Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

Folski

2 minutes ago, Risso said:

I was really, really disappointed with it. Good pisstake of The One Show, crap Partridge though. Not a patch on the brilliant Mid Morning Matters which is spot on all of the time. The set up for this is all wrong in my opinion, and didn’t work.

Obviously some great lines like the Fluck/Clunt guest, but it needs more than just one or two headline grabbers like that to work.

Needless to say I completely disagree. I've watched it three times now and it's utterly brilliant from start to finish. The writing and in particular Coogans performance are just top notch.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Needless to say I completely disagree. I've watched it three times now and it's utterly brilliant from start to finish. The writing and in particular Coogans performance are just top notch.

Needles to say...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Finished season one of Titans and it was worth watching even if it does kinda feel more like a mid season break than an actual end of season.

Spoiler

The end credit scene reveal of Superboy also feels a bit rushed as they now basically have the Justice League with Nightwing and Wondergirl already in it and they could have delayed his introduction. He also devalues all the other heroes and spoils them building up Raven all season.

On 18/02/2019 at 19:17, wazzap24 said:

Peaky Blinders is absolutely brilliant and gets better and better as it goes. 

Top quality stuff, one of the best things the BBC has done in ages. 

so long as you view as a gangster story and accept its total fiction then its good viewing. 

The last few minutes of Partridge were quite funny, but overall another very weak effort.  I just don't think the set up or the way they're trying to develop his character is working very well at all.  Hie female co-host is actually the best thing about it.

Finished Russian Doll the other night. Thought it was terrific and for once the finale was especially strong.

Also watching The Kominski Method which is very good. I could watch Alan Arkin read a phone book and it would still raise a smile - absolute curmudgeonly perfection 😁

2 hours ago, hippo said:

so long as you view as a gangster story and accept its total fiction then its good viewing. 

definitely and i think most people do, it captures that romanticism of being a gangster, all the main characters are assholes really but you love them

and show that love via god awful fancy dress costumes

The Assassination of Gianni Versace was decent enough.  

Spoiler

Some of the gayness was very much in your face, but I guess that's a huge part of the story.  I remember him getting killed but never knew he was killed by a serial killer.

13 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

The Assassination of Gianni Versace was decent enough.  

Hide contents

Some of the gayness was very much in your face, but I guess that's a huge part of the story.  I remember him getting killed but never knew he was killed by a serial killer.

I liked it but it wasn't a patch on the OJ one.

Felt too long as well. A lot of filler in there.

But a good watch. I had no idea of the story so was very interesting.

• Like 2

im sure donatella didnt enjoy it!

andrew whatshisface is the interesting character rather than versace which surprised me

sounds like they havent even got a story lined up for season 3 yet, they did buy the rights to a post katrina story but thats gone away

On 05/03/2019 at 10:31, Designer1 said:

Finished Russian Doll the other night. Thought it was terrific and for once the finale was especially strong.

Also watching The Kominski Method which is very good. I could watch Alan Arkin read a phone book and it would still raise a smile - absolute curmudgeonly perfection 😁

We finished The Kominsky Method last night, I hope they do more. Eight episodes wasn't enough.

• Like 1

just re-watched series 1 of Line of Duty as part of a recap ahead of the new series, which I cannot wait for. 

Forgot how good the first episodes were and that they actually were seeding Dots storyline that early. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â