Duchy of Normandy saga was just about to get interesting, and... slam, roll the credits. I don't usually care, but I feel more annoyed by this than I have been about any other TV series for a long while. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Yeah it's a bit bollocks. Watched a couple of episodes but it's not great, despite the excellent mark heap giving it his best.  

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â