Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

Folski

19 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

It's a bit like the way Mike Leigh approaches scripts. 

Mike Leighs approach is even more loose.

He gets the actor's he wants together and they riff on different characters until he finds the right mix for his (very bare bones) premise/idea.

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Mike Leighs approach is even more loose.

He gets the actor's he wants together and they riff on different characters until he finds the right mix for his (very bare bones) premise/idea.

I thought his "Happy Go Lucky" was an absolute brilliant film. How scary was Eddie Marsden in that as the anally repressed driving instructor?  I also thought Sally Hawkins performance was worthy  of an Oscar. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I thought his "Happy Go Lucky" was an absolute brilliant film. How scary was Eddie Marsden in that as the anally repressed driving instructor?  I also thought Sally Hawkins performance was worthy  of an Oscar. 

Superb film. One of my go to movies if I need a cheer up.

• Like 1

Breaking Bad, when Walt is forced to talk about the plane crash to the school pupils. He reassures them by saying it's only the 50th worst crash, in fact, tied for 50th in aircraft industry, only a show as good as Breaking Bad could make such a tragic situation a funny moment. Just brilliant. 

Wondered what he was up to when I saw him on radio x socials

Saw a snippet of him saying he turned down life on Mars, originally it was being lined up to be him and Ray Winstone

He's done a lot of once upon a time but apart from that it feels like he's been quiet for a long time, I'd probably watch the FM series but more out of nostalgia, the film is very good

On 06/06/2023 at 22:03, sheepyvillian said:

Anyone excited about "Justified" returning? I just caught a peek of the trailer on YouTube. It's set in Detroit and I, for one, will be watching. Love me some Raylan Givens..

spacer.png

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Been watching Citadel, can’t say it’s the best thing I’ve ever seen but a couple of things keep on dragging me back to it 

I lasted about one and a half episodes of that show. The first episode starting with someone saying they had a thermal nuclear device in a briefcase had me rolling my eyes. 

• Like 1

On 06/06/2023 at 22:03, sheepyvillian said:

Anyone excited about "Justified" returning? I just caught a peek of the trailer on YouTube. It's set in Detroit and I, for one, will be watching. Love me some Raylan Givens..

Didn't know this was coming out. Hopefully be good.

Will have to rewatch the original now and hoping Boyd somehow makes an appearance in the new one.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Been watching Citadel, can’t say it’s the best thing I’ve ever seen but a couple of things keep on dragging me back to it 

spacer.png

No idea what you mean 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Didn't know this was coming out. Hopefully be good.

Will have to rewatch the original now and hoping Boyd somehow makes an appearance in the new one.

Boyd and Givens, arguably two of the greatest adversaries too grace a TV screen. Olyphant and Goggins killed it on that show.

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â