Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

Folski

Not sure I’ve seen mention of Yellowjackets yet. I wasn’t keen but the OH wanted to and it’s turned out to be much better than expected. Not at all what I thought it was going to be. 

Can't remember who bought it up, bought there was a discussion about the original twight zone series and I mentioned a similar series from the 60s called the outer limits, well it's being rerun on the talking pictures channel from this Thursday 8pm. Hope this finds the right person.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, choffer said:

Not sure I’ve seen mention of Yellowjackets yet. I wasn’t keen but the OH wanted to and it’s turned out to be much better than expected. Not at all what I thought it was going to be. 

I thought it was complete nonsense, but it keeps going along.

2 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Can't remember who bought it up, bought there was a discussion about the original twight zone series and I mentioned a similar series from the 60s called the outer limits, well it's being rerun on the talking pictures channel from this Thursday 8pm. Hope this finds the right person.

I don’t think it was me, but cheers for the alert. I’m kinda interested in those sort of anthology shows where it seemed like they were saying “Shall we try this out for this week’s episode?” Even if it doesn’t work it’s often imaginative. So will try and remember to catch it. 

You can occasionally find a nice bit of nostalgia from around that era on those kind of freeview channels. A few months ago I found myself watching an episode of “The Time Tunnel”. I remember watching repeats of that when I was kid, hadn’t seen it in about 30 years.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I thought it was complete nonsense, but it keeps going along.

I might well end up agreeing with you but we are only a few episodes in so far. My relief at this stage is mostly that it’s not turned out to be what I was expecting. It’ll win no gongs and won’t live long in the memory but it’s all jolly fun so far.

1 minute ago, choffer said:

I might well end up agreeing with you but we are only a few episodes in so far. My relief at this stage is mostly that it’s not turned out to be what I was expecting. It’ll win no gongs and won’t live long in the memory but it’s all jolly fun so far.

What were you expecting? I guess I was expecting - on the basis of nothing apart from the words 'girls soccer team' - a show with lots of ladies football, which given how little idea the show seemed to have about the sport in the opening episode it's probably a relief that fell totally by the wayside.

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

What were you expecting? I guess I was expecting - on the basis of nothing apart from the words 'girls soccer team' - a show with lots of ladies football, which given how little idea the show seemed to have about the sport in the opening episode it's probably a relief that fell totally by the wayside.

It was a show the other half kept proposing. On that basis alone, I was expecting it to be bobbins. That’s about as much as I thought about it to be honest.

• Haha 1

JFK Destiny Betrayed is a fascinating watch… that it’s Oliver Stone it would be easy to dismiss it as conspiracy nonsense but it’s very well researched and with lots of background story on events pre the assassination.

I'm in the camp that they’ve proven beyond doubt the bullets came from the Texas Book store depository and nowhere else … and yet this show , with the caveat that they are only showing a one sided take on everything and no counter opinion  , does throw up some interesting evidence I.e

the alleged magic bullet in evidence appears to not be the bullet originally found at Parkland hospital … 

the gun found at the scene isn’t the same gun Oswald allegedly ordered from mail order , different barrel length , different placement of the straps 

It’s not all compelling evidence some of it is hearsay and circumstantial  and I’m sure a few Google searches will debunk everything on the documentary and that the outcome is still Oswald acted alone ….

anyway , if you have any interest on the JFK assassination it’s worth checking out 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I don’t think it was me, but cheers for the alert. I’m kinda interested in those sort of anthology shows where it seemed like they were saying “Shall we try this out for this week’s episode?” Even if it doesn’t work it’s often imaginative. So will try and remember to catch it. 

You can occasionally find a nice bit of nostalgia from around that era on those kind of freeview channels. A few months ago I found myself watching an episode of “The Time Tunnel”. I remember watching repeats of that when I was kid, hadn’t seen it in about 30 years.

Hope you like it.

Agree some of that stuff back then was fascinating and depending how old you were at the time, some were terrifying. 

Here's the intro to the outer limits, it's close to this.....

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

JFK Destiny Betrayed is a fascinating watch… that it’s Oliver Stone it would be easy to dismiss it as conspiracy nonsense but it’s very well researched and with lots of background story on events pre the assassination.

I'm in the camp that they’ve proven beyond doubt the bullets came from the Texas Book store depository and nowhere else … and yet this show , with the caveat that they are only showing a one sided take on everything and no counter opinion  , does throw up some interesting evidence I.e

the alleged magic bullet in evidence appears to not be the bullet originally found at Parkland hospital … 

the gun found at the scene isn’t the same gun Oswald allegedly ordered from mail order , different barrel length , different placement of the straps 

It’s not all compelling evidence some of it is hearsay and circumstantial  and I’m sure a few Google searches will debunk everything on the documentary and that the outcome is still Oswald acted alone ….

anyway , if you have any interest on the JFK assassination it’s worth checking out 

i'll give that a go, i read his book untold history of the united states and they did a documentary series on that and that sounded kind of the same, some really interesting well thought out arguments and perspectives with a sprinkle of crazyness and bullshit but at the very least it got the cogs turning, the hiroshima stuff in particular resonated with me (war crime, they dont like to tell you about the russian invasion etc) whereas some of the other stuff wasnt as good

just seeing the name in your post reminded me Parkland is a really good film based on the hospital staff on the day of the shooting and then to the same effect theres a film about the hotel staff when bobby got shot thats worth a watch too

58 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

just seeing the name in your post reminded me Parkland is a really good film based on the hospital staff on the day of the shooting and then to the same effect theres a film about the hotel staff when bobby got shot thats worth a watch too

I think Parkland was produced by Tom Hanks , remember watching it a few years back but when I wrote my post yesterday I thought I should watch that film again 

Bobby is indeed another good film , think I’ll give that a rewatch as well :)

i ended up on various JFK websites last night , boy the conspiracy people are passionate , there is a photo that they claim shows Oswald on the steps watching the motorcade that has been proven to be his co-worker Billy Lovelady, there is tv and photographic evidence and Loveday can even be seen at the Dallas police station wearing the same clothes as the person on the step  (accidentally caught by a tv crew filming Oswald ) … but the conspiracy people won’t have it … 

That said some of the conspiracy stuff is interesting .. the Tippet murder is a conspiracy in its own right with some interesting theories … my favourite is that he looked a  bit like Kennedy and he was killed so his body could be used in the JFK autopsy photos 

you could lose months of your life reading this stuff 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Watched the first episode of times square killer, it's OK, makes me want to watch the deuce again more than anything else 

Just finished this, good little 3 parter. I never knew Times Square had such a seedy history so I learnt a fair bit.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â