Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

Folski

First 2 eps of Alex Garlands sci-fi/mystery series Devs is out today.

Has a few of his usual actors in it and it has some of the same subjects and stifling feelings from Sunshine, Annihilation and Ex Machina.

First 2 eps are solid, too early to say where it will go. It looks really good thou. Very near future chic.

Devs Poster

Edited by sne
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i think narcos season 2 has shaken off the ghost of Pablo and is actually pretty good

also plodding along with picard, that's solid enough

tried hunters and wasn't overly sold on it but thought id stick with it, for some reason episode 2 is in german only for me, hoping someone gives me a "don't bother its a bit shit", for whatever reason with no real research in to what it was from me I was expecting it to be a bit closer to reality 

On 05/03/2020 at 10:28, sne said:

S2 of Altered Carbon is excruciatingly bad. I kinda enjoyed S1 even thou it wasn't good by any stretch but this season is dreadful

Stay away!

I didn't make it to episode 2 of the first season, and was thinking just the other day that maybe I should give it another chance. I think I will give it a miss after the comments on here. 😄

• Like 1

I just remember Altered Carbon having too many naked willies on it and I find the main actor really annoying, in House of Cards especially.  I've been watching the TV series of Scream.  It's a bit daft but I have an odd liking for US teen dramas and I finished You and 13 Reasons Why a while ago.

15 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Bit late to the party but the first season of Ozark has been brilliant. 

Season 3 starts March 27

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

I just remember Altered Carbon having too many naked willies on it and I find the main actor really annoying, in House of Cards especially.  I've been watching the TV series of Scream.  It's a bit daft but I have an odd liking for US teen dramas and I finished You and 13 Reasons Why a while ago.

Yes, the only thing I remembered about the show was James Purefoy’s massive knob. It was like a baby’s arm, holding an apple. 

What a B*****d! 

20 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

This week's episode of Picard was great. There's something really emotional about seeing Patrick Stewart onscreen again with Jonathan Frakes and Marina Sirtis. Right in the the feels.

I'm waiting for it to finish so we can binge

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’ve started watching Hollyoaks.  I actually like it!  🙈

I used to watch it 10-15 years ago. Liked it. Plenty of top flange on there. Plenty to store in the Royal Bank of Wank. 

Saw it not so long ago and they've changed the style of it... more soft focused like a US show. 

5 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

I'm waiting for it to finish so we can binge

It's tonally very different from TNG. A lot darker and more gritty in terms of themes and dialogue which is a bit jarring at first. It's also been quite a slow burn and very exposition heavy which given the time jump was probably unavoidable but could have been handled better.

That being said the last 3 episodes have picked up quite a bit.

A lot of people haven't liked it at all but overall I think it's been good, but not great. 

• Like 1

Finished the Detectorists - absolutely wonderful. One of my all time favourites already. Love the whimsical nature of it. The characters are extremely likeable and well drawn. The scenery is fantastic. I just want to move to the Suffolk countryside and buy a yellow TR7 now! Crook is one talented chap.

Now moved onto Inspector Morse. Watching all the old ones. He was a bit of sex pest in the first few episodes, always cracking on to female witnesses on the cases he was working. Obviously they look dated but the quality is there... Anthony Minghella directed the first one and had appearances form Roger Lloyd Pack, Clive Swift and Alfred Gough in. Impressed with them, he's an interesting character Morse. 

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â