Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

Folski

3 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Great to see F. Murray Abraham still doing his thing in The White Lotus. Always liked him from his roles in Scarface and Amadeus. 

The Name of the Rose, Loaded Weapon... He's been in some great movies. 

44 minutes ago, sne said:

Just finished the first season of Deadwood. Never watched it in full back in the day but remembers some of it. It's not bad.

One of the most immersive shows I've ever seen. Quality.

• Like 2

On 11/02/2023 at 17:48, stegzy said:

Not sure if it’s been talked about on here but I just watched Mr Inbetween on Disney + after seeing a suggestion on IMDB. What an amazing show about an Aussie hit man. It has an 8.6 rating on IMDB so is highly rated by the fee that have seen it. 

Great find this mate. 

Just finished season one and like others who are now watching it me and my mrs are loving it. I'd say the only slight criticism is that the episodes are ridiculously short at just over 20 mins. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Another vote after binging 3 seasons of Mr. Inbetween.

Nowhere near some of the shows some folks were talking about (BCS, BB) as there just isn't the character development.

But that's whats great about Ray.

Spoiler

He just has zero feeling toward death and violence. Obviously he loves his daughter and has empathy towards his friends. But his cold nonchalance towards death is somehow riveting.

But beyond that it could get a little monotonous which is why I think the writer (who also plays Ray) has said Season 3 is the last.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, sne said:

Just finished the first season of Deadwood. Never watched it in full back in the day but remembers some of it. It's not bad.

I seem to remember with the language they use I didn't understand enough of it to really get in to it, bit like how some struggle with the wire, might try it again with subtitles

16 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I seem to remember with the language they use I didn't understand enough of it to really get in to it, bit like how some struggle with the wire, might try it again with subtitles

The language isn't an issue for me this time around and no doubt it had subtitles back when it aired in Sweden. Guess HBO didn't do bleeping in the US because if they did it would have been impossible to watch due to the swearing :D 

Still finishing my rebinge of season 1 of Fargo. Laugh out loud moment when the Bob Odenkirk character says to Molly, after she tells him he's still wrong about the case: "that's just how it is sometimes, life! You know, you go to bed sometimes unsatisfied. They're  calling lottery numbers on the TV, and you get the first few,  and already in your mind you're buying a jet or a Ford or whatever, but it's just not meant to be". The way the chief keeps looking behind at his colleague, as if to say, "Plato never had shit on me". Absolutely fine acting. 

Also, I thought Keith Carradine was great in this. He's a fine example of the art of understated acting.

2 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Lost count how many times I've binged it. Terrific dialogue and Al Swearengen is definitely up there with some of the great TV characters. 

Stole every scene he was in. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â