Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Normal People anyone? Can't remember a new show/adaptation with such unanimously great reviews.

I'm 7 in and enjoying it although it's starting to loop back on itself a wee bit.

• Like 1

On 07/05/2020 at 20:14, theboyangel said:

Having read and enjoyed the trilogy by Stephen King, we’re starting Mr Mercedes tonight. 

I loved the first season, it's hard to find anything not to like when Brendan Gleeson's in it. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I loved the first season, it's hard to find anything not to like when Brendan Gleeson's in it. 

He is on top form (and good to hear his rough Irish brogue!) but think Harry treadaway as Brady Hartsfield is equally as well cast. 

skipping movie nights this weekend to get through season 1 😁

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Normal People anyone? Can't remember a new show/adaptation with such unanimously great reviews.

I'm 7 in and enjoying it although it's starting to loop back on itself a wee bit.

Its solidly good but the change in director for the last 6 episodes is noticeable I thought, Lenny Abrahamson is the greatest director to ever come out of Ireland. The two leads should have big futures too.

I'm stuck in Rake at the moment on Netflix, don't know how I've never heard of it before. It's serious yet hilarious and very well written. I could not recommend it highly enough,

3 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Its solidly good but the change in director for the last 6 episodes is noticeable I thought, Lenny Abrahamson is the greatest director to ever come out of Ireland. The two leads should have big futures too.

Interesting, I thought it dipped a bit second half. Story as well as production. Enjoyed.

Leads both brilliant yes.

Just watched two episodes of The Last Dance on Netflix and I'm liking it, great insight through interviews and behind the scenes footage.

OK Jordan was one of the best but I never liked the Bulls, preferred The Rockets myself.

On 05/05/2020 at 22:12, villa4europe said:

Started fleabag seeing as it gets amazing reviews, didn't instantly grab me if I'm honest, the 4th wall stuff takes some getting used to and some of it seems overly cringey on purpose (the teeth guy for example) think as they've added some depth to her via her sister and her dad it's got a bit better, it's solid enough and I'll finish it but I'm not in the 10/10 crowd 

I thought fleabag was crap stopped watching it.

The mrs thought it was shite too

Bit behind the curve on Ozark, I’ve just finished S2. 

Struggled at the start, after a superb 1st season, I thought  it dropped off a bit and found it slow going. 

Them last 3/4 episodes were superb though and I’m right looking forward to S3. 

• Like 2

Have reached an all time low in lockdown viewing! 

I have started to watch (and guiltily enjoyOMG) Forged In Fire on the history channel where knives and bladed weapons are crafted from scratch 🤭

have to say it’s way over the top in stereotyping Hicksville America but the craftsmanship is amazing.

the presenter (particularly is unintentionally hilarious) and the judges make me cringe ‘your blade will kill!’ but the skill involved makes it bearable!

• Like 3

I'm onto Season 4 of Money Heist.

I was a bit worried given someone on here said season 4 was "so bad it's good". But I think it's actually still very good.

It's over the top and getting more and more unrealistic, but it's very very entertaining

• Like 2

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

Have reached an all time low in lockdown viewing! 

I have started to watch (and guiltily enjoyOMG) Forged In Fire on the history channel where knives and bladed weapons are crafted from scratch 🤭

have to say it’s way over the top in stereotyping Hicksville America but the craftsmanship is amazing.

the presenter (particularly is unintentionally hilarious) and the judges make me cringe ‘your blade will kill!’ but the skill involved makes it bearable!

Forged in Fire is great. It's laughably American. Take the Bake Off format but peg it to something that appeals to preppers - making dirty great swords.

Seeing a bloke chop away at some rope before sinisterly turning to the contestant and saying 'It will cut', then start hacking away at a salmon before maniacally saying 'it will kill!' is a TV highlight to be savoured.

The disgust in one episode that a bloke basically cut out a knife shape and sharpened it was similar to what you'd get if a contestant turned up to Bakeoff with a bag of Gregg's doughnuts iced with shit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Forged in Fire is great. It's laughably American. Take the Bake Off format but peg it to something that appeals to preppers - making dirty great swords.

Seeing a bloke chop away at some rope before sinisterly turning to the contestant and saying 'It will cut', then start hacking away at a salmon before maniacally saying 'it will kill!' is a TV highlight to be savoured.

The disgust in one episode that a bloke basically cut out a knife shape and sharpened it was similar to what you'd get if a contestant turned up to Bakeoff with a bag of Gregg's doughnuts iced with shit.

Glad I’m not alone in this! 

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm onto Season 4 of Money Heist.

I was a bit worried given someone on here said season 4 was "so bad it's good". But I think it's actually still very good.

It's over the top and getting more and more unrealistic, but it's very very entertaining

that was me!

its cheesy as **** as has so many plot holes in it that its way beyond plausible at this point and there was a bit too much stormtrooper school of shooting just to get the big set piece shooting gallery in

but its very watchable

17 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

that was me!

its cheesy as **** as has so many plot holes in it that its way beyond plausible at this point and there was a bit too much stormtrooper school of shooting just to get the big set piece shooting gallery in

but its very watchable

It's definitely over the top and implausible, and the plot holes have been there since season 2 in all honesty.

But I think "so bad it's good" is a bit harsh. To me that's reserved for laughably bad shows that you're only watching because of how shit it is. The movie "The Room" being the ultimate example.

Money Heist is genuinely very good, even if it's silly

(on another note, I always thinks it helps when cheesy things are in a different language. It's harder to tell how bad the acting is or cheesy the lines are)

Â