Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

Folski

Watching the first 2 seasons of Auf Wiedersehen Pet from the 80s.  Was a little too young when it first aired! Really enjoying it great period piece and good fun.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Watched Epidode 2 of season 2 of Inside Number 9 last night, the 12 Days of Christine. All I can say if you have not seen it do as quickly as you can.  A masterpiece of TV, more happens in half an hour than in most six part series’s, left me quite gobsmacked 

Brilliant episode. Sheridan Smith is wonderful in it. Not just this episode, Inside No.9 in most episodes achieves more than most shows do in a season. Given that (nearly) every episode is completely new characters/story with its own themes is phenomenal. Definite must see TV.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, choffer said:

Space Force really is awful. Not sure why I was expecting anything else but I’m amazed I’m six episodes in so far. I think I’m just intrigued to see if there’s a single laugh in it. 

I really liked it, but the general critical consensus definitely sides with yourself.  I'd watch John Malkovich do pretty much anything and be entertained though.

• Like 3

Watched Berlin Alexanderplatz (German: [bɛɐ̯ˈliːn ʔalɛˈksandɐˌplats]), originally broadcast in 1980, a 14-part West German television miniseries, set in 1920s Berlin and adapted and directed by Rainer Werner Fassbinder from Alfred Döblin's novel of the same name. Follows the main character as he's released from jail and attempts to stay out of trouble and become a different person, but eventually gets involved with criminal activity again. I liked it a lot thought it was really well acted with a good storyline, pleasing to look at with the way it's shot, and some nice sound design too.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

Brilliant episode. Sheridan Smith is wonderful in it. Not just this episode, Inside No.9 in most episodes achieves more than most shows do in a season. Given that (nearly) every episode is completely new characters/story with its own themes is phenomenal. Definite must see TV.

Did you have a wee snivel at the end 😭 I did. The one about the matching shoes was very moving as well. Like you say all are quality

• Like 1

Also been watching a mocumentary about Vampires living in a house in America called What we do in the shadows, daft but very funny and Matt Berry is superb in it  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, choffer said:

Space Force really is awful. Not sure why I was expecting anything else but I’m amazed I’m six episodes in so far. I think I’m just intrigued to see if there’s a single laugh in it. 

I got about halfway through episode two and that was more than enough. They've chucked a huge budget at it for cast and fancy sets, but it's just not funny. Often the way for American sitcoms though. I still find it hard to believe that Community and How I Met Your Mother are supposed to be comedies.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Did you have a wee snivel at the end 😭 I did. The one about the matching shoes was very moving as well. Like you say all are quality

No.... 

Cry Reaction GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GarethRDR said:

I really liked it, but the general critical consensus definitely sides with yourself.  I'd watch John Malkovich do pretty much anything and be entertained though.

I’ve only watched the first one, but I liked it too. 

Some of the gags missed the mark, but I chuckled in a few places. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, S-Platt said:

Watching the first 2 seasons of Auf Wiedersehen Pet from the 80s.  Was a little too young when it first aired! Really enjoying it great period piece and good fun.

Fantastic stuff and very funny/enjoyable.  Further series not so good for me though and that’s being kind.  

12 hours ago, GarethRDR said:

The one bright spot for me. I don’t think I’ve ever seen him in anything and not love him. 

11 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I got about halfway through episode two and that was more than enough. They've chucked a huge budget at it for cast and fancy sets, but it's just not funny. Often the way for American sitcoms though. I still find it hard to believe that Community and How I Met Your Mother are supposed to be comedies.

2 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Whhhaaattttt??? Community is one of the all time great comedies. 

Putting Community and How I Met Your Mother in the same bracket is an insult to Community.

It didn't have the stamina as it got quite shit towards the end, but for a large part of it's run Community is absolutely brilliant.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Yes I did as a result of the series, I think I would have appreciated it more if I had not already got used to the series vampires and especially Berry who I find hilarious but still a good film with plenty of laughs 

On 01/06/2020 at 10:13, Phil Silvers said:

May I recommend going back in time, Charlie Chaplin, W.C.Fields, Laurel and Hardy, Marx Brothers, Abbott and Costello etc. May not be your thing of course but for me we have never seen better than from that Golden Age.

Buster Keaton, I was mesmerised by watching him as a five or six year old boy and then a few years later I found out one of my new heroes Jackie Chan was a massive fan.

Thirty-five years later I'm introducing the genius of Keaton to my two oldest boys who are eight and Five years old and to see their responses to his hilarious early works from the silent period is a delight.

Watch the short 'Cops' (1922), a trail-blazing work of a genius.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Buster Keaton, I was mesmerised by watching him as a five or six year old boy and then a few years later I found out one of my new heroes Jackie Chan was a massive fan.

Thirty-five years later I'm introducing the genius of Keaton to my two oldest boys who are eight and Five years old and to see their responses to his hilarious early works from the silent period is a delight.

Watch the short 'Cops' (1922), a trail-blazing work of a genius.

I would have seen that years ago but will look it up, cheers, check out Harold Lloyd too then if you like BK, HL was mental, the stunts were literally death defying and huge fun. 

edit...… just watched cops, amazing. 

Edited by Phil Silvers
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Putting Community and How I Met Your Mother in the same bracket is an insult to Community.

It's a lot nicer than some of the things I'd say about Community if it wasn't for the swear filter. :) 

It's popular, but it's not for me at all, I think I got about half way through season 2 before I realised that while it was fairly pleasant, inoffensive viewing, it just didn't make me laugh. Same for The (US) Office, Parks and Rec, Brooklyn 99. There's just something about that style of US sitcom that really rubs me up the wrong way and I find them just so bland.

I think the only US Sitcoms I really enjoy are IASIP and Curb Your Enthusiasm.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â