Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

Folski

I admit a slight soft spot for The Gilded Age. What I didn't know  till just now was that the girl who plays Marian is the daughter of Meryl Streep. Now I know, the resemblance is definitely there, and she isn't a bad actress at all, although that is one high bar her mother has set 

Edited by sheepyvillian

The only thing that really annoys me in Gomorrah is Gennaro's hairstyle. What the feck is that all about. 

Imagine in this country a top level gangster with that hairstyle? I don't think so.

Edited by sheepyvillian

Entertaining first episode of Slow Horses but don't expect much originality 🙂

Oldmans character is close to parody, and you can already sense where the story will go.

5 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Entertaining first episode of Slow Horses but don't expect much originality 🙂

Oldmans character is close to parody, and you can already sense where the story will go.

Felt like an episode of spooks with a dirty old man/Oldman to me. 
Fairly sure I’ll stick with it but it didn’t feel like anything we’ve not seen before. 

• Like 1

Weekly reminder for everyone to watch Severance.

Last episode out tomorrow and it's well on track to be one of my favourite series ever.

The only major downside is no **** seems to be watching it, so I have no one to talk to about how good it is. I get that it's Apple TV, but hordes of people sought out Ted Lasso and that doesn't even come close.

6 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Last episode out tomorrow and it's well on track to be one of my favourite series ever.

The only major downside is no **** seems to be watching it, so I have no one to talk to about how good it is. I get that it's Apple TV, but hordes of people sought out Ted Lasso and that doesn't even come close.

On your recommendation I will jump on my pirate ship this morning and check this out 😉

• Like 1

I think I’ll have to renew Apple TV+ for a month to watch Severance and the latest batch of The Problem With… 

Then cancel it again until Ted Lasso returns. 

2 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

The Jimmy Saville Netflix documentary is very good 9/10.

My Dutch Mrs watched it astonished.  Hiding in plain sight doesn't really cover it.

Did you watch both episodes, if so did it hold your interest across both?

7 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I'm on ep3 and I'm struggling to stick with it tbh. I'm finding it a bit dull 😑 

51 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Did you watch both episodes, if so did it hold your interest across both?

Yes and yes.  I thought it was a well made documentary and had a good timeline across the episodes.

He was such a very odd man even without all the kids stuff.

There is a clip of Saville and Glitter on the same program,  watch this clip. 

Glitter scares the **** out of me and I am 50.  He scans the audience with Saville looking for nice ones.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Yes and yes.  I thought it was a well made documentary and had a good timeline across the episodes.

He was such a very odd man even without all the kids stuff.

There is a clip of Saville and Glitter on the same program,  watch this clip. 

Glitter scares the **** out of me and I am 50.  He scans the audience with Saville looking for nice ones.  

Going to watch it today all being well. 

• Like 1

i've got 20 minutes left of it

without trying to spoil it its well put together, episode 1 is pretty much here's who he was and here's why he was so famous and just how famous he was, episode 2 is here's who he really was and the knowledge of what he is makes all his quips so uncomfortable to hear

im too young to really know him, i know of him and jim'll fix it but didnt read papers or listen to interviews and stuff so its maybe easy for me to watch it and say how did people not know that he's a bit weird, he's a proper dirty old horrible word removed and people are just giggling at him and empowering him, the morning tv stuff where he's not flirting with the female presenter he's just outright being a dick and they laugh it off "oh jimmy what are you like" its mental watching it now

Spoiler

i "liked" the way that they first went in to the details and interviewed a victim of his i knew it was coming but it just kind of came and the story that the lady told about being in church with him putting his fingers in her mouth, it was disgusting and the way they dropped it in and the extent that she was willing to go to tell her story i thought was really powerful, at the end where she says it was her fault she should have shouted out so someone could see it was heartbreaking, i did well not to cry if im honest

it got me again this morning as i drove in to work i was rethinking that poor ladys story and its haunting typing it now and like i said ive got 20 minutes left, they dont need to bring on more and more accounts of what he did she hit me that hard its enough

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

i got all available episodes from the high seas this week actually so will probably start watching tonight

12 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Better call Saul in 11 days. YESSSSSSSSS.

I really so wanted this to be good watching, based on how the character was in BB but he seems to be too nice without much shadiness. 

Just my opinion, mind.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â