Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

Folski

17 hours ago, Xela said:

Nearly finished S2 of Designated Survivor. 

Quality has dipped in the second season. 

Agreed,  you have to be truly excellent as a programme based around POTUS.  The reality is a lot more entertaining, Trump has made it a brand in a way.

A little TV program about an unlikely president (Shrugs in an Alan Partridge type way) is not that original nowadays.  + the writing on the Designated survivor is pathetic.  Big things in their world are daily events at the moment.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sne said:

And in other TV news Patrick Stewart is returning as Captain Luc Picard for a new Star Trek series.

And FX are doing a remake of Shogun

Remake of Shogun? Excellent news - read the James Clavell books ages ago and was too young to watch the Richard chamberlain tv program when it first came out. 

On 04/08/2018 at 09:54, coda said:

Next series of Fargo is set in 1950 and starring Chris Rock! Could be a bit of a wait though.

i trust them to carry on the incredible level of writing so the casting kind of plays second fiddle, the biggest news for me isnt rock or the 1950s its the move to kansas city

In a bid to foster peace between Rock's crew and a rival Italian syndicate, the leaders of the two factions hash out a deal: They'll swap sons. To keep the peace, Rock and his Italian counterpart trade their eldest sons with each intending to raise the child as their own.

The unusual situation takes an unexpected turn when the Italian mob boss dies on the operating table during a routine surgery

they all loosely tie in so far so it'll be interesting to see where this one goes, straight away it says to me mike milligan from season 2
Edited by villa4europe

Seen a couple of you mention Ozark with the new season coming up recently.  I'm looking for something new to watch and it seems interesting but from the trailer just looks like it's far too similar to Breaking Bad.  Will that spoil it for me or is it still worth a watch?  Reviews generally seem decent but not outstanding.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Troglodyte said:

Seen a couple of you mention Ozark with the new season coming up recently.  I'm looking for something new to watch and it seems interesting but from the trailer just looks like it's far too similar to Breaking Bad.  Will that spoil it for me or is it still worth a watch?  Reviews generally seem decent but not outstanding.

I really enjoyed it.  There are similarities to Breaking Bad but that doesn't take anything away from it, plus it's only about 10 episodes so bingeable in a few days.  Jason Bateman is good as the main character.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Weird. just finished it this minute.  I mean I saw the last episode just now. Just check VT before to bed, as you do, to see what is occurring. Anyway was well worth it. Looking forward to the second season.  8.1 wba

• Thanks 1

On 21/07/2018 at 21:14, Davkaus said:

I commented on this a few months. Let us know how you get on. It gets progressively more ludicrous in its concept, and exponentially more aggressive with its gung ho "we're american, leaders of the world, god bless the stars and stripes" bullshit.

20 hours ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Agreed,  you have to be truly excellent as a programme based around POTUS.  The reality is a lot more entertaining, Trump has made it a brand in a way.

A little TV program about an unlikely president (Shrugs in an Alan Partridge type way) is not that original nowadays.  + the writing on the Designated survivor is pathetic.  Big things in their world are daily events at the moment.

Finished Designated Survivor yesterday

Overall I really liked it although season 2 did decline in quality. The premise for season 1 is great, the whole situation and despite being OTT I was hooked. Less so in season 2 as @Davkaus says it gets more and more ludicrous -it seems the POTUS just lurches from one crisis to the other in each episode. II think they run out of ideas and some of the characters became too far fetched (FBI agent Hannah Wells for example) .

Overall i'd give it a 7/10... made up of an 8 for s1 and a 6 for s2 and overall it is a WB (mainly for Italia Ricci) 

What to watch next...

• Like 2

West Wing was amazing. It will feel so quaint and dated now with some of the early episodes and what constituted  a scandal. It's also more aspirational with a core group of characters actually trying to do well with a belief that government can be good. Obviously there are lots of challenges, and it gets into the nitty gritty of how politics works, as well. Contrast that with House of Cards which is all about machievelian intrigue and power struggles. Very different tones. I prefer West Wing myself, the characters and the dialogue are so watchable. I got tired of watching shit heads in HoC. 

• Like 1

The US House of Cards is incredible for 2 series and then takes a nose dive. Slightly recovered in the last series but still not to the quality it was before. Also the next series is guaranteed to be a mess as Spacey is obviously not going to be involved and the character they pushed towards taking the lead is dreadful.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â