Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

Folski

7 minutes ago, Xela said:

For those who haven't seen it before

Sure, why not? Only watched it about five times start to finish. I can do a sixth, no problem. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Xela said:

For those who haven't seen it before

Never seen an episode of it tbh. Whenever I've caught a minute here and there it's always looked unfunny and shit.

I do however realise it has a good reputation, so I may watch a couple of episodes to see if it sticks.

• Like 2

Just now, Designer1 said:

Never seen an episode of it tbh. Whenever I've caught a minute here and there it's always looked unfunny and shit.

I do however realise it has a good reputation, so I may watch a couple of episodes to see if it sticks.

You can dip in and out of seasons. Can I suggest The Contest as a starting point. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Same, I always put in the same bracket as Everybody loves Raymond.

3 hours ago, troon_villan said:

Same, I always put in the same bracket as Everybody loves Raymond.

Nope. Nonononono. Nopenopetynono. Just no. Negative. Nooooooooo. 

Not similar in any kind of way. Not even remotely in the same league. 

Don’t get me wrong, I have nothing against Raymond. It’s a fine show for what it is. But Seinfeld is comedy art, groundbreaking, genre defining, and, most importantly, insanely funny. 

Edited by El Zen
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

The problem for me with US comedy will always be the audience laugh track.  If I can get my head round it after a few episodes I will probably love Seinfeld as I love Curb.  It's going to take some willpower but I will try my best.

But if Seinfeld didn’t have a laugh track, how would we know where the funny bits were supposed to be?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

But if Seinfeld didn’t have a laugh track, how would we know where the funny bits were supposed to be?

Exactly my point, it's not as if I dislike all comedy that has a laugh track as I do like many, my problem with it is when an actor delivers a line, waits for 2 seconds for fake laughter, then the next actor retorts, waits 2 seconds for more laughter.  It just kills it.  That said I've only seen bits of Seinfeld so willing to give it more time than I would normally because of CYE.

• Like 1

Obviously from my user name (For those who have seen it you will be itk) Seinfeld is my favorite show of all time. It was funny throughout the series which can't be said for a lot of sitcoms and has too many memorable quotes to even count. Their is a reason it won so many awards and tops so many greatest sitcom of all time lists, it is that good. I implore people to watch it and give it a chance.

Serenity Now!

Edited by Big Salad
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Designer1 said:

This is exactly where I am with it.  I suppose I owe it to it's reputation to give it a proper chance.

Does just come across as standard US, forced jokes, canned laughter sitcom.

Edited by Wainy316

17 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Having finished BCS to date recently I actually think it’s superior to BB. 

very cleverly written with some brilliant characters. 

My first thought was that if I watched BCS it might taint my positive experience of Breaking Bad.

Sounds like I need to reconsider.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Genie said:

My first thought was that if I watched BCS it might taint my positive experience of Breaking Bad.

Drop everything and get on it, s1 was great enough,.then it just grows in to something on the same level. It has stayed faithful to the feel of BB, outstanding series, both of them.

• Like 3

Happy to give Seinfeld a shot now that it's accessible (in October).  My comparison to Everybody loves Raymond was based on nothing other than assumption btw, I've never watched a full episode of either.

It also ran while I was between the ages of 3 to 12 so may not have appreciated anyway.

20 hours ago, BOF said:

I've heard this before and it's what put it on my to do list in the first place. I have this prejudice about spin-offs, by default, being worse than what they spun off from, and that's probably mostly true. But it does seem BCS is an exception.

BCS is definitely better. Just make sure you give it the same attention you gave Breaking Bad to appreciate the perfect storyline, the beautiful shots and the incredible acting.

• Like 1

Bob Odenkirk was great in BB but in BCS he is absolutely exceptional.  I am a huge fan of both, but I do tend to leans more towards BCS just simply because most of the characters on BB really got on my nerves towards the end, especially Walter's wife and Jesse **** Pinkman just a big a damn cry baby.

Love all the characters on BCS and looking forward to the new ones.

Edited by Big Salad
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Genie said:

I LOVED Breaking Bad. Watched the first two series of BCS, and thought it was no better than OK. Gave up at that point. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â