Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

Folski

This weeks episode of Mad Men was brilliant. Season 5 is turning out to be pretty awesome

There's been an amazingly high hit rate this season, even though they've taken to just clubbing you over the head with the theme of each episode.

Can't remember when I wrote that post, but this week's was excellent as well.

I actually think this has been the best season so far. Which is rare for a 5th season of a show.

I've just watched tomorrow nights episode, it doesnt let up another brilliant episode and an unexpected turn.

This weeks episode of Mad Men was brilliant. Season 5 is turning out to be pretty awesome

There's been an amazingly high hit rate this season, even though they've taken to just clubbing you over the head with the theme of each episode.

I actually think this has been the best season so far. Which is rare for a 5th season of a show.

I've just watched tomorrow nights episode, it doesnt let up another brilliant episode and an unexpected turn.

I'm trying not to spoil this, but the spoiler tag doesn't seem to have been implemented here yet.

The two leading candidates for an "unexpected turn" weren't really that unexpected, were they? What happened to ______ was kind of telegraphed as happening to someone from very early in the season (though the specifics were a bit unexpected and not telegraphed) and the past few episodes had been painting him into a corner. As for the other candidate, well, it happens naturally to a lot of people and this person was about the right age.

About the biggest surprise was the sudden rekindling of one of the oldest rivalries at Sterling Cooper [Draper Pryce (Campbell Holloway?)] and the way that rivalry was set up to be turned on its head: that was out of left field!

I'm nearly through to the end of Borgen, which I started because I enjoyed The Killing and the Bridge so much. Its been fantastic, the mix of enclosed stories in each episode and building storyline through the series is magnificent.

Short years ago this kind of programme would never have been aired, and we wouldn't have known about it. So multi channels is at least good for something.

I'm trying not to spoil this, but the spoiler tag doesn't seem to have been implemented here yet.

The two leading candidates for an "unexpected turn" weren't really that unexpected, were they? What happened to ______ was kind of telegraphed as happening to someone from very early in the season (though the specifics were a bit unexpected and not telegraphed) and the past few episodes had been painting him into a corner. As for the other candidate, well, it happens naturally to a lot of people and this person was about the right age.

About the biggest surprise was the sudden rekindling of one of the oldest rivalries at Sterling Cooper [Draper Pryce (Campbell Holloway?)] and the way that rivalry was set up to be turned on its head: that was out of left field!

I'll spoiler tag my response

You're right that someone killing themselves seemed to be coming this season. But I didn't expect it to be Lane. Don't know if that's me being naive, but it surprised me. Especially as I thought he'd have a moment of clarity once he failed the first time and not go through with it.

The irony of the jag not starting was superb.

I also enjoyed the two typical Lane gestures. Breaking his glasses as a "no going back now!" gesture, and hanging himself by the door out of politeness so that whoever found him would know something was wrong before they saw him.

But another brilliant episode. I feel like every season before this was purely building up to this one. Season 5 has propelled it form a good show to a great show, imo. Best thing on TV at the moment, for me.

Was searching for a comedy series to watch and stumbled upon 'Louie', watched two episodes so far and its really good, I'd never even heard of the guy as a stand up never mind that he had his own tv show. Would recommend it, better than a lot of the OTT all American feel good canned laughter stuff.

Yes, it's very good. 1st season was aired on HBO as Lucky Louie with a very different setup and poor production quality. It's wasn't very good, he was basically just re-doing his stand up jokes in episodes, although I do enjoy his humor and still liked it. I think it got cancelled and then picked up by ABC(?) as Louie. Massive improvement on the 1st try and such a breath of fresh air from the usual comedy shows.

98% crap on tv now, i find myself watching man vs food and top gear re-runs on dave lol.

I have just started watching carl sagans cosmos online, Very good stuff indeed, can see where brian cox gets his inspiration.

Is it just me or is there a lack of quality documentaries being made now?

I have just started watching carl sagans cosmos online, Very good stuff indeed, can see where brian cox gets his inspiration.
I have the Cosmose (his pronunciation) box set, and I'm struggling with it. The guy just seems such a dork.

Didn't help that I tried watching it after a BBC classic docu-fest of "Life on Earth", "Civilisation", "The Ascent of Man" and "Alastair Cook's America"; followed by Ken Burns' "The Civil War" and "The West" - all of which are brilliant.

I have the Cosmose (his pronunciation) box set, and I'm struggling with it. The guy just seems such a dork.

Didn't help that I tried watching it after a BBC classic docu-fest of "Life on Earth", "Civilisation", "The Ascent of Man" and "Alastair Cook's America"; followed by Ken Burns' "The Civil War" and "The West" - all of which are brilliant.

Carl Sagan a dork?

carlsagan.jpg

:? :?:

Carl Sagan a dork?

carlsagan.jpg

:? :?:

I'll see your :? And raise you a :angry:

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â